What Aspects Indicate Longevity For a Relationship?

astrology02

I have recently been interested in finding out why some good relationships just suddenly end and bad ones seem to last?

Are there certain aspects that point to longevity in a relationship?

The ones I have noted so far:

--->Venus conjunct saturn

---->Venus square saturn (not necessarily a good relationship, but binding nonetheless) .

---->conjunctions between north node/moon/sun/venus (the feeling that the relationship is going somewhere and there's almost a magnetic pull towards the other person that has to do with karma. It is like you need to keep in contact with them to work out your karma)

---->is saturn trine sun one? or does it have to be a conjunction to be binding?

Are there any aspects that indicate a short-term relationship?

The ones I have noted so far:

---->Any planet with uranus in contact with it (sudden attractions and then sudden breakups)

---->Planets in hard aspect to the sun-moon midpoint- (I have had this with a couple people, it was like they were brought into my life to teach me a lesson, and then once i learned it - they were gone).

Are there any other ones you can think of?

Last edited:

greybeard

I was going to give Venus conj. Saturn as an example....and will.
As to why the breakup, suppose Venus-Saturn at 4 degrees....
And Uranus (there are others) at 13 degrees
So that Venus comes to Uranus in 9 degrees.
Suppose the lord of the Venus-Saturn couple badly conditioned.
Or the lord of the 7th.
Your list seems a good one.

There are a host of reasons, and it depends on the individual chart.
A waning crescent Moon phase (315-360 degrees from Sun) can indicate a number of intense but short-lived relationships.
A relationship, consisting of two people...the demands of one chart may, at some point in time, overwhelm the promise of the other.

The trine aspect signifies "momentum". Things continue as they are until acted upon by some external force. The aspect is one of accretion; it builds on its past successes, grows. Take a look at the Lagrangian Points (L4 and L5) in space. Those two points just happen to stand at the apices of two equilateral triangles with Sun-Earth at the other apices... Prroof of the wisdom of the ancient astrologers offered by space-age scientists, by the reality of the universe. Jupiter and Neptune hold hosts of asteroids at L4 & L5 (the Trojans and Greeks). The trine is said to be an "easy" aspect because it doesn't rely on force, but on balance and harmony; it's passivity at its most powerful.

Last edited:

astrology02

Are you talking about the aptitude in an individual chart, or the actions shown in a composite chart of some kind?

I was wondering about the dynamics between 2 individuals in either a synastry or composite chart.

Also, I didn't know which was more important....the composite chart or the synastry chart to show how it will play out?

For instance if a couple has a bad synastry chart, but a good composite...is that more favoured for longevity? In a sense i guess it could mean that they do not get a long but will stick it out because they work things out over the long run based on a favourable composite chart.

I am not really concerned with whether or not it is a good relationship or not...more just why some relationships last, while others don't.

astro11

You need to consider the karmic links, look at the nodes for example. South node connections tend to signify past life associations while the north node are more future oriented.

No relationship will last without the power of Saturn but if there is too much Saturn the relationship can make you miserable.

If you have too many hard aspects without enough easy aspects it can be too much work. Many people don't want to nor should they necessarily be putting in that much effort to make it work.

You are looking for a sense of overall compatibility. For example, if you are a person with dominant Leo energy (many planets in Leo, 5th house stellium, many tight aspects to the Sun) and your partner has a dominant Capricorn energy (many planets in Capricorn, 10th house stellium, many tight aspects to Saturn) you won't naturally understand why your partner behaves and talks as they do because it is so different from your natural way of being. This can cause resentment and misunderstanding and progressively undermine the relationship.

rahu

Banned
looking at composites, the most successful relationships have trines and sextiles between jupiter/venus/sun/moon/mars in the form of conjunction or sextile and trines. conjunction/sextile/trine patterns are always found in healthy longterm relationship and usually tend toward marriage.
saturn sextile and trine to the moon helps but surprisingly it does not give the strnegth that the afore mentioned aspects give. i have seen several composite with moon trine/sextile saturn where the security and boredom of this aspect actually "causes" a wandering eye.
but these trime/sextile patterns do not over ride the dissaonance created by hard squares in a composite. uranus square virtually anything cause instabilty. it give intenity but not longevity. satrur/chiron/pluto square/oppositions doom a relationship but they can be found in long term relationshiops where one of the partners is totally and pathologically subservient to the man(usually). also anything square to pluto usually shows a doomed relationship though here also one may find a long term relationsiip but very repressed and undemonstrative emotions..jupiter square to pluto dooms a relationship because there is no sense of "we" and only personal ambitions are important. this can work for a short time but both partners must be plannig for their separate futures such as both in school or engaged in similar professions.but long term this fails. jupiter/ neptune squares are also very problematic because there is no truth between them.this can work for a while but not in the long term
rahu

Last edited:

astrology02

You need to consider the karmic links, look at the nodes for example. South node connections tend to signify past life associations while the north node are more future oriented.

No relationship will last without the power of Saturn but if there is too much Saturn the relationship can make you miserable.

