USA Election Day: Void of Course Moon

BobZemco

MamaMinnee said:
No, I am not kidding. I am actually shocked that someone would go all the way to the polling place and not select either presidential candidate... and I hold a degree in Political Science from a most reputable university.

International Relations with a double major in polisci/econ and a double minor in history/geography.

You could have elected David Niven's refridgerator as president in 1996 and nothing would have changed.

MamaMinnee said:
Not voting on some random proposition or another was the only thing I thought anyone would skip. Good to know.
Now, this is what I assumed most people did.

I was relieved. I think it's responsible voting; if you don't understand the issue (or the candidates), don't vote. We have yet again another gambling issue on the ballot, this time as an amendment to the Ohio constitution which I hope fails.

Seriously, I can't help but note that Neptune has been transiting the US 2nd House (in both Sibley and my US chart and currently Ohio's 9th House) while these issues of gambling have risen to the forefront in the various states.

Theo

Banned
MamaMinnee said:
I was hoping you would answer this, but could you please address the Moon being void? To me, that diminishes the effect of both the Saturn Uranus opposition, as well as the Mars Neptune square. The result would be akin to a bomb being diffused at the last minute. Momentum of the aspects will accelerate while the Moon is in sign and then when it goes void, the momentum will dissipate, leaving the actual election unfettered by both aspects. Thoughts?

I don't see the Moon's VOC diminishing the global transits during the election, or after it. Void-of-course moons happens frequently. In fact, during these void periods, one can see increased energies from the planets. This partcular Moon will still be in a new week cycle before first quarter cycle occurs two days after the election on November 6. This shows the the realization (and relief) of the end of the election will build towards the full moon later next month.

MamaMinnee

Theo said:
I don't see the Moon's VOC diminishing the global transits during the election, or after it. Void-of-course moons happens frequently. In fact, during these void periods, one can see increased energies from the planets...
Are there any rules regarding the VOC Moon in Classical Judicial Astrology and the certainty of manifestation of aspects during the void? I do realize that planetary activity is more erratic, thereby making action much more unable to predict, similar to the rules of horary. And, while we are at it, are there any rules to which planet exhibits more strength in a bi-directional opposition--e.g. where Saturn is direct and full speed, whereas Uranus is stationing, but still retrograde? From your other posts... I am a fan... it seems change/Uranus is stronger. But is it? And if so, why?

Theo

Banned
MamaMinnee said:
Are there any rules regarding the VOC Moon in Classical Judicial Astrology and the certainty of manifestation of aspects during the void? I do realize that planetary activity is more erratic, thereby making action much more unable to predict, similar to the rules of horary. And, while we are at it, are there any rules to which planet exhibits more strength in a bi-directional opposition--e.g. where Saturn is direct and full speed, whereas Uranus is stationing, but still retrograde? From your other posts... I am a fan... it seems change/Uranus is stronger. But is it? And if so, why?

Hi MamaMinnee, their aren't any "rules" per se regarding VOC Moon's in judicial astrology, but there are guidlines:

The English judicial astrologer William Lilly noted that said that the Moon can't considered to be really void when it is in the signs of Cancer, Taurus, Sagittarius and Pisces, since these are the signs of the Moon’s Rulership, Exaltation, and two of the zodiacal signs ruled by Jupiter that shows the Moon “performeth somewhat," as Lilly put it. This "rule" as it were, is really a guideline that points out that even during VOC Moons, that there are benefits.

In electional charts, the last aspect that the Moon makes before going void represents the outcome of the matter; however, this must be seen in light of other transits in combination to a VOC Moon, its phase, and position to any of the angles in a sunrise chart for the day.

Planets do exhibit more or less strength according to their speed, and delcination, as well as their positions parallel or contra-parallel to one another. This is a more highly complex area of predictive astrology, however, I apply them in my forecasts because I've found these techniques very useful and accurate.

Saturn is nearly sitting straight on, when viewed from Earth it's rings are hardly visable. Saturn is about to "turn" its axis as it nears the balance of Libra in 2010/2011, and from there, that western equinox point until it transits into the southern solstice point of Capricorn, the planet will shift its position to the southern poles facing the earth. The effects are quite dramatic on world events, as Saturn transits from Libra to Capricorn, so we will witness history during the 2010s to the start of the 2020s.

Uranus' influence is quite particular to Earth. This very odd blue green giant rotates backwards, and lies on its side, travels on the same plane of line in the solar system that the Earth does. A unique magnetosphere sourrounds the planet because Uranus literally spins on its side. Uranus' axis is almost parallel to the ecliptic, this is why Uranus has such a strong effect on earthy events, usually sudden, expected, and radical, bringing about changing circumstances that most people cannot account for. Uranus is truly the wild card in the deck of planetary cards for the Earth.

