Is it really rare to have so many planets exalted/at home in one's birth chart?

astroner

I always thought my chart was scattered, or "messy" and didn't like its shape too much. Just recently I became a bit fascinated at the fact that my chart has so many planets at home or exalted. Is this a rare occurrence? What could it mean? Here is my chart -

4t1pq9.png

The_Saturnian

Hi astroner,

My take on having well placed planets is that the fruit of good past life deeds. I.e. reincarnation. I wouldn't say that there is anything like coincidence when it comes down to astrology/the mystique. I'd say just make the most of the talents the planets have bestowed upon you in life this because of good karma you carried forward.

JUPITERASC

I always thought my chart was scattered, or "messy" and didn't like its shape too much. Just recently I became a bit fascinated at the fact that my chart has so many planets at home or exalted. Is this a rare occurrence? What could it mean? Here is my chart
Everyone born that same day as you would also have had those planets at home or exalted in their natal charts.

However, one of those at home planets is the Moon which changes signs approximately every two and a half days.

There are approximately one hundred thousand people born every two and a half days - so approximately one hundred thousand people share the same planets at home or exalted that you have.

HOWEVER

When we remove the Moon from the equation we find that the other exalted and at home planets remained exalted and at home for eight days after the day that you were born. Which means approximately half a million people worldwide who were born up to 8 days after you were born also share those same natal planets that are at home and exalted in your natal chart - with the exception of the Moon.

Of course, there are other exalted and at home planets that frequently cluster in this way, so it's not that rare/unusual JMO for natal charts to have several at home and exalted planets
:smile:

IleneK

Premium Member
I always thought my chart was scattered, or "messy" and didn't like its shape too much. Just recently I became a bit fascinated at the fact that my chart has so many planets at home or exalted. Is this a rare occurrence? What could it mean? Here is my chart -

From a traditional dignity/debility viewpoint, it suggests that those planets will be able to express their innate energies more freely and fully than if they were debilitated or in their fall. By itself that's a good thing. After that, then aspects, reception, house location will modify that expression.

I know a few people who have a good number of dignified and exalted planets. If you look at probabilities, I would think that having a lot of dignified/exalted planets would be more rare than the sum of having few and having none.

Last edited:

astroner

Everyone born that same day as you would also have had those planets at home or exalted in their natal charts.

No offense, but this is something very obvious I don't really know why you had to mention it ;). On a lighter note, I don't know anyone born on the same exact day and hour as myself, yet =). 100,000 people out of how many people on earth? Pretty rare to me. Have yet to see another chart with a lot of exalted/in home planets.

astroner

Hi astroner,

My take on having well placed planets is that the fruit of good past life deeds. I.e. reincarnation. I wouldn't say that there is anything like coincidence when it comes down to astrology/the mystique. I'd say just make the most of the talents the planets have bestowed upon you in life this because of good karma you carried forward.

Interesting take :D. I also did a card reading about it, and Karma was brought up, so I believe you're very right!!

astroner

From a traditional dignity/debility viewpoint, it suggests that those planets will be able to express their innate energies more freely and fully than if they were debilitated or in their fall. By itself that's a good thing. After that, then aspects, reception, house location will modify that expression.

I know a few people who have a good number of dignified and exalted planets. If you look at probabilities, I would think that having a lot of dignified/exalted planets would be more rare than the sum of having few and having none.

Thanks IleneK :sideways: I don't know anyone that has, but then again I just started learning astrology last year, but thus far I haven't seen anyone in the online community forum I frequent that has so many planets exalted/dignified.

Yes, it would have been even better if most planets were in their house (such as my Sun in 6th house, Venus in 7th, Moon in 4th) that would have been even more rare, lol. But these planets being exalted/at home haven't really benefited me much =/. I guess free-will comes to play. I have also read that people with weak planets, or at their fall are able to be more successful in life for some reason.

IleneK

Premium Member
Thanks IleneK :sideways: I don't know anyone that has, but then again I just started learning astrology last year, but thus far I haven't seen anyone in the online community forum I frequent that has so many planets exalted/dignified.

Yes, it would have been even better if most planets were in their house (such as my Sun in 6th house, Venus in 7th, Moon in 4th) that would have been even more rare, lol. But these planets being exalted/at home haven't really benefited me much =/. I guess free-will comes to play. I have also read that people with weak planets, or at their fall are able to be more successful in life for some reason.

I do believe it depends upon the overall portrait that the chart paints, the way that the planets interact and the houses in which they are located, such that dignity/exaltation might not work in one's favor at times, while the converse might.

The_Saturnian

I have also read that people with weak planets, or at their fall are able to be more successful in life for some reason.

I have also read something similar. Without going too far off on a tangent, I believe some Vedic astrologers state that a debilitated Chandra (Moon) in Vrshchika (Scorpio) makes the person a potentially good actor/actress. Simply because the Moon (emotions) is quite unstable. Thus they are more likely to be able to make themselves cry without getting emotionally upset, which by my observation is not an easy thing to do. (I often relate emotional instability to something like an unstable radioactive isotope of U-235) :p

Returning to the topic at hand and still staying on the branch of Vedic, there are two charts I happen to have which do show astrological utopia. These are of the 7th and 8th incarnation of the Hindu deity Lord Vishnu's (the universal preserver), namely Lord Rama and Lord Krishna respectively. If you see the placements of the planets in the signs it does portray an almost perfect chart.
Lord Rama's chart is the one with Cancer rising, and the other is Lord Krishna's chart with Taurus rising.

Attachments

• Lord Rama's natal chart.png
    Lord Rama's natal chart.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Lord Krishna's natal chart.png
    Lord Krishna's natal chart.png
    7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

astroner

That is amazing, Saturnian ;). Maybe when my Saturn return comes around things will start getting better for me (hopefully) hehe. :sideways:

The_Saturnian

Saturn Rx are rocky, but the other side is always bright. I'm going through mine at the moment and this time next year it'll be coming full circle :(. I've just noticed that your posted chart in this thread, indicates that transiting Saturn is conjunct natal Pluto - ouch! I guess you maybe feeling intense, irascible or something similar?

astroner

When it was conjunct my Venus my 7 year relationship broke off completely.
Also, in the beginning of the transit through the 8th my grandfather passed away :'(. Now conjunct Pluto I'm not sure what it means at all. Well, actually I don't have much patience, I think my anger has simmered down actually. To me, this Saturn-Pluto means transformation and cosmetic surgery :sideways: Also, a lot of weight has been lost.

Also money troubles due to my mother losing her elderly patient to death - we all struggled, but quickly recovered from that.

Saturn Rx are rocky, but the other side is always bright. I'm going through mine at the moment and this time next year it'll be coming full circle :(. I've just noticed that your posted chart in this thread, indicates that transiting Saturn is conjunct natal Pluto - ouch! I guess you maybe feeling intense, irascible or something similar?

Last edited:

The_Saturnian

So sorry to hear your relationship ended, and the loss of your late grandfather. My condolences. I am surprised that when the Saturn-Venus conjunction occurred your relationship ended. I only say this because Saturn is exalted in Libra, and Venus rules it. So I would have thought there maybe a serious commitment as opposed to an end of the relationship. But then again the transition did occur in the 8th house (death/ending of things/transformation), so the transition did end to make way for better pastures. It is interesting that you say your anger has simmered down.

About the money trouble. Was this caused by the Saturn-Pluto conjunction? I wonder if the semi-square from Jupiter (fortune/income) to Pluto could have attributed to this? Not sure about this one.

