Need Help with an Awkward and Strange Relationship

Okay, so I just recently started becoming intimate with another man after being divorced from my ex. husband for a year.
This man (Anthony) has been my friend for years, but I guess you could say it slowly evolved into more than just a "friendship" overtime. The sexual chemistry I have with this man is amazing (hours upon hours of intimacy, lol). His sensual style is just to my taste. :) However, at times I'll feel just completely anxious around him (why is that?), but so calm at the same time. And it's very hard to have an in-depth conversation with him about anything--almost as if he tries to avoid seriousness at all costs... like he's afraid of it. I want to have more than just a physical relationship (I want to make certain we'll still be friends if/once the physical part ends) and I'd love to just TALK MORE! He's a very 'different' sort of fellow and that's one of the attraction factors. I guess I'm just wondering if it's okay to trust this man with my feelings. I'm not looking for anything serious with him... just want to stay out of dramatic relationships.
I've looked a bit into his individual chart and noticed that his Mercury is in his 12th house. Could this be the reason for his hesitancy to communicate? He actually has a stellium in his 12th house.
In our synastry I see that we have Venus conjunct Neptune[FONT=Arial, Verdana, Geneva, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Verdana, Geneva, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Verdana, Geneva, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Verdana, Geneva, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] which I've read leads to disillusionment in relationships.
We also have a Moon square Pluto which could play a factor in my being nervous around him at times?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Me: December 18, 1986 12:18 p.m. West Palm Beach, Fl
Anthony: January 10, 1985 6:27 a.m. Long Island, NY

Attachments

• SynastryChart-1.gif
    SynastryChart-1.gif
    72.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
It be most helpful to ‘post’ your natal and synastry charts (rather than data), for others to comment on as we are all visual. For help on how to do this, go here http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12126

Astrological data are highly sensitive. Therefore ask you to take the protection of your personal data of third persons very seriously. If you wish to post your chart or the chart of a person known to you, you must have their permission to do so or better still anonymize the name and all birth/personal data. If this is not the case, please refrain from posting this chart.

Thanks so much for the help. I hope my interpretation of the synastry was enough. I understand natal charts fairly well, but when it comes to synastry I become very confused. I don't understand whose moon is conjuncting whose neptune and all that jazz, lol. I'd love to learn as much as anyone is willing to teach.

wilsontc

Staff member
Relationship, to teeth

teeth,

You asked:
Frankensteinteeth said:
I just recently started becoming intimate with another man after being divorced from my ex. husband for a year...The sexual chemistry I have with this man is amazing...at times I'll feel just completely anxious around him...so calm at the same time. And it's very hard to have an in-depth conversation with him about anything--almost as if he tries to avoid seriousness at all costs...I'd love to just TALK MORE!...I'm just wondering if it's okay to trust this man with my feelings. I'm not looking for anything serious with him...just want to stay out of dramatic relationships...noticed that his Mercury is in his 12th house. Could this be the reason for his hesitancy to communicate?...we have Venus conjunct Neptune...We also have a Moon square Pluto which could play a factor in my being nervous around him at times?

In case you didn't know, you can find the degrees and other information in a separate PDF on the synastry page of astro.com. Look for the link "View the additional tables (PDF)" and click on it to see the additional information. Without this information, the syanstry chart is hard to read since there are no degrees listed and there is no aspect grid (all this information is in the PDF). Reading a synastry chart is mainly about reading the aspects between the planets in the two charts. So once you find the PDF, scroll down to the bottom of the page and look in the synastry grid that is there.

So you do not have :venus: :conjunct: :neptune: or :moon: :square: :pluto: between you in your synastry.

