What About Your Vedic Moon??!!

The_Sundance_Kid

Gotcha ;)

I should have said, in the vedic reports I've received in the past, the nakshatra never featured much in interpretations and was only used to determine rulership and subrulership of the moon for weighting purposes. So there was less about characteristics and more about overall fire and sub-lord of mercury bi-ruled with saturn detrimented by rahu blah blah.

All the reports, from various sources, did talk alot about my Taurus moon (in Western zodiac it in Gemini.) And their interpretation of that was pretty neat. They seemed to focus on sign rather than nakshatra, but maybe they were playing up to the western readership?

And their interpretation of the Taurus moon was very contrary to the Krittika moon, which I found difficult to understand. Apart from the sensuousness :)

MamaMinnee

Confusedpisces... What about this for Revati?
--means 'wealthy' and is also associated with fertility, nourishment, abundance and prosperity on all levels.
--auspicious for spiritual growth and produces great intuitive gifts, as well as music and dance.
--loves animals and has a soft nature.
--absorbs the feelings of others.
--benefits by living by water.
...and tends to get most of the above from the mother...
Marlon Brando, Whitney Houston, James Taylor and Rodney King all have their Moon in Revati.
Compliments of Dennis Harness, Ph.D.

Last edited:

Awakened_Pisces

-Means wealthy and is also associated with Fertility, nourishment, abundance and Prosperity on all levels:

My family is relatively wealthy but not rich. However, I've always had the strong aspiration for money and for a relatively big life. Must be that Jupiter in Virgo?

--Auspicious for Spiritual Growth and produces great intuitive gifts, as well as music and dance.

3.5 GPA over the last 3 years, I love music to death and have been over the last 5 months a practicing astrologer.

-Loves animals and has a soft nature:

I have owned now 5 cats in a span of 17 years :)

--Absorbs the feelings of others

Totally, then I was betrayed by them as the interpretation indicated.

-And tends to get the most of the above from the mother

If it means inheritance then no. I didn't inherit much if any of these skills from my mother. I inherited my kindness from my grandmother perhaps. But me and my mom are on different levels of communication and spirituality.

MamaMinnee

The_Sundance_Kid said:
...They seemed to focus on sign rather than nakshatra, but maybe they were playing up to the western readership?
That was probably the case. The nakshatras are like Sabian symbols, a la Vedic style to me.
And their interpretation of the Taurus moon was very contrary to the Krittika moon, which I found difficult to understand. Apart from the sensuousness :)
You don't cook??!!! Hmmmm...
More on Krittika--see if this is more you, compliments of Dennis Harness, Ph. D.:
--fighter for a social cause, spiritual warrior.
--cuts away negativity to get to the deepest truth.
--beauty, elegance, fashionable dress.
--difficulties with diet and eating habits.
--childlike nature.
--primary motivation is kama/desire.
People with Krittika Moon: Bill Clinton, Frida Kahlo, Bob Dylan, Ronald Reagan.

freedomlover

Sound like you???
Yes! Very much of it is right on the money!

Shravana = "Hearing"- attentive to public opinion Excellent listeners who are attentive to public opinion and wish to maintain their social reputation at all costs.
Yes, unfortunately. I've gone through a huge run of having my name smeared. I tried to keep on everyone's good graces - but finally learned: some people are not gonna like you no matter what you do. It doesn't really bother me much anymore.

They are allied with conventional standards for excellence and will not tolerate any challenge to what they hear as the rules for proper behavior in their subculture.
At some points in my life, I was obsessed with "rules" and "the proper way" - some due to my perfectionist mother, and some due to religious teachings in the church.

There is a certain negativity associated with this nakshatra which is the obvious downside of tale-telling, dishonesty or open disregard for those who might tarnish one's public reputation.
Ditto what I wrote paragraph before last.

Shravana can be arrogant or uncharitable even (or especially) to close friends or family, should one's reputation come into danger from insinuation of untruthfulness or by unflattering association.
Sort-of. Some of the people I've had to "write off" have been family members and many ex-close friends who were like family.

The upside is focused attention to religious teachings and tolerating only the purest spoken word in their homes. Parents disallow vulgarity to flow from the mouths of their children; will ill words be spoken by them in the public assembly.
Yes, I've spent the last 10 years of my life devoted to spiritual teachings from many religions. I've been especially interested in the "power of the spoken word"/decrees, etc.

Not so much the vulgarity - both my kids took after their fathers.

Shravana will travel extensively to listen at the feet of the guru; but he will also ensure that his pious visits are publicly announced and established in the public mind.
At one time, I did do much travel to listen to "gurus". I'm not sure I get the "pious visits" being announced part.

Intellectually, the power of the ear is a huge asset; one listens attentively to the teacher and reads with close attention to detail. Shravana produces scholars of the highest order who pass long the lineage high values of their culture.
This area has been both a gift and a curse to me. I have been a life-long scholar, self-taught in many areas -- although I do read voraciously and learn from others that way. I have had problems with my ears all my life. I'm partially deaf in my right ear. I've had recurrent life-threatening infections that began in my ears and spread. I've also had "spiritual deafness", where it was very hard for me to focus and listen to others. This was due to ear chakra blockages from harsh criticism as a child, as well as being forced to listen to others that thought they knew the way for me, but didn't. Also, being forced to learn things that I knew I did not need to learn.
Marvelous historians, sociologists, and curators of traditional knowledge. Natural ability at public-relations, opinion-polls, political campaign managers, and holders of public office.
Yeah, I could have those talents. I had a psychic tell me once that I would one day be interacting with people in politics. One of my first "jobs" as a young teen was doing the mailings for local politicians campaigns.Yeah, like I said, rebuilding my public reputation is a biggie with me. I'm finally getting over the pain from the false accusations that were spread about me.