JUPITERASC

Regarding the specific combination of natal planets exalted/at home as shown by your natal chart, remember that Mercury is never far from the Sun and Moon transits each sign each month and so it's not unusual to find people with August birthdays who have a Leo Sun, a Virgo Mercury and a Cancer Moon :smile:

However Venus transits Libra every two years but not necessarily in August, so it's less usual to find Venus in Libra with Sun in Leo

and Jupiter transits Pisces every twelve years

Just randomly opened my Ephemeris and found specifically for August 9th 10th and 11th 1969

Sun Leo
Mercury Virgo
Moon Cancer

Leo is the domicile of the Sun and Aries is the Exaltation of the Sun so here's an example that's fairly unusual of
Sun and Moon in either domicile or exaltation accompanied by two planets one in domicile the other in exaltation

9th 10th 11th 12th April 1981

Sun Aries
Moon Cancer
Mars Aries – Mars transits Aries approximately every two years
Saturn Libra – Saturn transits Libra every 30 years

14th 15th 16th August 1993 is more unusual because Saturn transits Aquarius only every 30 years

Sun Leo
Moon Cancer
Jupiter Libra
Saturn Aquarius – Saturn transits Aquarius every 30 years

From 10th to 23rd August 1962

Sun Leo
Mercury Virgo
Jupiter Pisces – Jupiter transits Pisces every twelve years
Saturn Aquarius – Saturn transits Aquarius every 30 years

There's a very useful free online ephemeris with the locations of all planets for 6000 years - up to and including the year 2199 at
http://www.astro.com/swisseph/swepha_e.htm

50 year 21st Century Ephemeris in book form http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-American-Ephemeris-Century-Midnight/dp/0935127593

Last edited:

astroner

Thanks for the condolences. Yes, I was surprised, too! But that's due to us not working on our relationship problems, and just continually sweeping troubles under the rug. It's still an on-going battle because we have kids, and we are still friends. So, it's still kind on and off. Don't know when/if it will end 100%. I'm not sure when money started being a problem it was around November of 2012, but it eased down by around March of this year.

So sorry to hear your relationship ended, and the loss of your late grandfather. My condolences. I am surprised that when the Saturn-Venus conjunction occurred your relationship ended. I only say this because Saturn is exalted in Libra, and Venus rules it. So I would have thought there maybe a serious commitment as opposed to an end of the relationship. But then again the transition did occur in the 8th house (death/ending of things/transformation), so the transition did end to make way for better pastures. It is interesting that you say your anger has simmered down.

About the money trouble. Was this caused by the Saturn-Pluto conjunction? I wonder if the semi-square from Jupiter (fortune/income) to Pluto could have attributed to this? Not sure about this one.

JUPITERASC

Thank you for the info. I prefer this ephemeris though: http://www.findyourfate.com/astrology/ephemeris/2013.html

Just a personal preference =)

How many people have you met with 6 or more planets exalted/at home?

But Jupiter in Libra isn't exalted nor at home? I'm confused about this one
Jupiter in Libra has dignity by term from 11 - 19 Libra and by face from 20 to 30 degrees Libra and that's a minor dignity by comparison with domicile and exaltation of course - so I have edited Jupiter Libra out and then added an example using the Sun's exaltation.

There are of course many years with the Moon in domicile or exaltation accompanied by three or more planets in domicile or exaltation
:smile:

tsmall

Premium Member
I do believe it depends upon the overall portrait that the chart paints, the way that the planets interact and the houses in which they are located, such that dignity/exaltation might not work in one's favor at times, while the converse might.

Taps nose. Ilene, I do believe you nailed it. This is why it is so important to understand the basics of astrology, even if as applied to modern astrology. If you don't, you will miss so much in the chart.

Here's a nifty chart. With three of the seven traditional planets exalted.

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?...O8rfJ1iW6uvC-pIW9L_eWzRcpF2bThkauYkL9uX4HyN4M

Not so cool how this person's life ended up.

And that's not to even remotely suggest, astroner, that I have this impression from your chart.

The thing about domiciled planets is that they are very comfortable being who they are. So you need to figure out who they are, and what they rule.

Exalted planets are a bit of a different breed. They often have expectations that the chart doesn't bear out, in which case people can resort to extremes. To decide what the chart bears out, or how...sect, sect, sect, and the sign in which they find themselves...and then on to the houses they rule.