You do have in your chart a lot of planets (including :mercury: (thinking, also talking/daily work) in the expansion house, so you do like to talk. And, as you say, he has :mercury: in the 12th house (a "hidden" house") so his talking is much less direct. Since he has :jupiter: (expansion, also humor) :conjunct: (energy is combined with) :sun: (self-expression, also ego) his sense of who he is has something to do with humor, so he can seem "non-serious" to you, who have your :jupiter: in the 12th house, indicating you may see humor as something more "private". However, his :Mercury: is :conjunct: your Midheaven (outer world), so his talking (whatever talking he does) connnects to you as if he were an "authority" out in the world. His :sun: and :jupiter: also are in your duty (also authority) house, so this increases your feeling of his "authority" in things. His :mars: (being, also anger, action) is in challenging aspect to your :mercury: so this might lead to angry talking between you; and both your :mars: are conjunct, increasing the anger issues. However, his :mars: is also in easy aspect to your :venus: (relationships), so you actively "connect" in the relationship. And :saturn: is strongly connected to :venus: between you, which can indicate a permanent connection.

You like to talk, while he is more quiet, but his talking can strongly affect you. He can be very dramatic and can get angry at the things you say. You easily and actively get together in the relationship, have a strong ability to "connect" to each other.

Relating,

Tim

rahu

Banned
hi teeth
i looked at your composite of this relationship.
it starts off very nicely with a venus/sun/neptune stellium. this shows a strong attraction for each other and neptune adds an idealistic air when positive,the venus/sun is sextile to mars,again indicating that your get along very well.with the mars/venus and mars/sun midpoints oppsed to the moon,the emotional/physical attraction seems to be leading to a steady and supportive relationship.with jupiter on the ascnednat,this feeling of a committed relationship is strong,soemtimes this is a very nurturing coonection.with mercury conjucnt to urnaus and sextile to jupiter,it seeems that you have verygood communication and both of you are intelligent and open minded.you could have met in school or a work.
but there are some very ominious aspects here.the mars/uranus midpoint is conjunct the venus/jupiter midpoint which indicates that he may be too independent to establish a steady hookup.the saturn/neptuen midpoint is conjucnt mercury and uranus which indicate that truthfulness may be a problem with him.it seems that he either doesn't tell you everything or could be actively deceiving you at times.the mars/pluto midpoint is conjunct the venus/sun conjunction,this shows a very intense sexual chemistry but it also implies that he is more interested in sex than really getting to know you.it could be that he is very inattentive to your feeling after(if you are intimate) intimacy with him.the pluto/orcus midpoint is square to the mercury/uranus/saturn-neptune mp,this indicates that if you question his veracity, he may get mad.with mars biquintile to orcus and in a 20th harmonic to pluto,there is a threat of physical intimidation.with pluto sextile to the venus/sun conjunction, he may try to control you whyile he keeps his freedom to come and go with whoever he pleases.the saturn/chiron opposition also shows that he is very controlling and at times mean and cold toqward you.usually when he is trying to manipulate or control you.wiith the orcus/mars midpoint conjunct lilth and opposed to juno ,he seems to play on your insecurities in this relationship.maybe threatening to breakup if you don't accept his dominance obevr your life.
it seems he plays good cop/bad cop with you,that is he will alternate between being loving and hateful depending on if you accept his dominance or reject it.
on the outside this has some very positive aspects for a relationship,but underneath he is deceiving,manipulative and overbearing.with jupiter square to the saturn/pluto midpoint, this relationship is not about love but manipulation and control.

rahu

Last edited:
Thank you so so much for both your interpretations. I've always felt some sort of manipulation on his part (which must be the reason for my nervousness). He most definitely gets angry over the slightest provocation in disagreement over trivial matters. And he doesn't tell me everything. I feel almost as if he'd be able to drop me at the whim of a hat if he ever wanted to. I've known that I can be much more emotionally invested in our 'friendship' (cancer moon, pisces rising, moon trine venus, moon trine ascendant) than he is and it's just kind of nice to see my gut feeling and intuition laid out in front of me. He is, of course, very dear to me, but now I know to keep my guard up. :) As well as see other people, lol.
Thank you again.