At this time Uranus is ending a cycle it started in 1928, and the last half of this cycle since 1969, as it transits Pisces, before meeting the 0-Aries point in 2010 for a brief time, and then for good in the year 2011. This new transit of Uranus will take it through the signs of Aries, Taurus and Gemini from 2011 to 2033. These signs are very active, and indicate a powerful cycle that is both unusual, erratic, and, in my view, dangerous, considering the trends in the world at this time in late 2008.

Culpeper

Premium Member
In mundane astrology the VOC Moon is not taken into consideration. Aspects of the outer planets are very important. This opposition of Saturn and Uranus indicates financial problems for the whole world going forward and political changes in the USA. The ephemeral motion of the Moon has little effect on these ponderous outer planets.

However,the lunation of 28 October is important; evaluating this new moon gives important information as to how the general election will go. In electional astrology the VOC Moon is good for doing all manner of routine activities. Since I vote in every election, it is a routine activity for me. I have prepared a chart for the time I will vote. I expect to meet with no accidents on the way or challenges from polling judges.

BobZemco

Culpeper said:
However,the lunation of 28 October is important; evaluating this new moon gives important information as to how the general election will go.

I would describe it as "fugly." The Lunation falls in the 12th House.

Jupiter falls in the 2nd House, but it is afflicted by natal Mars, Mercury, Pluto and Saturn in the US chart I use.

Neptune is in the 2nd, which is described as losses of revenue, fraud, theft, and "everything underhanded and secret."

Uranus in the 3rd is indicative of extraordinary occurrences that are negative.

Saturn in the 9th, trouble in the legal world.

Mercury in the 10th quincunx lunated Uranus suggests scandals in government.

Mars in the 12th is "evil" with violence and crimes. In my US chart Mars forms a t-square with natal Mars/Pluto.

The Sibley Chart would show the same placement of the planets for the New Moon Lunation.

starlink

Have you heard the theory that when the Moon is void, aspects do not actually happen? I.E., there will be no ramifications from either the Mars Neptune square or the Saturn Uranus opposition since they both take place when the Moon is void.

Hi MammaMinny! Sorry to answer so late, had no notifications.

No I haven't as it is actually always related to a question. In this case we have no question. This is an event chart.
Nevertheless, it is not a bad idea deducting it like that, but I dont think the VOC Moon means here that the square and that opposition will not have their effect.
Cheers, Starlink

MamaMinnee

Culpeper said:
In mundane astrology the VOC Moon is not taken into consideration.
How come?
Aspects of the outer planets are very important. This opposition of Saturn and Uranus indicates financial problems for the whole world going forward and political changes in the USA. The ephemeral motion of the Moon has little effect on these ponderous outer planets.
What about the US bailout of various rogue financial institutions? Loan remodifications for potential foreclosures? Global awareness and synergy leading to swift action to reduce the impact of the current financial crisis? Could one attribute the minimization of the total devastation of the Saturn/Uranus opposition to the Moon being void?

Theo

Banned
MamaMinnee said:
How come? What about the US bailout of various rogue financial institutions? Loan remodifications for potential foreclosures? Global awareness and synergy leading to swift action to reduce the impact of the current financial crisis? Could one attribute the minimization of the total devastation of the Saturn/Uranus opposition to the Moon being void?

Of course not, and you're correct MamaMinnee. The superior planets are going to be the major newsmakers for many years to come, not void-of-course Moons, although they do play roles throughout the years, they can help to open or close windows of opportunities that some can use to avoid bigger traps in the years ahead.

However, the superior planets, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto will make their marks from now on and through all of the 2010s, 2020s and 2030s. The world is in trouble, serious troubles, and the ramifications are very big, and the effects will last far into the future.

Awakened_Pisces

Theo, if you don't mind my asking. In particular, what kind of years can we possibly see payback to those who decided to say "Forget you" to the people?

Last edited by a moderator:

Culpeper

Premium Member
The Void of Course Moon is important in Horary and Electional astrology. When you are beginning something new, having an active Moon is a must. But for repetitive activities, VOC Moon indicates that they will go on without difficulties. For other areas of astrology the VOC Moon is usually not considered. Natal astrology is an example. For the general election it indicates that the voting will happen without many difficulties, but it does not predict the results.

In Horary the three new outer planets are not used, but in Mundane astrology and Astrometeorology they have proved very effective and useful. If someone should ask a mundane question of Horary then the new planets might be helpful. However, in Horary it is the first question that is most effective. Succeeding charts, if they appear, are considered dubious.

An opposition from Saturn is always very malefic. Uranus is considered mercurial in nature. This is bad for business and finance. In a chart with classical houses cast for Washington DC, Saturn is found in the tenth house: there are changes in US politics coming because Saturn reorganizes. Yet as Theo writes there are more aspects ahead. If Jupiter were strong, it would help matters, but it is very weak now. Expect only a very gradual recovery.

Theo

Banned
Confusedpisces said:
Theo, if you don't mind my asking. In particular, what kind of years can we possibly see payback to those who decided to say "Forget you" to the people?

Good question, and it is the $100,000 question too, or, more like it, the $100 trillion dollar question about "who done it?"

What I see in the transits right now are a lot of very scared financial executives and professionals who've been living very high on the hog for the past seven or so years. Many are trying to plan their "escape" but there is no where to go. The billions of dollars stolen, the mortgage and financial scams, the theft of investor's hard-earned savings, and the losses from failed mortgage companies and banks will have huge blowback very soon.

Those who have been involved in what can only be called the worst fraud in the history of the world, are now planning to either flee prosecution, or, turn against their bosses and partners to save themselves. Seeing the world transits, we will see more of the later in the months and years to come, and the revelations will shock many people, even conservatives, who, after hearing the truths revealed, may indeed become liberals and progressives.

The many investigations have already begun, but are tainted because of the current administration in power. However, in 2009, we will see deeper investigations into the "economic meltdown" as it relates to banking, insurance, mortgages, and of course, Wall Street executives, and the investment bankers. What will be found will be so shocking that it will cause the federal government to enact some of the toughest rules & regulations on corporations, conglomerates, insurance companies and banks since the days of President Teddy Roosevelt.

The "payback" will begin next year, and will speed up in 2010/2011 with so many people under threat of very serious fraud charges and long prison sentences because of widespread corruption cases, that it will be nearly 2020 before many of the cases conclude, with those involved either jailed, and their minions given lighter sentences for turning over and giving evidence against their former bosses and partners.

The transits of Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Pluto are signified for many of the investigations to come. The revelations will be rather shocking that by the time Uranus enters Aries, and Saturn enters Libra in 2010/2011, many people will rebel and openly call for many heads to roll. It will be quite a sight to see what is coming after the revelations of the host of huge white-collar crimes that have taken place between 2001-2009.

Last edited by a moderator:

skywatcher1221

Good news -- the Moon is NOT void-of-course as voting begins. The first Election Day ballots will be cast at midnight, before the void-of-course Moon starts, in Dixville Notch, NH. (Relocate the chart for Washington, and you get a clear picture of the major issues.)

Awakened_Pisces

I really find it interesting that Obama's Aunt resided within Kenya(near Africa), and is in the country illegally. That could also be evidence used to say that Obama is hiding something. Also, a quatrain by Nostradamus is interesting. I forgot what it mainly said. But I think it refers to this point in time.

MamaMinnee

MM said:
The Moon enters Aquarius at 4:01 PST and the first aspect is Moon square Mercury.
... Could this be interpreted simply as the USA general public--Moon in Aquarius--being challenged or negatively energized by John McCain--the Mercurial candidate? (Lion King, you have a theory about this on another thread that I liked, which got me thinking about this question...Tx to you!)

And, back to what Bob had mentioned... a large number of people vote AGAINST a candidate, rather than for one. I do find this to be true. The whole 'lumping McCain together with Bush' media campaign has worked, as most people I know are doing far worse than they were when the Republicans took office 8 years ago.... and are stewing about it. Consensus seems to be that 'the people' are ready to give someone else, or even ANYONE else a chance... and Obama is as good as any since he is simply, not Republican or John McCain... (and pretty smart, etc..., of course.)

AquariusT

Culpeper said:
The Void of Course Moon is important in Horary and Electional astrology. When you are beginning something new, having an active Moon is a must. But for repetitive activities, VOC Moon indicates that they will go on without difficulties. For other areas of astrology the VOC Moon is usually not considered. Natal astrology is an example. For the general election it indicates that the voting will happen without many difficulties, but it does not predict the results.

Quite true. But with that Mars SQ to Neptune, people voting on that VOC may be wasting time, and perhaps their votes won't count. Since VOC means "Nothing will come of it" in a manner of speaking.

AquariusT

MamaMinnee said:
... Could this be interpreted simply as the USA general public--Moon in Aquarius--being challenged or negatively energized by John McCain--the Mercurial candidate?

Perhaps they will go OUT to vote for McCain when that Aquarius moon hits, or after the 7 PM EST hour we will *see* that he is clearly in the lead.

BobZemco

AquariusT said:
Quite true. But with that Mars SQ to Neptune, people voting on that VOC may be wasting time, and perhaps their votes won't count. Since VOC means "Nothing will come of it" in a manner of speaking.

The Void takes place in the US 1st and 2nd Houses in my USA chart (and the Sibley Chart as well) so it wouldn't have any bearing.

If the Void took place in the 3rd House, then you might have an argument since the 3rd would represent communications, including voting, or possibly in the 12th, since voting is a hidden act done with secret ballot.