Will Accutane give me permanent health problems?

Pisces13

Banned
In a couple months, I have an appointment with a dermatologist for my adult acne. I've had it for years, no topical or oral treatment--prescription or otherwise--has helped in any way, I've been recommended Accutane a few times before but I've been afraid to try it due to all the horror stories. It's gotten to the point now where I'm actually going to tell my doctor I've changed my mind about Accutane and I'd like to go on it and see what it can do for me.

But because I've heard such terrible things (liver damage, pancreatic damage, hair loss--I'm a young woman, etc.) and how the permanent health problems can arise even one year after taking it, I'm understandably scared. My question was: Will Accutane result in any permanent, or even temporary but severe, health issues for me and will Accutane pose any damage to my health and well-being (during and after the course)?

Please bare with me because I've never attempted to read a health horary before. I associate the 6th house with health, both the 6th house's ruler and my own are Venus, which is conjunct Mercury, and Venus trines Mars in the 7th house (could this be the doctor prescribing me the Accutane?). Instinctively, I want to associate the 10th house with health--the ruler of the 10th is Saturn, retrograde, and squaring Jupiter, which is not in dignity in Virgo. Moon is also squaring Sun...all in all, it looks bad to me. As in "yes" it will result in either severe or permanent health damage to me.

Will someone please read the chart and tell me what you see? This is very important to me as it has to do with my health. I'm worried and I'm too young for some of those permanent side effects and it scares me. At the same time, having very bad acne for several years is also debilitating in many ways...so Accutane really is an option to me, but I do have to know what it holds for me health-wise as well...

Attachments

• accutane.jpg
    accutane.jpg
    545.3 KB · Views: 63

Capricorn2616

I don't know how to read horary ... Have you tried cutting out caffeine, and only eating animal products that are strictly regulated? Also SLS in shampoo and toothpaste causes me to break out sometimes. I'm not trying to minimize your experience, I'm sure you've tried everything. I've just heard a lot of stories about girls regretting using this drug. Diet and managing stress/hormones helped my skin immensely. I might just be stating the obvious lol but if you want to hear about the things I've learned through the years regarding skin care you can pm me.

Pisces13

Banned
Thank you for your suggestions and offer Capricorn, but I really have tried everything under the sun these past 10 years. I even went vegan for 6 months, and it did nothing. I've done a lot of dietary experiments that I stuck with 6+ months, all-natural products, many lifestyle changes in general, all in addition to trying numerous (and i do mean numerous) prescription medications, both oral and topical. Nothing helped even "a little bit." I've even been to multiple doctors, including a hormone doctor, over the years. No change. Accurate is, dreadfully and unfortunately, my only hope. But of course I'm scared because I've researched Accutane. It's horrible--at least it has been to many people, and it scares me. But it's either give Accutante a shot, or live with severe acne and spend my whole youth looking like this. It's an extremely hard decision, but it really has come down to Accutane or put up with severe acne for another decade. I don't know what to do.

tikana

treatment is 10th house so you need to look at asce / to MH and moon

saturn rejects venus
venus is not happy with saturn
moon just passed saturn and heads to sun square
Lilly says that any time there is a malefic aspect between moon / sun unless there is TOL involved .. hardly anything will go well. Therefore, acutane *****!

venus - below the horizon _ BAD! and it is combusted
saturn is entering 8th house - really bad!

venus rules skin beauty therefore the chart is valid.

Last edited:

Pisces13

Banned
treatment is 10th house so you need to look at asce / to MH and moon

saturn rejects venus
venus is not happy with saturn
moon just passed saturn and heads to sun square
Lilly says that any time there is a malefic aspect between moon / sun unless there is TOL involved .. hardly anything will go well. Therefore, acutane *****!

venus - below the horizon _ BAD! and it is combusted
saturn is entering 8th house - really bad!

venus rules skin beauty therefore the chart is valid.

This just absolutely crushed me (but thanks for reading the chart, of course). I'm the only person, let alone young woman, my age that I know who still has any type of acne, let alone severe acne. And I've had it for just a little more than 10 years and looking at my face now, it's not slowing down at all. And I've truly exhausted all my options. Does the chart indicate death? Because I'm so desperate I might actually still go on it unless it makes me die, then obviously I won't touch it. But my desperation really has taken me to this point.

tikana

well if it was worth it, we should have seen dignified or accidentally well placed planet.. here Saturn is bad 8th house NOT good.

you are not DYING from it but you wont get what you seek.

Pisces13

Banned
well if it was worth it, we should have seen dignified or accidentally well placed planet.. here Saturn is bad 8th house NOT good.

(deep sigh) With the way things normally go for me, I should have anticipated that. Thank you for your time, Tikana (and Capricorn as well, of course), I appreciate it.

katydid

Tikana, is there a way to ask a horary question, about what she should try?

I don't know how to fashion questions....

Snakechammah

Seriously, please listen to Tikana.

Accutane is already bad in every levels, and from Tik's analysis, I wouldn't touch that with a 100-foot pole if I were you! It's better to have acne than a ruptured kidney... or similiar.

Speaking as someone who battled with acne for 20 years... I can suggest a few things that may help you.

When you say you've tried everything under the sun, chances are, you probably haven't.

Have you tried Dan Kern's Benzoyl Peroxide? Google his website and get help from there.

Personally, I use SKII and that alone has helped me. But it's pricey as hell so I know most sane people won't try it even if I say they can fart sunshine using it! There are MANY alternatives to Accutane. Some of them are sulphur soap (grandpa brand - google it), Peter thomas roth's acne line (google that)... everything that does not involve the 8th House in a horary chart!!

Astrology-wise, I emphasize: please listen to what Tikana has said....

I wish you all the best!

Pisces13

Banned
@Snakechammah I know i should listen to her, and I might. As for the benzoyl peroxide, I haven't tried that but it wouldn't help anyway. At best it would be a temporary fix. Cystic acne cannot be permanantly helped with topicals as its not a bacterial form of acne. Thanks anyway though.

Last edited:

Kitchy

Banned
Geez. Is that from the chart or you've heard enough things about it and you're advising to just stay away from it? Goodness. I don't even know what to do anymore.

Have you ever tried this? Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gel. I have seen it work for many people! It's 100% magnificent. You can drink it (keep refrigerated) or use it as topical treatment. Try it for a month and see what happens? Good luck.

LTD-10032-3.jpg

Attachments

• lily of the desert aloe.jpg
    lily of the desert aloe.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 26

Oddity

I tend to agree with Tik's assessment, though we get there by slightly different paths.

On the upside, your doctor looks quite capable, Mars in rulership, and just past a trine to Venus (you). He or she may have some other ideas. As Tik said, the accutane wouldn't necessarily be lethal, but there would be problems - it won't give you what you want.

tikana

I tend to agree with Tik's assessment, though we get there by slightly different paths.

On the upside, your doctor looks quite capable, Mars in rulership, and just past a trine to Venus (you). He or she may have some other ideas. As Tik said, the accutane wouldn't necessarily be lethal, but there would be problems - it won't give you what you want.

Oddity.. all roads lead to Rome.. :)

Pisces13

Banned
Have you ever tried this? Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera Gel. I have seen it work for many people! It's 100% magnificent. You can drink it (keep refrigerated) or use it as topical treatment. Try it for a month and see what happens? Good luck.

LTD-10032-3.jpg

I actually had tried that, and like all other things it didn't do anything. I've even tried drinking apple cider vinegar (distiller with a little water) 2-3x a day as suggested by a vitamin shop owner and that didn't do anything either.

Pisces13

Banned

I am going to a good one. But I've explored many options with her over the years.