Thanks, MamaMinnee!

Nexus7

My Moon is in the Veic Sravana too, someone told me that it is very responsive to music, I certainly enjoy music. A lot of artwork I have done ar a lot like music set to paper.

I don't lnow aobut being sensitive to protocols and social mores, I have no time for petty mores whatsoever. At one time I tended to take on board what many books wrote as being virtually absolute spiritual authorities, but Ihave learnt to be a good deal more discriminating and critical since. I wouldn't have put that down to any Sravana thing though but rather more to do with a Mercury/Saturn aspect.

Tittle-tattling, gossip, I know the harm it can do. I do think there is a big difference between 'fair comment' gossip and malicious gossip, and with the later, I think it can go way beyong sticks and stones. From the 'fair comment' point of view: if nobody blew the whistle and said that this person isn't honest in business, for example, then a whole lot more people might get conned.

I don't really know much about the way Vedic is applied though.

The_Sundance_Kid

MamaMinnee said:
That was probably the case. The nakshatras are like Sabian symbols, a la Vedic style to me. You don't cook??!!! Hmmmm...
More on Krittika--see if this is more you, compliments of Dennis Harness, Ph. D.:
--fighter for a social cause, spiritual warrior.
--cuts away negativity to get to the deepest truth.
--beauty, elegance, fashionable dress.
--difficulties with diet and eating habits.
--childlike nature.
--primary motivation is kama/desire.
People with Krittika Moon: Bill Clinton, Frida Kahlo, Bob Dylan, Ronald Reagan.

I think about fighting for social causes more than I actually fight for them. Beauty and elegance in abundance of course! :p As for fashionable dress...erm...no. The less said the better :eek: . I don't think my primary motivation is desire. I think that as Jupiter is my final dispositor and Saturn in is Sagittarius, my primary motivation is doing what I think is right. I take that waaay too seriously. In fact it seems my life's task is to control my desire.

Difficulties with diet and eating habits, childlike nature, cutting away negativity with truth... BINGO! I do try and cut away at negativity, I always thought that was Scorpio, interesting that the Nakshatra says the same. And I am vegetarian, eat erratically and unconventionally, don't cook much but when I do I like to do something traditional with a quirky twist, and I enjoy it.

Random bag of traits there.. has made me more interested.

You know the nakshatras are named after the constellations, but the indian months are also named after them in reverse, as the constellation will be in the midnight sky when in opposition to the sun. So the contellation of Kritikka (I think the Pleiades) might be up there near Taurus and Gemini, but the Indian month of Kritik is in November, and is generally seen to be unlucky and dark. I don't think Krittika is supposed to be particularly good, but Taurus and Venus definitely are!

MamaMinnee

The_Sundance_Kid said:
...So the contellation of Kritikka (I think the Pleiades) might be up there near Taurus and Gemini, but the Indian month of Kritik is in November, and is generally seen to be unlucky and dark. I don't think Krittika is supposed to be particularly good, but Taurus and Venus definitely are!
Planets are strong and favourable when placed in their exaltation signs or in Moola Trikona signs so it depends on where in Krittika your Moon is placed. Not to be ungrateful, but my Moon is close to exaltation and I have to say: over-rated...
Exaltation, Debilitation and Moola Trikona of Planets.

Planet Exaltation Debilitation Mooltrikona The Sun Aries 10º Libra 10º Leo 0º-20º The Moon Taurus 3º Scorpio 3º Taurus 4º-20º Mars Capricorn 28º Cancer 28º Aries 0º-12º Mercury Virgo 15º Pisces 15º Virgo 16º-20º Jupiter Cancer 5º Capricorn 5º Sagittarius 0º-10º Venus Pisces 27º Virgo 27º Libra 0º-15º Saturn Libra 20º Aries 20º Aquarius 0º-20º

Last edited:

barthelemy

i've had an interest in Vedic astrology for just over a year: these are my details

Vedic Moon: Libra 8�10'55"

Moon's Nakshatra: Swati

Dasha at birth: Rah/Rah/Ven

Dasha after birth: Jup/Jup (m/d/y) 8/12/2003

Current Dasha: Jup/Mer/Sun

Sun Sign (Western) : Virgo

From what I had read it’s scarily accurate and some of the information literally took my breath away – in the most negative way…… due to Effect of Moon, Mercury, Mars and Saturn in my birth chart. All in all the suggestion (from what I have read so far……it appears as if one with my lacks any sort of recognition for my hard efforts and largely ignored by people and live a life of solitude!!! This really disturbed me.

Last edited:

barthelemy

06Thula40 - 19Thula59
Julia Roberts (actor)
Tom Cruise (actor)
Alfred Hitchcock (film director)​

U.S. Pres.#33 Harry Truman
Eric Clapton (musician)
Johnny Cash (musician)​
Radix Moon in Swati = "Breath" - balanced & free

(Rahu - Shukra - Vayu)
Dreams of flying or floating on the wind. Wants to travel the world.
Artistic & intuitive. Socially gracious.
Due to Rahu instinct toward free expression, are quite capable of incorporating illicit & vulgar persons in their circle of relationships.
Talented in fine, literary & performance arts. Strong financial sense; attractive, interesting, good communicators.
Can seem superficial due to nice behaviors, but are actually quite deep & persistent in pursuing satisfaction of their deepest needs..
Likes to learn, dig deeper for insights, know secrets esp. re: life, love & beauty. Willing to break taboos to achieve freedom, esp. will break through one's own fears.
Wants transformative sexual partnership.
Succumbs to flattery of their beauty or talent.
Famed for their fickle heart & changing mind that may tempt into risky behaviors. Emotional restlessness seeking more intense love experience.
  • Deep emotional need for free movement.

found this ^. hmm, unsure. :confused: