Will we get married

natasa

The question is: will we get married. I am Moon, he is Saturn, he has Mars as his co-ruler which represents him since he is few months younger. Moon will sextile Mars and then trine Saturn which is him. I dont know if Saturn can be under Suns beams since it is 11 degrees far away from it... Hope the link for the image is right. Thank you in advance

dm-714173778540.png

IleneK

Premium Member
Hi,

You are Moon.
He is Saturn. As I understand traditional horary, he is not co-ruled by Mars.
We may look at Venus and Sun, though, as the tertiary significators for you and him respectively, which points to the phase of the relationship between you, and I will do that a bit later.

I do not see you marrying. I think someone or something will get in the way. That is because Moon's application to Saturn is obstructed by exalted, angular Mars, positioned in your 7th house. As Mars does not co-signify him as I understand traditional horary, this placement makes me wonder if perhaps your head been turned by another or perhaps you are somehow interested in someone else?

Additionally, the reception between you/Moon and him/Saturn is not very encouraging, as he/Mars is in the sign of your/Moon's detriment. This means that you do not really receive him well. And this also is true for this "other" person, signified by Mars on the cusp of your 7th. You do not receive this person well either, Mars being in the sign of Moon's fall.

When we look at the phase of the relationship, using Venus and Sun as tertiary significators, we see Venus separating from Sun, suggesting that the relationship is waning.

Something in or underlying your question seems quite amiss here. I do not see a wedding.

natasa

Thank you for your reply. Yes, there is someone else, also younger then me, he could be that Mars in my 7th (Mars usually represents a younger man) and yes, I do not receive him well and yes, he might get in to the way...
About the Saturn, it is very recent, more recent then with the ``Mars``... :)
Best regards, thank you again

IleneK

Premium Member
Thank you for your feedback. If "Saturn" is very recent, may I take to be true that the two of you have not been seriously considering marriage?

natasa

Actually, we had programmed wedding (date, wedding dress, guest and everything) with the ``other one`` (the younger one - the Mars in the 7th) but some health issues and other subjects got in to the way and we are somehow separated at the moment...

Dirius

If mars is indeed representing this other guy...

Then, the moon is about to enter Aries, the sign of mars so....you'll be falling for him again. Yet mars in the detriment of the moon, would mean he hates you?

Just a few questions, for learning purposes:

a) How do you feel about mars?
b) How do you (think) mars feels about you?
c) How do you think saturn feels about you?

I think its an interesting post to evaluate receptions.

The question is: will we get married. I am Moon, he is Saturn, he has Mars as his co-ruler which represents him since he is few months younger. Moon will sextile Mars and then trine Saturn which is him. I dont know if Saturn can be under Suns beams since it is 11 degrees far away from it... Hope the link for the image is right. Thank you in advance

dm-714173778540.png

Hello Ms. Natasa:

I hope that you are doing well.

Thank you for your question. It is interested to note that, while Venus is the natural ruler of marriage, MARS is the most powerful planet in this horary chart.

It is "angular" and is anchored to the 7th house cusp (ruler HIM, the other person).

That, in itself, is always a red flag. Mars is never the planet of marriage, but it IS the planet of someone with a hardball agenda, an agitator, or sh*t disturber (or sometimes, all three ?).

As you correctly point out, Cancer rules you, and Moon (ruler) is in Pisces, in the 9th house of matrimony.

Saturn, ruler of Capricorn 7th house, is found in Scorpio, in the 5th house of romance, in MUTUAL reception to Mars in Capricorn.

As Moon is making a trine to both Saturn, and the radix ascendant, (forming a grand trine) you COULD marry him, according to this chart.

However, Mars (ruler of the 5th house of HIS romances, his children) is so dominant here that he might have another partner in mind, or perhaps a child from another marriage or both ?

Therefore, the question beckons, should you marry this man.

The Moon's final aspect is an applying sextile to Mars. The Moon in aspect to Mars is really never about love, but is about something else.

Therefore, "the trophy wife or husband," a "marriage of convenience" or "marriage to impress the neighbors."

Meanwhile, the Moon's last ptolemaic aspect was a square to Venus in Sagittarius.

While Moon in Pisces always believes in love and romance, a man or woman with Venus in Sagittarius takes more convincing, and is almost always MORE happy by themselves, since Sagittarius is the "bachelor" sign of the zodiac.

However, with those dudes, a favorite dog or cat is never too far away ! LOL

Meanwhile, with Moon in Pisces in past square with Venus in the 5th house of romance, you guys may have had a recent quarrel, dispute slash disagreement about your different philosophies re: love. Moon in Pisces always wants love and romance, while Venus in Sagittarius could not care less and always wants to be "free as a bird !

