Fallere

Do I have Cazimi in Mercury? I was born 1996 may 14th 15:45

Attachments

• astro_245gw_01_milley_2014730.42976.43364.gif
    astro_245gw_01_milley_2014730.42976.43364.gif
    53.1 KB · Views: 28

JUPITERASC

Do I have Cazimi in Mercury? I was born 1996 may 14th 15:45
answer is on a FREE ONLINE STUDY RESOURCE http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/combust.html

'....Combust

- A planet is combust when it is in conjunction with the Sun
and therefore hidden from sight by the light of the Sun. Traditionally this is a serious debility
and implies that the planet is weakened or restricted in power.

However,
if the planet is within 17 minutes of the Sun,
it is termed Cazimi :smile:
- in the heart of the Sun -
and considered strengthened by the union....'

Because your natal Mercury IS NOT within 17 minutes of the Sun
then
your natal Mercury is not Cazimi

Last edited:

Bunraku

Very close. Maybe if you were born a little bit earlier, you wouldve had a cazimi Mercury. But it doesn't matter. We work with what we've got. Everyone loves Tauruses (well I do anyways)! :sideways:

It also depends if you believe of the theory of 'combustion' :tongue:

Harold

.... But Coley said that a planet is only Cazimi if it is within 17 minutes of the centre of the centre of the Sun in both celestial longitude and latitude.

The idea here is that the planet is not visible when it is 'combust', due to the light of the Sun, so the Sun takes away the planet's power. But when a planet transits the sun, it becomes visible once again. In fact, the planet is now so powerful, that it can be seen despite the brilliance of the sun. That is Cazimi. In these circumstances, the shadow of the planet would be seen as it transited across the face of the Sun - but only the Moon, Venus and Mercury can do this. The outer planets (according to this logic) would never be 'Cazimi'.

venuschild

Banned
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm getting 38 minutes and 24 seconds difference between Sun and Mercury in your chart.

See this chart that is Cazimi, yet I question the actual horary since the Old masters only took a horary as an artist that they understood from the querant.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=566443#post566443

Pardon me for borrowing a post from the horary forum but the OP may note what is and is Not cazimi from the horoscope on the post!

References to Cazimi:

http://tonylouis.wordpress.com/2012/10/14/a-horary-glossary/

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/dictionary/cazimi.php

A few years ago I ran into a problem with an institution due to my astrology practice while transiting Saturn was cjt my natal Pluto.

Prior to that time I had posted a article throughout the community while a certain planet was cazimi: I actually didn't think it had the effects I was wanting.

But after the transiting Saturn going over my Natal Pluto, law authorities and others in high places were seeking me out for advice; I think the seeds of cazimi had germinated and they gave astrology some respect regardless of the institutions bias whom some were employed by.

Fallere

I found my birth certificate and it says I was born around 15:38 , does that change anything ? I really hope I don't have combustion, that's , in my opinion, a horrible thing to have, especially in mercury .

Bunraku

I found my birth certificate and it says I was born around 15:38 , does that change anything ? I really hope I don't have combustion, that's , in my opinion, a horrible thing to have, especially in mercury .
Then make a new chart with your correct time :happy:

Mercury is always close to the sun, don't worry. Worry about other things :sideways:

It also depends if you prescribe to this concept of combustion. :wink:

IleneK

Premium Member

The birth certificate time does not change the signs on your Moon or your Ascendant. Mercury does not move enough to change its being combust the Sun.

But goodness, combustion of a planet is not the end of the world! All charts have their challenges and you benefit from and grow by rising to these challenges instead of lamenting them.

Important to keep your eye on the apple, as they say.

Very best to you.