Out of Bounds Venus

nbennett

I would like input by others on the meaning of OOB Venus.

I would guess unusual relationships, unconventional friendships and perhaps a break with friendships that leave others questioning the reason.

What have other's experience in their charts or with clients? Not theory but experience.

conspiracy theorist

What you stated for OOB Venus sounds a lot like Venus/Uranus.

I happen to have it, but to keep thing from getting too autobiographical/intimate, I'll limit the scope of what I will share about myself. It's in Capricorn so maybe my post will provide an interesting contrast between out-of-bounds rule breaking with Capricorn conservatism

I definitely have tastes that fall outside convention (especially for my country), both taboos (sexual fetishes) and aesthetic appreciations. I have a thing for austere and "skeletal" styles that most people find either too monotonous or jarring. Capricorn is Saturnine which brings to mind the demonic and I do have an attraction to hellish, dark art and material. Reality, actual tragedy, real life violence -- I appreciate these things in the Venusian sense.

Apparently this inhospitable orientation is apparent in my writing; one person who knows me quite well described it as "violent" and "murderous". A jagged badland as opposed to a desert (her words). I'd also like to think that Mars has something to do with this as it also OOB and parallel/conjunct my Venus. I also seek out unknown or emerging genres which would speak again to OOB significance to things away from the mainstream. Of course, I've been referred to as a hipster for the longest while.

My tastes in women are broad, but the women I tend to forge actual relationships with are mostly conventional and only slightly askance from the norm. All independent minded too. The Capricorn is stronger here than the OOB but that is subject to change.

Hmm, that was longer than I thought it would be.

!4C

I would guess unusual relationships, unconventional friendships and perhaps a break with friendships that leave others questioning the reason.
That sounds a lot like venus retro. I wonder how they differ? I've seen oob planets described as "extreme" and "taking things too far." Of course, that is in the context of what is normally expected.

thelivingsky

I have been trying to study OOB planets but they are quite rare and it makes the research slow going. Here are the only 4 famous persons who I have found so far with OOB Venus;
Erin Brokovich
Mark Twain
Diego Rivera
Joe Paterno

I don't see a definitive pattern yet in these individuals.
By contrast I have twice as many with OOB Mars and OOB Mercury. With these I am starting to see some common characteristics.

Another related interesting question is: If an OOB planet is significant, wouldn't a planet at 0 declination also be significant (except for the Sun which is the marker for the ecliptic and comes to 0 every year twice a year at the equinoxes?) I am finding that planets at 0 declination are even more rare than OOBs.

!4C

I have been trying to study OOB planets but they are quite rare and it makes the research slow going. Here are the only 4 famous persons who I have found so far with OOB Venus;
Celebrities are difficult to analyze because we don't know how it plays out in their personal lives. There are some famous/infamous examples here: http://www.astronumerologywisdom.com/out-of-bounds-planets.html

I noticed some have been married many times. Larry King is on his 8th wife. I'm not sure how this compares to celebrity norm. I looked up Elizabeth Taylor. She married many times. She doesn't have oob venus, but she does have aries venus conjunct uranus within 7 minutes.

!4C

I only know of one person with oob venus. It is in capricorn, square moon-pluto in libra. The only thing unusual about him is his thieving tendency. Many people claim that things go missing after he has been around. He got fired from lucrative job for selling expensive test equipment on ebay that was stolen from his employer. He even got caught selling his wife's and kids' stuff without them knowing it. It is strange behavior given that he is college educated professional and his family is doing well financially. I sometimes wonder if he does it for the thrill of risk taking. He does have sagittarius sun.

So, it's possible that an oob venus gets expressed through stealing, depending on how it interacts with the rest of the chart. Their probably isn't an astro database for common criminals, so I don't how this could be further investigated.

sadge

What you stated for OOB Venus sounds a lot like Venus/Uranus.

I happen to have it, but to keep thing from getting too autobiographical/intimate, I'll limit the scope of what I will share about myself. It's in Capricorn so maybe my post will provide an interesting contrast between out-of-bounds rule breaking with Capricorn conservatism

I definitely have tastes that fall outside convention (especially for my country), both taboos (sexual fetishes) and aesthetic appreciations. I have a thing for austere and "skeletal" styles that most people find either too monotonous or jarring. Capricorn is Saturnine which brings to mind the demonic and I do have an attraction to hellish, dark art and material. Reality, actual tragedy, real life violence -- I appreciate these things in the Venusian sense.

Apparently this inhospitable orientation is apparent in my writing; one person who knows me quite well described it as "violent" and "murderous". A jagged badland as opposed to a desert (her words). I'd also like to think that Mars has something to do with this as it also OOB and parallel/conjunct my Venus. I also seek out unknown or emerging genres which would speak again to OOB significance to things away from the mainstream. Of course, I've been referred to as a hipster for the longest while.

My tastes in women are broad, but the women I tend to forge actual relationships with are mostly conventional and only slightly askance from the norm. All independent minded too. The Capricorn is stronger here than the OOB but that is subject to change.

Hmm, that was longer than I thought it would be.

Hmmm.....I don't doubt anything you state, and I can see how others might describe you that way, but that's still not how I would describe you. It seems like the most superficial things about you, which makes sense since we're talking Venus.

Granted, I don't know you that well. But it's like anything Venusian at all about you doesn't faze me, even though it isn't anything like me.

This is interesting.

sadge

That sounds a lot like venus retro. I wonder how they differ? I've seen oob planets described as "extreme" and "taking things too far." Of course, that is in the context of what is normally expected.

