Evangeline Adams' Horary Technique

Susie

Question to Radu:

This is extremely interesting - do you apply Adams' prinicple yourself?

Is there any need to work with current transists as well? I think yes.

I tried it just now - you make 3 charts: the Horary chart, plus the natal turned + the current transits.

Am I on the right track ?

Regards
Susie

pwadm

Staff member
No, I don't apply it. I think it limits too much the possibilities. For instance think at someone born during a VOC Moon. All questions asked by that person will automatically have an Evangeline Adams horary chart featuring a VOC Moon.

It simply places a HUGE emphasis on the natal chart, that is on the destiny, and DENIES us to be able to transform ourself, to change our natal resonance, even if only for a short time. This is not the kind of astrology I like.

As for the technique, just generate the "normal" horary chart, also the natal chart and then apply the houses of the horary chart to the natal chart. I'm afraid you'll have to do that by drawing the chart by hand.

Susie

Thanks for the reply Radu

The way you described the technique, is the way I understood it to be - to transfer the rising degree of the horary to the natal, and read the (turned) chart from there.

If you then look at the current transits (which is purely optional) in addition, you have a nice combination of current influences plus the natal planetary energies.

At least that is my understanding of this process. However, I could be wrong! :lol:

Thanks and regards
Susie

Evangeline Adam's horary technique

Hi,
I have used evangeline adam's horary technique and I feel that it works very well. I agree that we just need to move the Natal chart to the degree of current moment (Ascendant for the current moment) so other aspects found in the Natal chart do remain the same. However, if we just add Transiting Moon's position to the New Horary chart, Picture is clearer. In addition to this, because this technique refers to nearer future, we should also take into consideration all fast moving planets (i.e. Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Sun). We should consider Lordship of houses as per the Natal chart and check. It will surely work, predictions will be impressive.

However, if anyone has more material on evangeline adam's horary technique, please suggest.

www.astrocollege.com/campus/libraries/ Evangeline_Adams__Horary_Technique.pdf

link explains a bit about the technique but something more intersting can be found, I believe. If I come across the same, I will post here, in the forum.

Regards to all,
Intuitive_Divinator

Draco

Hi ID,

I have only recently discovered this technique thanks to some information related to me by Radu, and I find it very interesting. I experimented with this technique as a supporting prediction to an event chart, in which Fensi88 inquires as to who will win the upcoming match between Arsenal and Real Madrid.

I took the official founding dates for each team, and rotated the Ascendant for the start of the match to become the Ascendant on each teams chart, and the comparisons it revealed were quite interesting.

I think that the applications of this method can be quite fascinating as a supporting testimony to the conclusions we may draw from the basic event chart, particularly where analysis of the event seems indecisive. You can see my findings on the 'Sports Astrology' section, under Fensi88's post under 'return match Arsenal vs Real'. If you are intrigued by this technique I just thought this may be of interest. Of course I hope my findings prove to be right or I will come out with egg on my face! :?

Radu,

I understand what you mean, when you say that you are uncomfortable with the technique, because for example, a VoC Moon in the chart will always be VoC. I was uncomfortable with this as well until I experimented with the Real vs Arsenal chart, and then I thought that this technique could have some value. I don't think that this would put the chart at a disadvantage though. I would imagine that consideration of a VoC Moon would be important in the event chart itself, but surplus to requirements in the Accidental Ascendant chart, where the positions of planets in houses and their conjunctions and aspects to the angles would be of more importance. So the fact that the Moon is VoC in such a chart wouldn't be as important as the cusp the Moon rules, the house it's in or it's relationship to the angles. At least, thats my theory anyway, which I'll need to experiment with.

For example, on Goca's football match question, in Arsenals chart Venus is always combust, and in Real's Mars is always combust. So whatever Accidental Ascendant we use for either of these teams then the respective combustions will always be present, but this might yield interesting information. So for example, due to Arsenals combusted Venus, we could theorise that when Taurus or Libra are rising at the beginning of a match, then this may put Arsenal to a certain disadvantage, because the Accidental Ascendant of their chart will mean that they (the Ascendant) will be represented by their latent combusted Venus, bringing their debilitated planet to the fore and could spell bad news for them. If Arsenal begin a match when Aries or Scorpio is rising, then this is better for them, because they also have Mars in it's exaltation in their chart, so then this dignified quality would be more brought to the fore.

Of course, such considerations as these would always have to be supported and qualified by the indications which were gleaned from the basic event chart itself.

So if for example, a person entering a competition has a VoC Moon in their chart, as have I, then if Cancer is rising in my accidental ascendant chart for the event, then this might not be a good influence for me, as the planet that I am being represented by in the Accidental Ascendant chart has already reached the end of it's journey in my natal and thus is 'going nowhere'.

These considerations have given me a few ideas about how to take advantage of certain times of the day in initiating particular activities. If I need to enter a fight, contest or competition, I am much better doing so when Aries or Scorpio rises, especially Scorpio, as in my natal I have Mars in it's rulership and triplicity of Scorpio, so in the Accidental Ascendant chart this becomes my significator, giving me my best chance over my opponents, especially if Scorpio rises at 27 degrees or beyond, as this is where my natal Mars is placed, ensuring that in the Accidental Ascendant chart, Mars will be conjunct that Ascendant, rather than in the 12th house. If I was to enter a fight when Taurus or Libra rises, then this puts me to a disadvantage, as the in the Accidental Ascendant chart, I would be signified by Venus, which in my natal is in it's fall in Virgo and under the Sun's beams, which would bring these debilitated qualities to the fore.

Consideration of the applications of Accidental Accendant charts are helping me to come to these discoveries, so I feel that they might have some value.

Of course, I have much more experimenting to do, but I am very intrigued by consideration of the Accidental Ascendant.

Draco ;)

fensi88

Draco, very interesting consideration, you give me idea to experiment with my chart and find which ASC is best for verious events! Thank you!