I think I just predicted my own death??!?!!?!

craft94

So, I was looking at my solar return chart for next year, I was really happy about it because it looks really good (Jupiter in the 1st house!). Then, I looked at my previous solar returns to check how accurate this technique actually is. I found that during my happiest years, the SR ascendant was either in Sagittarius (Sun in 10th house) or Libra (Sun in 1st house). It made a lot of sense. So, anyway, I got really obsessive with it and decided to look at my SR charts for the following years, to get a better idea of what the future may hold (I don't know what's going to happen when I graduate school next year!:eek:) and it looked pretty good (my ASC will be in Sagittarius again, in 2017) until I got to the year, 2020. I think I may have just predicted the year of my own death :eek:

I read somewhere that SR Ascendant in Natal 4th house could indicate year of death. I would normally shrug this off, except it isn't the only indication. My SR Ascendant in Virgo is also conjunct my natal Chiron, a year characterized by painful wounds, I'd imagine. They say Pluto is the planet of death, and the 8th is the house of death, and I'd normally shrug this off too - Pluto has been transiting my 8th house for quite some time now and I haven't been worried in the slightest (though a bit disappointed by the lack of powerful intense sex lol) - but again, it isn't the only indicator. In October of 2020, Pluto will be conjunct my natal Uranus (still in my natal 8th house) at 22 degrees Capricorn, with Saturn (bringer of death in traditional astrology?) close by at 25 degrees. Sudden death? Freak accident? Neptune ( at 20 degrees natal) probably brings some confusion and mystery surrounding the incident, idk). Obviously, since Uranus and Neptune are squaring my Sun/Mercury natally, SR Saturn and Pluto are also squaring my Sun. SR Lilith is opposing my Sun too, which I'd assume to be a bad thing? While retrograde Mars (planet of accidents?) in it's home sign isn't in direct opposition to my Sun, it is an opposition by sign and there's eventually going to be a transit, once it goes direct. My SR Vertex is conjunct my natal Saturn in retrograde... scary! I've also read that nodes were prominent in death charts: SR NN is conjunct my natal Asc! My SR MC is also conjunct my Asc by 2 degrees, which I think is supposed to be a good aspect but in this context, could it indicate a public death? I also see SR Uranus is conjunct my natal Moon/SN conjunction... by 4 degrees, but still. My Moon is situated in the 12th house and the thought of Uranus entering my 12th house is scary enough on it's own.

What are your thoughts on this chart?? I know it's a long time away but it's freaking me out a little bit.

There are some good things here. SR Jupiter at 20 degrees Cap is conjunct my natal Neptune in the 8th house, which might protect me against the threat of Saturn-Pluto-Uranus-Sun-Mercury (or perhaps it might just expand Neptune's influence, blinding me to all possible danger?). Venus is conjunct ASC is generally good (though conjunct natal Chiron I'm not so sure about) and that combined with Moons conjunction to my natal DSC may bring love into my life. SR Juno (and Mercury) conjuncts my natal Vertex (Eros, NN, Juno, Venus, and Jupiter, ruler of my 7th house, by extension) which could also do the trick.

But couldn't Mercury retrograde also cause problems?

Scared. :unsure:

Attachments

• solarreturn2020.jpg
    solarreturn2020.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 207

craft94

Is that your natal chart?
According to the chart, you would be around 10 years old.

No? What makes you say that? I was born in '94 so I'd be 26.

It's a natal-solar return comparison.

I'm confuseddd

I don't think Uranus and Neptune were still in Capricorn during the year 2010

Last edited:

ashriia

No? What makes you say that? I was born in '94 so I'd be 26.

I couldn't see the aspectarian well since its blurred due to all the additional objects added to the chart. But it's my fault I thought pluto was at 26deg Sag which would have been 2006. But now see it's 26 scorpio, after magnifying the aspectarian.

Apologies. :smile:

craft94

I couldn't see the aspectarian well since its blurred due to all the additional objects added to the chart. But it's my fault I thought pluto was at 26deg Sag which would have been 2006. But now see it's 26 scorpio, after magnifying the aspectarian.

Apologies. :smile:
It's alright. No reason to apologize! :) I wasn't annoyed at all, just confused. I'm sorry the aspects are blurry

craft94

I know most astrologers consider it unethical to predict death these days, and I can understand why, and I don't necessarily disagree, but if this chart doesn't scream "death" to you, what does it say? Like, what else can all those negative aspects represent? Often people hear that something in a chart relates to death and they'll freak out even though it's only one aspect, but there are multiple death indicators here, and that's worrying.

What does the chart say could happen, in your opinion/

david starling

I know most astrologers consider it unethical to predict death these days, and I can understand why, and I don't necessarily disagree, but if this chart doesn't scream "death" to you, what does it say? Like, what else can all those negative aspects represent? Often people hear that something in a chart relates to death and they'll freak out even though it's only one aspect, but there are multiple death indicators here, and that's worrying.

Just check the expiration date located on the bottom of your left foot! :lol:

conspiracy theorist

Hi

I created a similar thread awhile back where I was interested in figuring out how much "life" my chart has. Before I went about finding the dangerous years, I first set out to find my hyleg and alcocoden. (http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46808). After doing that I investigated particularly "dangerous" years; If you want my personal opinion on just what it takes to predict death you can read this thread: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93710.

As to what that specific SR might mean you could post it as a separate chart and I'll see what I can find.

ashriia

Hi again.