If you have too many hard aspects without enough easy aspects it can be too much work. Many people don't want to nor should they necessarily be putting in that much effort to make it work.

You are looking for a sense of overall compatibility. For example, if you are a person with dominant Leo energy (many planets in Leo, 5th house stellium, many tight aspects to the Sun) and your partner has a dominant Capricorn energy (many planets in Capricorn, 10th house stellium, many tight aspects to Saturn) you won't naturally understand why your partner behaves and talks as they do because it is so different from your natural way of being. This can cause resentment and misunderstanding and progressively undermine the relationship.

Thanks astro11 :) I have found that saturn aspects can make the relationship very challenging sometimes, but you feel a responsibility to the other person- so you don't give up. I agree with you too about the comparing the composite with individual natal charts. As much as you may want a relationship to work if it goes against your core beliefs or way of doing things it creates great tension :( Very good points.

astrology02

looking at composites, the most successful relationships have trines and sextiles between jupiter/venus/sun/moon/mars in the form of conjunction or sextile and trines. conjunction/sextile/trine patterns are always found in healthy longterm relationship and usually tend toward marriage.
saturn sextile and trine to the moon helps but surprisingly it does not give the strnegth that the afore mentioned aspects give. i have seen several composite with moon trine/sextile saturn where the security and boredom of this aspect actually "causes" a wandering eye.
but these trime/sextile patterns do not over ride the dissaonance created by hard squares in a composite. uranus square virtually anything cause instabilty. it give intenity but not longevity. satrur/chiron/pluto square/oppositions doom a relationship but they can be found in long term relationshiops where one of the partners is totally and pathologically subservient to the man(usually). also anything square to pluto usually shows a doomed relationship though here also one may find a long term relationsiip but very repressed and undemonstrative emotions..jupiter square to pluto dooms a relationship because there is no sense of "we" and only personal ambitions are important. this can work for a short time but both partners must be plannig for their separate futures such as both in school or engaged in similar professions.but long term this fails. jupiter/ neptune squares are also very problematic because there is no truth between them.this can work for a while but not in the long term
rahu

Oh i forgot about pluto...i completely agree with you on that being a doomed relationship. It is as though they are challenging the way you are and there is a theme of trying to change the other person. I guess with the trine it may work...but i've experienced the square and it ended horribly. And jupiter square pluto...that is a good one too. And never thought about the deception of neptune as well! Although it may be an idealistic relationship to start, I guess it could lead to resentment over being deceived by the other person. :(

Thanks for your help Rahu!! :)...i have found it very hard to find info on this topic.

dr. farr

In making such evaluations, although I use the tropical zodiacal matrix for the chart, I apply the very ancient Vedic ashtakavarga evaluation of place-to place (sign to sign) relationships of each and all the planets, to relevant (significator) houses in the composite chart or to relevant Lots erected for the composite, or both; sometimes I also apply the sarvashtakavarga method (part of the ashtakavarga system) in making this evaluation. Of course I have extended this ancient method (which actually predates Parasara, the "father" of Vedic astrology-as we know it today) to include Uranus, Neptune and Pluto, which (as an eclectic) I do consider of much importance in making these types of evaluations.

(Note: I might eventually elaborate how to use this method-its actually a Western application of a Vedic technique, so I don't know which forum to put it in! Perhaps it would be best in the Predictive Astrology forum, which is open to all varieties of methods, Eastern, Western, and mixtures-like this!)

astrology02

In making such evaluations, although I use the tropical zodiacal matrix for the chart, I apply the very ancient Vedic ashtakavarga evaluation of place-to place (sign to sign) relationships of each and all the planets, to relevant (significator) houses in the composite chart or to relevant Lots erected for the composite, or both; sometimes I also apply the sarvashtakavarga method (part of the ashtakavarga system) in making this evaluation. Of course I have extended this ancient method (which actually predates Parasara, the "father" of Vedic astrology-as we know it today) to include Uranus, Neptune and Pluto, which (as an eclectic) I do consider of much importance in making these types of evaluations.

(Note: I might eventually elaborate how to use this method-its actually a Western application of a Vedic technique, so I don't know which forum to put it in! Perhaps it would be best in the Predictive Astrology forum, which is open to all varieties of methods, Eastern, Western, and mixtures-like this!)

You should definitely do a post on this Dr. Farr! :) I would be interested in reading it. I find Vedic astrology very interesting and surprisingly accurate even though it uses different positions for the planets compared to western society. Thanks for your input on this thread- i always find your take on things interesting. You have a different technique for how you analyze a chart- but they are extremely accurate.

Lin

"For instance if a couple has a bad synastry chart, but a good composite..."

Actually, I would like to see examples of this. Theoretically, the composite and synastry should support each other. I don't think it's possible for the synastry and composite to be so different in their messages!
If you have an example of this, please post the charts,
LIN

capricorn6

Premium Member
I'm sad now :( My Uranus is conjunct with 5 different planets. I've been with the same guy for over 3 years and am engaged. I am as loyal as loyal gets. :sad: