How do I calculate Progressions?

Liladhar

Interesting opinion and a way of putting progressions.
I look at my progressed chart every now and then, and I do see that it does seem to be how I am er...progressing, becoming, or trying to become. I am not exactly sure which of those is the best way to put it.

I want to ask a question please help, if i have a natal chart of 18 November 1998, and i want to see 2020 year future so first i will find natal of 10 December 1998 which is 22 days difference. But i am confused from where i would count this as 1 january 2020 or 10 December 2020 in future?

Osamenor

Staff member
Re: Natal Vs. Progressed Chart

I want to ask a question please help, if i have a natal chart of 18 November 1998, and i want to see 2020 year future so first i will find natal of 10 December 1998 which is 22 days difference. But i am confused from where i would count this as 1 january 2020 or 10 December 2020 in future?

You cast a progressed chart for progressions, not a natal chart. All chart casting software programs have progressed chart options.

In astro.com, which is our most recommended site, go to Extended Chart Selection, enter today's date, and select "Progressed chart," or "Natal + progressions" from the drop down menu. If you want to see your progressed chart for a different date, change the date. It will give you your progressions for that specific date, not just the whole year.

Liladhar

Re: Natal Vs. Progressed Chart

Actually i want to calculate Moon Progression on daily basis and want to start from January 1, 2020 to entire year and i have birth chart of 18 November 1998 and progress date 10 December 1998
Which is for 2020 year.

Osamenor

Staff member
The progressed Moon doesn't move significantly day to day. It spends 2 years plus some months in each sign. That's about one degree a month, give or take.

Some more advanced astrology programs can give you daily progressions. Solar Fire, for instance, or its Mac version, Astro Gold. But if you're just using the free chart calculating programs like astro.com, you can only cast progressed charts one day at a time.

waybread

I agree with Osamenor.

You can calculate secondary progressions using an ephemeris, whether on-line or in-print. The sun moves one degree per day. Then other planets are pegged accordingly. Just calculate a year for a day, starting from your birth date, and see where planets are on the year/day in question.

For example, if someone is 25 years old and born on March 1, their progressed chart would be March 25.

The moon moves so quickly that you'd want to figure out where it was at, say, midnight or noon, depending upon your ephemeris. Then it moves one degree every 2 hours.