Really? What are the parallels you see with Venus Rx?

conspiracy theorist

Hmmm.....I don't doubt anything you state, and I can see how others might describe you that way, but that's still not how I would describe you. It seems like the most superficial things about you, which makes sense since we're talking Venus.

Granted, I don't know you that well. But it's like anything Venusian at all about you doesn't faze me, even though it isn't anything like me.

This is interesting.

"Anything Venusian at all about you doesn't faze me, even though it isn't anything like me."

I find this phrase interesting because I don't know what to make of it.

Venus is at the ascendant but farther from it than both Mars and Jupiter which hugs it. So, it's not like Venus is a primary part of my character but it's relevant enough to me.

sadge

"Anything Venusian at all about you doesn't faze me, even though it isn't anything like me."

I find this phrase interesting because I don't know what to make of it.

Venus is at the ascendant but farther from it than both Mars and Jupiter which hugs it. So, it's not like Venus is a primary part of my character but it's relevant enough to me.

By "Venusian" I mean the Venusian things you described in your post and all the other subtle ways we express our Venusian tastes. Like your username/screen pic, your choice of interests, just the superficial stuff about you. It's like the clothes we wear, the music we listen to, the concepts that appeal to us. People are more than that, there's a living, unique soul underneath that "outfit." I guess what I'm saying is that I don't really care what your choices or preferences are because I see right through it. I'm not bothered if your "packaging" or choice of words come across as jagged or violent, as you described. I can see how someone might categorize you that way, but that's not the point or what matters. Instead, I recognize the truth, and that alone is a breath of fresh air, no matter how you want to dress it up or express it.

I'm still figuring this out too, so bear with me. But it's interesting how human energy -- on a spiritual level -- can still be picked up through technology mediums.

Did that make more sense?

dr. farr

My experience has been that any oob planet will represent a big deal (regarding the qualities associated with that planet) in the native's life.

Eg, Trump's only oob planet is Mercury-and the media, Trump's use of social media for tweets, his repeated denouncements of (so-called) "fake news", his prior involvement as a TV celebrity, etc, show that Mercurial matters have been, and are, a "big deal" in Trump's life.

conspiracy theorist

By "Venusian" I mean the Venusian things you described in your post and all the other subtle ways we express our Venusian tastes. Like your username/screen pic, your choice of interests, just the superficial stuff about you. It's like the clothes we wear, the music we listen to, the concepts that appeal to us. People are more than that, there's a living, unique soul underneath that "outfit." I guess what I'm saying is that I don't really care what your choices or preferences are because I see right through it. I'm not bothered if your "packaging" or choice of words come across as jagged or violent, as you described. I can see how someone might categorize you that way, but that's not the point or what matters. Instead, I recognize the truth, and that alone is a breath of fresh air, no matter how you want to dress it up or express it.

I'm still figuring this out too, so bear with me. But it's interesting how human energy -- on a spiritual level -- can still be picked up through technology mediums.

Did that make more sense?

Oh, it makes a lot more sense now. You're different, sadge.

sadge

I think it's my moon directly conjunct your NN. That's one thing, anyway.

I'm noticing an interesting pattern with some people here, that's all.

thelivingsky

My experience has been that any oob planet will represent a big deal (regarding the qualities associated with that planet) in the native's life.

Eg, Trump's only oob planet is Mercury-and the media, Trump's use of social media for tweets, his repeated denouncements of (so-called) "fake news", his prior involvement as a TV celebrity, etc, show that Mercurial matters have been, and are, a "big deal" in Trump's life.

Yes, I agree. OOB mercury does seem to show up in charts of people who have a gift with communication, or connecting via words or have a message that resonates or is timely.

Others with OObBMercury that fit this description:

Pope Francis
Bernie Sanders
Jack Kevorkian
Emily Dickinson
Julian Assange

sadge

OK, conspiracy, farr, 14c, et all..... I'm am laughing at some of my posts. I have be so ridiculously sick with a fever that I didn't make much sense. Lol.

Anyhoooo.....

I don't know what to think here. You say OOB is "exceptional," but is it really? Others say it can simply be freakish, highly independent, just way OUT OF BOUNDS from the mainstream, you know? The OOB factor alone can't be responsible for "exceptional," status, or can it?

(Thinking out loud here.)

I have OOB planets. I can see my independent nature, my "I don't give a eff" attitude, and the inner faith that I'm just ahead of the trend and could care less about detractors. Whether this means I'm delusional or exceptional, who knows. But isn't it possible that it just means someone is delusional? (But not me, of course, lol. :cool:)

sadge

I only know of one person with oob venus. It is in capricorn, square moon-pluto in libra. The only thing unusual about him is his thieving tendency. Many people claim that things go missing after he has been around. He got fired from lucrative job for selling expensive test equipment on ebay that was stolen from his employer. He even got caught selling his wife's and kids' stuff without them knowing it. It is strange behavior given that he is college educated professional and his family is doing well financially. I sometimes wonder if he does it for the thrill of risk taking. He does have sagittarius sun.

So, it's possible that an oob venus gets expressed through stealing, depending on how it interacts with the rest of the chart. Their probably isn't an astro database for common criminals, so I don't how this could be further investigated.

This makes me think there's got to something other than OOB Venus energy going on, don't you think? I wish we could actually conduct a study on this and control for other variables. It's hard to separate many of these OOB suggestions from other possible influences.

dr. farr

OOB planets are exceptional in that their significations are very marked in the development of the life (or of the situation in an event chart), or that the aspects involving the OOB planet are marked in their influence, or that the progression in time (or transit) of the OOB planet is marked...