Venus quincunx Moon in a man's chart

wan

Inspired by another thread, I have a question regarding the quincunx aspect between the Venus and the Moon in a man's chart.

We all know that these planets are very important for figuring out a man's preferences in choosing a mate/romantic partner. Venus conjunct moon means he will be super-attracted to one type of women while the other two hard aspects could mean having trouble finding satisfying relationships. However, what if the aspect is a quincunx? This isn't a hard aspect technically, however it is also disharmonious, I believe. So how would it manifest itself in a man's love life?

Any personal experience that you can share? It will add valuable insight, I am sure.

AstroPunter86

A quincunx between the Moon and Venus simply means that the Moon and Venus happen to be 5 signs apart. In every case it means these two planets are in signs of the same element (earth, air, water, or fire) and thus the aspect is ruled by that particular element.

So he may be drawn to or be born with women who exude a particular element... "Firey" or "Earthy" women, for example.

Last edited:

wan

Hi thanks for your reply, however I don't think they would be in the same element. For example, a man might have Venus in Aries, and in order for that Venus to form a quincunx, the moon would have to be in either Scorpio or Virgo. And they are of different element from Aries.

AstroPunter86

Hi thanks for your reply, however I don't think they would be in the same element. For example, a man might have Venus in Aries, and in order for that Venus to form a quincunx, the moon would have to be in either Scorpio or Virgo. And they are of different element from Aries.

Yes! sorry, you're right.

waybread

It's hard to separate out just one aspect, because we don't know what else Venus and moon might be up to.

As a gross generalization, I would say there is some ambivalence about women. If these planets are stressed by other planets in the chart, it might mean "Can't live with them, can't live without them."

katydid

Inspired by another thread, I have a question regarding the quincunx aspect between the Venus and the Moon in a man's chart.

We all know that these planets are very important for figuring out a man's preferences in choosing a mate/romantic partner. Venus conjunct moon means he will be super-attracted to one type of women while the other two hard aspects could mean having trouble finding satisfying relationships. However, what if the aspect is a quincunx? This isn't a hard aspect technically, however it is also disharmonious, I believe. So how would it manifest itself in a man's love life?

Any personal experience that you can share? It will add valuable insight, I am sure.

I remember that aspect, Moon/Venus inconjunct, from Michael Jackson's chart, and it always stuck with me as a good example.

He had Venus/Uranus conjunct in Leo, inconjunct Moon in Pisces. It shows an inner struggle between 'attracting' flashy, showy strong women and the disconnect from his sensitive, reserved emotional needs. It seemed to play out in his life, with his very public 'relationships/marriages' which seemed to be for show, and didn't seem emotionally fulfilling for him in the end.

Anthony Bourdain's chart also comes to mind. I remember looking up his chart, after his tragic suicide.
Anthony Bourdain
June 25, 1956 at 8:35 AM
New York City, New York, United States

And he has a very complex chart because he has so many aspects. It's quite colorful the way it is so lit up. But I remembered seeing that he had several tight quincunxes in his chart.

One was from Venus in Gemini in the 11th to his Moon in Cap in his 6th. His 11th has the Sun in Cancer, perfect for his life as a renowned chef, and Venus and Mercury in Gemini. So we can see how he also became a respected author, journalist and ultimately, a TV star, who traveled the world exploring other cultures and their foods and traditions.

But there was that pesky quincunx from Moon in Cap, which squared his Neptune.
And so he had a nagging sense that he was not happy, not finding fulfilment, still searching and striving. At some point, it imploded. :sad:

wan

First, thanks to all for replying.

It's hard to separate out just one aspect, because we don't know what else Venus and moon might be up to.

Let's say his Venus and moon aren't really doing much. They dont form any significant aspects to other planets except the quincunx, and their respective rulers aren't aspecting each other, either.

I remember that aspect, Moon/Venus inconjunct, from Michael Jackson's chart, and it always stuck with me as a good example.

He had Venus/Uranus conjunct in Leo, inconjunct Moon in Pisces. It shows an inner struggle between 'attracting' flashy, showy strong women and the disconnect from his sensitive, reserved emotional needs. It seemed to play out in his life, with his very public 'relationships/marriages' which seemed to be for show, and didn't seem emotionally fulfilling for him in the end.

Anthony Bourdain's chart also comes to mind. I remember looking up his chart, after his tragic suicide.
Anthony Bourdain
June 25, 1956 at 8:35 AM
New York City, New York, United States

And he has a very complex chart because he has so many aspects. It's quite colorful the way it is so lit up. But I remembered seeing that he had several tight quincunxes in his chart.

One was from Venus in Gemini in the 11th to his Moon in Cap in his 6th. His 11th has the Sun in Cancer, perfect for his life as a renowned chef, and Venus and Mercury in Gemini. So we can see how he also became a respected author, journalist and ultimately, a TV star, who traveled the world exploring other cultures and their foods and traditions.

But there was that pesky quincunx from Moon in Cap, which squared his Neptune.
And so he had a nagging sense that he was not happy, not finding fulfilment, still searching and striving. At some point, it imploded. :sad:

That is indeed a sad story, Katy.

Also, the impression I am getting is that the quincunx seems to be an even more problematic aspect than square. With a square, even though the planets involved clash, at least they share one thing in common: their modality. But with quincunx, there is absolutely no common ground whatsoever. I personally think this is way worse.

Also, just a thought about men with difficult Venus-moon inter-aspects finding love. Some people say that a man with say, venus square moon might be attracted to certain women, but once they have begun a relationship with these women, they are emotionally dissatisfied. So they go from one relationship to another, trying to find their perfect mate. But to me, wouldn't this easily be solved by a woman who has an internal square of her own that conjuncts the man's venus and moon? For example, a man has Venus in Aquarius and moon in Scorpio. He should easily find love with a woman who has, say, Sun in Scorpio and Mars in aquarius. Am I right? Or am I over-looking some things?

waybread

Wan, the synastry sounds interesting.

But if you have two people with unresolved emotional (moon) issues concerning women or femininity (Venus) they may just feed off each other's negative energy.

You'd want some other strongly mitigating factors in the synastry.

OuterPlanets89

Not sure about in a man's chart, but one of my closest friends has her Moon in Cancer (6th H) quincrux her Venus in Aquarius (1st H).

I do think the quincrux between the two feminine personal planets shows a major disconnect between the mother's love language/care and the child's needs. The child's anima (Moon/Venus) becomes fragmented early on and the outer social charm/attractiveness that they learn is distinctly different from their inner emotional needs.

And unlike the Moon/Venus square, where there's a clear tension between the two, the quincrux makes it harder to bridge the gap, it's like they're two parts of the personality that are impossible to merge together. The square will have more of an active tension in that sense, as the two planets will usually share a modality and house (cadent/fixed/mutable).

wan

Very interesting, Outer.

I also have a quincunx in my chart. My Moon in Scorpio quincunxes my Mars in Gemini by a very small orb. And sometimes I do feel quite torn in the way I express myself.