Indication of Burlesque Dancers in Astrology?

Bunraku

I guess it’s just a fancy term for a stripper, which falls under sex work. That makes is easier to determine that it’s Venusian.

Osamenor

Staff member
I guess it’s just a fancy term for a stripper, which falls under sex work. That makes is easier to determine that it’s Venusian.

Not so. Burlesque is a risque form of dancing, but the performance of it is more akin to ballet, tap, etc: dancer is a stage performer, not interacting directly with the audience, and certainly not getting money thrown at her during the show. It isn't sex work. It is Venusian, as all art forms are, but a burlesque dancer and a stripper are not the same thing. This article explains the difference. https://21stcenturyburlesque.com/bu...en choose to,it very different from stripping.

Bunraku

Not so. Burlesque is a risque form of dancing, but the performance of it is more akin to ballet, tap, etc: dancer is a stage performer, not interacting directly with the audience, and certainly not getting money thrown at her during the show. It isn't sex work. It is Venusian, as all art forms are, but a burlesque dancer and a stripper are not the same thing. This article explains the difference. https://21stcenturyburlesque.com/bu...en choose to,it very different from stripping.

People from other type of work that’s from the same line (like exotic dancing), like to distance themselves from the word stripper because of negative connotations. I don’t see it as negative.

I wonder if it’s the same thing that’s happening here. The article keeps associating burlesque dancing with high class by putting more “noble” sounding verbs. While stripper is reduced to something mechanical and less refined (I disagree).

Also I disagree that a burlesque dancer doesn’t interact with the audience.. they can. Several burlesque dancers also view themselves as sex workers.

In its core stripping is just dancing too, and requires talent and practice.

Venus and Mars are major players I would think. Venus for beauty/costuming and Mars for physical performance. I would look for those on the angles or the 8th house. The majority of burlesque performers I know in life have either Sun, Moon, Venus or Mars in Taurus and Leo... you get the glamor and the performance aspect with these signs respectively. I've seen Virgo sun too. Then again, I have a Leo stellium and Mars in Taurus and I would rather pay to watch a burlesque performance than be in one.

dr. farr

I have known dozens of exotic female dancers-they have a common trait of being the one in control of their love relationships-they mostly don’t do well as passive partners in love relationships-they usually assume a dominant-mother type role.

Humanitarian

I think Venus/Mars in either Sag or Leo could be indicators of burlesque dance, because it has force and it incorporates humour into the dance

Last edited:

FraterAC

According to my copy of The Rulership Book, by R. E. Bills, "dancers, dancing, the dance" are ruled by Venus, Taurus, Neptune and Pisces (and by some authorities, Uranus).
As far as burlesque goes, Venus and Taurus should fit nicely, as the display of physical beauty.
Ann Blanche Banks (Tempest Storm) had Venus in long conjunction with Mars in Aquarius. Both were sextile Uranus and Jupiter in conjunction in Aries. Her Sun was in Pisces, trine Pluto in Cancer. No birth time available.

Last edited: