Energy Stealers

R4VEN

allie_b said:
The behavior described is found in people with personality disorders. And from my experience you cannot "see" it definitively in a chart, unfortuately.
A great book about this is "The Sociopath Next Door". It's interesting that with many of these people, their motivation is --playing on good people's natural sympathy. They manipulate us with our normal sense of compassion.

So, as someone else mentioned, we have to be discerning and willing to give compassion to those who are authentic and deserving, not to everyone, because some people are sociopaths.
Good point, allie!!!!!!

I have a sun/pluto conjunction in 7th on my natal chart, with quite a lot of other Libra influences. For me, the combination of intense Pluto-Sun and Libra sensibilities has made me vulnerable to `others' for much of my life. Have worked upon this with some intensity, and even had to have a number of kinesiology balances to shift my belief that `others are more important than me & so have the right to manipulate and control me.' Until I got down to this, I had no idea at all that I actually believed this at a core level!!!

However, the grandfather of my grandson (on the child's mother's side) is to me an obvious sociopath, and I get distressed by seeing how he drains my grandchild's mother, who just wants to please him and to earn his love - which he's incapable of. The power he has over her then depletes her energy, and from this point he talks at her until she gives in to what he wants her to do.
I also recognise that my stressing out over this is in part also `feeding' his behaviour (I don't see him, or talk to him any more) from a distance. When I'm feeling strong, he doesn't bother me at all, as he has no real power, and just feeds off those with a lot of naturally occurring power. He's just a game-player and a child in a man's body.

flea

this thread has a bigger theme in energy transfer, or even just being sensitive to it. I dont believe everyone is sensitive to energy stealers as it is quite a subtle response. There is application on a positive side in the realm of energy healing, there is an ability to project energy or at least witness it which gives power.

PLuto has to be a major player, yet neptune which give added sensitivity and uranus an ability with body electric stuff. Maybe the three transpersonals all work together in defining how this subtle energy is sensd perceived received and activated.

sun sq pluto/uranus does bring it to the fore in my life, then to add pluto/uranus is trine mars, with all having sextiles to neptune. I sense the erngy moving through my body, and can perceive the energy of others at times. Still have problems with people who I really like and get on with ....then I get home and have headaches......obviously boundary issues are part of my learning. But I am also moving into areas of perceiving the energy of plants rocks etc, and also the impact of my energy on others. My sis has sun sq pluto too and can feel the energy flow too. My brother has the ability to move energy but not percieve it as a feeling.

I lean to energy stealing not being denoted by any particular aspect.

Another thought is that cancer suns and ascendants seem particularly sensitive to this subtle energy, met some amazing people.
Wonder on people's thoughts...

FleaXXX

MamaMinnee

AquariusT said:
I always felt air signs were the victims of energy stealers.
Funny you should mention that... Astrologically, why do you think that is?

Ironically, I need to add that the only sign that NEVER even mentions this to me as a problem, is Aquarius. To me, their natural detachment completely protects them--they make the best doctors and rescue workers, as a result. Sagittarius is another--they're not immune (just ask Archer Girl about her triflin' brother-in-law...), but pretty much have no problems identifying and shutting stealers down ASAP.

Everyone else, inclusive of myself, (past tense--you guys helped empower me with your knowledge, thanks again!!!) seems to have this issue at one point or another. I pinpointed the natal placements and transits I think play a larger role than others; and it is notable that most replies on this post are from those with heavy Pluto (possibly Neptune); and have either been victim or perpetrator.

Last edited:

The_Sundance_Kid

I think there are so many causes and effects of this type of phenomenon that it is difficult to pin down. And so there are naturally lots of astrological factors to it. But the more I read here the more I get the sense we're talking of the Scorpio emotional vampirism. I've read some excellent descriptions of this, I'm trying to remember where. I think it was Haydn Paul describing Pluto in the 8th house.

The Pluto individual wants to suck out anything useful from another person and assume it himself to make himself more powerful. This is amoral. This might be in some sense what you describe?

I also have a Venus Pluto conjunction. All the interpretations I read tell me I will ruin all my relationships because I always want more... nothing is enough for me, until I learn that the love and acceptance I seek comes from inside me. The Scorpio lesson is to look inside instead of outside for the strength one seeks.