Isn't it true !

Furthermore, with radix Venus is square aspect to the Moon's nodes, (NOT a good aspect for lasting marriage) you guys may want to think over the marriage card, REAL SERIOUSLY, before you head down to the altar !

good luck to you,

-HM

tikana

umm what marriage???

you got mars interfering with moon/saturn trine

Nope aint getting married

and why would you want a malefic on 7th house cusp anyway!?

Last edited:

natasa

if mars is indeed representing this other guy...

Then, the moon is about to enter aries, the sign of mars so....you'll be falling for him again. Yet mars in the detriment of the moon, would mean he hates you?

Just a few questions, for learning purposes:

A) how do you feel about mars? Still in love with him
b) how do you (think) mars feels about you? He still loves me, he is angry i little bit, i didnt go to see him in another country he is at the moment because i am facing some other serious issues as well.
C) how do you think saturn feels about you? Passionate

i think its an interesting post to evaluate receptions.
i just saw your reply, sorry for the delay, i answered inside of the quote... Sorry for not posting more detailes, i am just a pore sagittarius - it explains the emotional mess. Must reconsider my emotional ``traveling``... From mars to saturn and back... I`ll need a space ship soon...
Best regards

HM, I am curious. Do you have source references for the 9th being the "house of matrimony?"

Thank you in advance,
tsmall

Hello tsmall:

The 9th house has, for centuries, traditionally been designated by astrologers as the house of matrimony, in the sense that the act of marriage is a "legal" act, i.e. traditionally performed by an ordained minister of a recognized religion (9th house), but also, by a judge, justice of the peace, commissioner of oaths, mayor, or captain of a sea vessel, where none of the above is available.

Numerous horary astrologers have referenced the 9th house as matrimony over the years, including: Barbara H. Watters, Llewellyn George, and Ivy Goldstein-Jacobson among them.

-HM

Last edited:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
The 9th house has, for centuries, traditionally been designated by astrologers as the house of matrimony, in the sense that the act of marriage is a "legal" act, i.e. traditionally performed by an ordained minister of a recognized religion (9th house), but also, by a judge, justice of the peace, commissioner of oaths, mayor, or captain of a sea vessel, where none of the above is available.

This is demonstrably false.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
It's not about agreeing or disagreeing. You're definitely free to use whatever house for whatever you want to use it for, but you made a false/misleading statement.

There is a long astrological tradition between the 9th house and matrimony.
Like I said, this is demonstrably false. What makes it interesting is that the sources you include are all authors who have written within the 1900s. I guess that technically counts as "for centuries" or a "long tradition" since we are now in the 2000s, but it's certainly disingenuous.

While I'm currently away from home and unable to properly demonstrate the placement of marriage within the twelve houses of heaven throughout history, what I can do is offer a little something from the Hellenists.

Marcus Manilius (1st century CE) assigned marriage to the Tenth house because, to him, it was the joy of Venus. The Ninth house is merely referred to as the house of God, but no real significations are identified. To make matters more complicated, Manilius does not suggest that the Seventh house is significant of marriage (seventh is death in his system), but the Descendant itself is.

Vettius Valens (2nd century CE) includes such topics as "The descendant, marriage, success, an affair with a woman, friendship, travel" as being significations of the seventh house. The ninth house he lists such things as "Friendship, travel, benefits from foreigners, God, King, magnates, astrology, oracles, apperances of the gods, mystic and occult matters, associations".

Paul of Alexandria (4th century CE) says about the Seventh:
The seventh sign from the ASC signifies marriage arrangements and extended residences abroad and the maker of death; it is called Anti-Ascendant. It is also the setting [sign, and] it shows the period of old age.
I am particularly fond of the title "anti-ascendant".

About the Ninth he says
The ninth...signifies the matter of gods and dreams and living abroad; it is also the astronomical and the pre-MC [house] if one goes fromt he DSC to the east. It is called the House of the Sun, for in this sign only the Sun rejoices. And it is called the Good Cadent. When the Sun or Saturn or Jupiter or Mercury have been operative in this house, they bestow favors or gifts or kindneses from gods or kings; and [these stars] make philosophers and initiates and good businessmen; and sometimes they bestow an office in sacred affairs, or they denote those in charge of sacred affairs; and they do certainly give royal gifts, but they indicate those who live abroad
I would be happy to continue when I get home and chronicle the placement of marriage throughout the Arabic and Latin periods before wrapping up in the time of Lilly and Gadburry. It would be very repetitive and I really think this little sampling from the Hellenists demonstrates the idea just fine.