Richard Armitage's ascendant?

Fyrefly

When I look at pictures of this man, especially the "smolder", I think Scorpio rising, which would put his Leo Sun/Venus conjunction in the 10th, which, considering his profession. makes sense to me. But....then I watch interviews with him and I'm just not sure about Scorpio. Even the shy Scorpio types I know will still look at you with a very direct gaze. He doesn't.

For an actor who plays Thorin Oakenshield - and similar human characters - I get the feeling that maybe he's more of a safe, comfortable Taurus/Cancer/Virgo Hobbity-hole kind of ascendant.

On the other hand, there is that smolder....

What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 36

Erickaf

I love this actor.
I've watched many interviews of him and he is very reserved man with a quick sense of humour. I wonder if Virgo fits but some Virgo asc are very chatty, Richard is less social and more intense and quiet. I think Earth sign is good fit.

Can you upload his natal for us??

Fyrefly

That's interesting you thought Virgo because the first time I ever noticed him I thought he was a Virgo sun. Leo surprised me. You are right about reserved. He looks downward when talking to people, but eyes kind of up. His interview mannerisms reminds me of how Princess Diana used to speak when she was being interviewed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Erickaf

No wonder I noticed Virgo...his Moon is Virgo :biggrin:.
So if he has Virgo asc that means he would have Pluto, Moon and Mercury all influencing his ASC.
He doesn't strike me as a Scorpio. Moon quincunx Mars he must be very moody and wicked temper.
I am still leaning towards Earth sign for asc. What you think about Capricorn?

Fyrefly

I like the idea of a Capricorn Ascendent. It fits the reserve he shows in interviews, but again, I'm not certain. Here's the chart with a Capricorn Ascendent. How are you at chart rectification? I don't have any experience with it. I've got so much to learn.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 41

west155

Scorpio ascendant, IMHO. His sun is really at the cusp with Virgo and his moon and mercury are Virgos as well, which may be why he's seemingly Virgo to you. The roles that he plays (intense, dark, psychological) and his extreme dedication to his craft (he was water boarded to understand what it felt like and learned Russian for his role as Lucas North) all point to Scorpio ASc to me. He's extremely private and even spells it out for us in his twitter handle ("moody, anti-socialite..."). Last reason is I think he played his signature role Thorin Oakenshield when Orcus was in transit over his MC. ( Yes, I'm obsessed with both RA and Orcus, separately). Jeremy Neal's book on Orcus is a great read.

Last edited:

violetcrumble

Tricky. Based on appearance, he seems to like wearing dark clothes, classic style. He has Mercurial look (Virgo/Gemini).

I'm going to give a several guess first.

1. Late Taurus Ascendant as Saturn Rising;
2. Virgo Ascendant with Pluto in 1st house and moon either in 1st house or 12th house.
3. Scorpio or Capricorn Asc (the least I would put him as)
4. Gemini Asc with Saturn Rising

Last edited:
When I look at pictures of this man, especially the "smolder", I think Scorpio rising, which would put his Leo Sun/Venus conjunction in the 10th, which, considering his profession. makes sense to me. But....then I watch interviews with him and I'm just not sure about Scorpio. Even the shy Scorpio types I know will still look at you with a very direct gaze. He doesn't.

For an actor who plays Thorin Oakenshield - and similar human characters - I get the feeling that maybe he's more of a safe, comfortable Taurus/Cancer/Virgo Hobbity-hole kind of ascendant.

On the other hand, there is that smolder....

What are your thoughts?

I also think he's Scorpio rising. Having dated two Scorpio rising guys, I get that same feel from him. It's mostly the eyes and the smolder, but also the nose. Both of the guys had aquiline noses that, like Richard's, looked perfect on their faces and never seemed too big because they had a certain delicacy to them. One of the Scorpio rising guys I dated had a Virgo moon, and he didn't always have such a direct gaze. But in pictures, oh yeah. If Richard had a lot of personal planets aspecting Pluto, I would say that could explain the intensity, but he doesn't. I suppose Capricorn rising is a distant second, but I'm much more convinced about Scorpio rising.