Once someone can do that, they can be of help to others by ending the vicious cycle of bad emotions (a kind of karma.) Instead of the pattern of negative energy being passed around, the Scorpio archetype can go out there, find the negative energy, absorb it, and destroy it inside, and not pass it on. I think that is the 8th house power of transformation.

So I think that Pluto is the key here, and afflicted Scorpio's are the vampires.

The_Sundance_Kid

I just thought Pisces might be another factor. While the Scorpio archetype can be the vampire, the Pisces archetype is the victim. So Pisces can easily feel drained, as it picks up on the emotions of others, and can even imagine them. So often a Piscean influence of sorts (and a strong one) can make one feel as if they are surrounded by vampires even when they are not. (Virgos can suck the soul out of anyone, most of all Pisces, but it is not because they are emotionally insatiable like Scorpio, it is partly because Pisces needs to get a grip. Someone has already posted, it is about our boundaries as well as the Vampires. The Scorpio must learn how to treat other people's boundaries. The Pisces must learn how to treat their own.

I was also wondering how many people feel this on a one to one level as opposed to a group one. Maybe Aquarians do not feel this as much because they are more group orientated, but they might feel it strongly on a one to one level- the need for freedom? In fact the need for freedom and independance is often directly from the fact that one finds other people a drain or a bore. So that brings in a whole host of signs- Sagittarius, Gemini.

As for the air signs, maybe they experience this phenomena because the nature of air is to bounce off with other people, and communicate/ relate. When this cannot happen because of energy assymetry they might feel exhausted. Just the small things we do, I think Mercury can control. In a symmetrical conversation both persons adjust their volume and speed to match the others. A vampire does the opposite.

MamaMinnee said:
I am pretty upbeat {Libra Ascendant/Venus conjunct Jupiter/Scorp/1st} and intense {Sun conjunct Pluto/Virgo/11th, Mercury retro conjunct Mars/11th}.

I find that when some people are feeling bad, they come directly to me to "steal my good energy." We hug, are intimate; or sometimes the miserable person can just be around me... being miserable; and then it shifts, they leave happier after draining me, sometimes with words or sometimes just their nasty vibe and I suddenly take on their anxiety, anger, whatever.

Is it something I have in my chart or is there a certain type that specializes in the 'energy theft'?

Well getting back to astrology topic then, as it should be!!! It would have been prudent to post your chart as most of us are visual to get a better, fuller picture of whats going, rather than most people going off on a tangent here.....

Mars conj Mercury can be argumentative/assertive in 11th towards friends, groups, large organisations etc. Sun conj Pluto in any sign makes you an honorary Plutonian, as would sun conj Uranus, sun conj Saturn, sun conj Neptune. So hidden behind all that Libran charm and venusian sociability lies the heart of a real tough cookie.....

If Libra rules Asc then Pisces rules 6th house of service, where's Neptune? what aspects?

MamaMinnee

astrologer50 said:
Well getting back to astrology topic then, as it should be!!! If Libra rules Asc then Pisces rules 6th house of service, where's Neptune? what aspects?
Actually, I have intercepted houses and Pisces rules the 5th. Neptune is in the 2nd (I counsel for a living) opposing Moon conjunct Saturn retrograde in the 7th. Neptune also sextiles my Sun Pluto in the 11th, which trines the Moon Saturn in Taurus. Mercury is retrograde with Mars in the 11th, as well.

Per my most recent update, I honed in on my natal Sun Pluto conjunction, as well as transits of Neptune square my Moon Saturn; and Pluto square my Sun Pluto... and going back to various other symptomatic charts, the recurring theme seemed to just jump out at me.

StarNur

i can relate as well. that is why i prefer being alone at times. when i start getting that vibe from someone, that they're wearing me down, i try to stop focusing on them. I turn my mind and attention onto something else if I cannot leave. if i cant stand it anymore i make up an excuse to leave. really i feel like im suffocating around some ppl...usually happens when im tired, stressed, or sick.

When ive got the time and energy i can better ignore the negativity - as long as theyre not in the form of direct words/actions - and give them a positive dose hoping that it will lower the neg vibes coming from that person. usually the negativity is reduced or stops all together. if i dont notice any change i dont bother anymore...i move on..

pisces moon square neptune but trine uranus

Last edited:

flea

hmm... i am a sag sun gem rising and aquarius on MC with venus and I am soo soo sensitive in some situations to being energy drained. I reckon that cancer moon makes me sensitive.

FleaXXX

Last edited: