bad/negative

E

eternalautumn

Well, it's difficult to list everything without a chart, but here's a traditional viewpoint:

Bad.
-Jupiter retrograde in 5th.
-Sun and Mercury in 12th.
-Moon in 6th.
-Mars in Taurus in 11th.

Mediocre.
-Sun in Gemini.
-Moon in Sagittarius.
-Saturn in Pisces in 10th.

Good.
-Venus in 1st.

But, the aspects too are important, and I don't have the time right now to calculate them. It would help to post your chart.

Also, can I ask why you are focused on the negative?

Claire19

Yes please post a chart. I dont use the words good and bad but challenging and flowing. The more difficult aspects give us growth and progress it is well to remember. We get nowhere without our squares for instance.

Hi thestars,

I'm going to echo Claire19 and say that I don't really think I'd call things good or bad in a chart. That's very black and white. What are you supposed to do if something is totally bad? What good is it thinking of it in that way?

Yes, as Claire put it, flowing and challenging. Those are good words. I sometimes say it's the stuff we take for granted, and the stuff we can't ignore. That would mean I think the "good" stuff is the stuff we don't really have to think about, it's just there if we need it, something we rely on. The "bad" stuff then, is stuff that "won't go away" or always needs our attention, stuff we can rely on... to bug us.

In that light, nothing is good or bad just well, flowing and challenging. (Nice Claire!)

Thanks for posting the chart. Posting a chart makes it easier for everyone. Most of us here have astro.com accounts, and those get pretty quickly filled with friends and family members' charts.

I'm just curious why you think Mercury and the Sun in the 12th are bad? Some astrologers I think say that this house is a difficult one to have planets in, as this house prevents the Native (you in this case) from expressing those energies. They often times are energies that the Native has to experience or get in touch with through means that can lead to one's "undoing." That's why this house is associated with drugs, escapism, prison, but also spirituality. Since the house is about the dissolution of all of the other houses prior to it, that means all of the material and tangible parts of life like your body (first house), or your personal duties, menial tasks, and attitude towards work (6th house) are swallowed up here, what is left is the spirit, and everything greater. It's kind of where you dissolve back into the Universe, where the person you are somehow becomes mysteriously aligned with the stars.

So to have your Sun (your ego and preferred vehicle of self-expression, as the Sun is your "light") in the 12th house and Mercury (your mentality, mental processes, communication and thinking styles), how you think, speak, and express yourself, will be most active within all of what 12th house encompasses. Not only this, but how you most desire to come across to others, and how most others, once they get to know you, will see you, dwell in the 12th house.

People may see you as mystical, imaginative, spiritual, intuitive, escapist, ungrounded, deceptive, and the list goes on. You may be interested and talk about esoteric subjects (like astrology!) and you may have trouble expressing yourself clearly. You may be a poet, or very romantic. You may be able to remember your dreams-- you may even be prophetic in this regard. Though Mercury is in the 12th house meaning you may sometimes be a bit muddy in your communication, it's also in Gemini, so you're sure to want to communicate your thoughts and visions. People will want to be receptive to you because Mercury expresses itself very naturally in Gemini. People and the environment respond easily to whats natural. That's why Gemini rules Mercury. It seems only natural.

Ok, I hope that helps!

mod.

Claire19

I have had a look at your chart and I see that you would do well behind the scenes, with nursing, rehabilitation, psychiatric nursing or psychology. I feel that you may really prefer to work alone at times. I dont feel that you would be comfortable in the public eye and wanting to have a big position of authority or responsibility as such.

You are young yet and I guess wondering what to do with your life or have you a clear idea already? WIth your Venus in Cancer and nicely aspected you would do well with family liaison or childrens nursing or schooling. Photography may be an interest.

The 12th it has to be remembered deals with spirituality, rehabilitation, charitable works as well as our neuroses and addictions....It all depends on aspects elsewhere in the chart and citing an aspect on its own gives no real clue and is only a generality. I feel that meditation and relaxation exercises will help with any nervousness or restlessness. This is the chart of one who in the past would have gone into cloister, become a nun and have strong religious faith but wanting to be in retreat.

Last edited:

dr. farr

The stellar conjunctions in this chart are:
MC with Skat
Mars with Mira
Mercury with Betelgeuze
(for meanings/ramifications of these star conjunctions, see appropriate entries at constellationsofwords.com)

thestars

Claire19
HAHAHA :lol:
I live in sweden and this year i'm going to start at high school and i've chosen to study psychology. Sometimes i feel like an agoraphobiac/ paranoid. My friends call me ''the artsy one'' (I love to draw and I love poetry&music). And sometimes I get migraines because of my nervousness for no reason, so therefore I have started with yoga.
So i kind of fit the bill,do i not? :smile:
and thank you

Claire19

Claire19
HAHAHA :lol:
I live in sweden and this year i'm going to start at high school and i've chosen to study psychology. Sometimes i feel like an agoraphobiac/ paranoid. My friends call me ''the artsy one'' (I love to draw and I love poetry&music). And sometimes I get migraines because of my nervousness for no reason, so therefore I have started with yoga.
So i kind of fit the bill,do i not? :smile:
and thank you
Yes I understand you and when you venture outside, say a mantra to protect yourself with an invisible shield and say that you allow only positive vibes and you are safe.. That sort of thing. Just say it over and over until you believe it. It works...... also meditation will help you. Soft soothing music......
THe hustle and bustle of a public life and the spotlight I feel is not for you but you can still make your mark on this world. Good luck with the psychology. You are on the right track.