Don't freak yourself out based on the Solar Return Chart, I know its difficult. I've been studying lots of death related charts in the past few years its become a primary focus.

You're Solar Return Ascendant would most likely not be conjunct chiron if this was your death. It could very likely be relocating, leaving home, or something happening within the home, doesn't have to be painful either, sometimes it's healing that is done. Also Solar Return ascendant is not near the IC in your chart. If you really want to pursue this study. Look at your progressed chart alone, and prog/with natal. Focus should be on the Ruler of your Sun. Progressed ascendant opposing or squaring planets both in the progressed chart and against the natal. Natal nodal degree would be prominent in the progressed chart also. Degrees in the progressed chart would show a theme of some kind, such as several planets or angles all at the same degree, which is when you know something's up or change is on the way.

JUPITERASC

Accuracy of any SOLARY RETURN is dependent on an accurate time of birth :smile:

IF the time of birth is accurate
THEN
keep in mind that
as advised on our EDUCATION BOARD
in an article by Starlin
k http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17763

STEPS ON HOW TO INTERPRET A SOLAR RETURN CHART,
by Starlink

A Solar Return chart should always be looked at in connection with your natal chart
because we want to see what our natal planets are doing this year
and looking at their positions in the SR chart is one way doing that.

Note:
You can also view the Solar Return as a chart on its own
but it wont tell you as much as when you compare with the natal chart.

It is not easy to interpret a Solar Return chart
because very often what we see in there, reflects the hopes and wishes of the individual
and not necessarily what will happen to him/her.
That is also why we have to look at the birth potential.
If the Solar Return shows a fantastic career move
but in the natal chart it is clearly seen that any career attempt is going to be non existent
when the woman is a mother rather than a career type
or when there is no fire present, nor any ambition to be seen
Cardinal mode
then we have to be careful. It could be a wish, not a reality.

david starling

Hi

I created a similar thread awhile back where I was interested in figuring out how much "life" my chart has. Before I went about finding the dangerous years, I first set out to find my hyleg and alcocoden. (http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46808). After doing that I investigated particularly "dangerous" years; If you want my personal opinion on just what it takes to predict death you can read this thread: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93710.

As to what that specific SR might mean you could post it as a separate chart and I'll see what I can find.

There should be a way to test the theories (which I obviously don't currently trust) against actual Charts of people now deceased. It either works or not. Does this involve ANY cause of death?

david starling

Check the 1st link in the post

One hit does not a pattern make. If you have a method you think works, check it against AT LEAST 10 cases AT RANDOM for reliability. I noticed an interesting idea--not a prediction of death, but a prediction of when "protection" is lost, suggesting one loses one's "safety-net" at some age, after which extreme caution would be advised. For those of us who rely on "luck" that might be worth knowing! When do your Guardian Angels leave you on your own?!:sad:

Last edited:

waybread

No, the chart doesn't scream death at me. You might think about death more than usual at this time. If you have a spouse or partner, the 8th might involve proceeds from the marriage, such as a shared income. The 8th indicates investments, vs. your own private resources which is a second house matter. In medical astrology the 8th rules the eliminative and sexual functions of the body. You might develop a particular interest in the "occult". Or detective novels, or anything dealing with deep, dark mysteries.

Please learn more astrology before you start jumping to unwarranted conclusions. A solar return is basically a still-frame transit chart. It may indicate the year ahead, but it will also miss major transits that occur later in your age year.

BTW, an astrologer named Richard Houck wrote a book called The Astrology of Death. He was significantly wrong in both the timing and manner of his own death.

If you are really interested in your life expectancy, try this site:

http://deathclock.com/

It has to do with your birth date, whether you smoke and your body mass index, which are sensible predictors of longevity.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

One hit does not a pattern make. If you have a method you think works, check it against AT LEAST 10 cases AT RANDOM for reliability. I noticed an interesting idea--not a prediction of death, but a prediction of when "protection" is lost, suggesting one loses one's "safety-net" at some age, after which extreme caution would be advised. For those of us who rely on "luck" that might worth knowing! When do your Guardian Angels leave you on your own?!:sad:

Of course not. If you find the technique misguided, useless etc you are free to not bother yourself about it. There is a wealth of information on that thread pertaining to the technique so if you are interested in getting to know the background information around it you can do so.

Last edited:

waybread

One hit does not a pattern make. If you have a method you think works, check it against AT LEAST 10 cases AT RANDOM for reliability. I noticed an interesting idea--not a prediction of death, but a prediction of when "protection" is lost, suggesting one loses one's "safety-net" at some age, after which extreme caution would be advised. For those of us who rely on "luck" that might worth knowing! When do your Guardian Angels leave you on your own?!:sad:

My guardian angel was last spotted in Vegas, poolside, drinking a Manhattan.

JUPITERASC

One hit does not a pattern make.
If you have a method you think works, check it against AT LEAST 10 cases AT RANDOM for reliability.
Quite so, however for statistical credibility
a minimum sampling of AT LEAST 250 cases
is considered just the beginning
:smile:
but since when was astrology a Science.... Siriusly
I noticed an interesting idea--not a prediction of death,
but a prediction of when "protection" is lost,
suggesting one loses one's "safety-net" at some age,
after which extreme caution would be advised.
For those of us who rely on "luck" that might worth knowing!
When do your Guardian Angels leave you on your own?!
:sad: