change of address

his 4th house is mercury at 4deg taurus so my significator is just commin up to a conjunction ... im not sure if this means this could happen or not?

Im not good at finding the speeds of the planets....especially as my ephemeris isnt here, but I think that merc is seperating , well and truly ,from the sun.....I dont think that is such a good sign.....perhaps someone else can clarify.

K

Hi,
No, the sun moves slower than mercury. The sun moves roughly a degree a day, merc moves around twice that speed......(im no mathematician here)...
So that is a seperating aspect between the two. Thats you and the house, his house, a gap is growing between you, so I dont think thats a great sign. You can look to all the other planets, but I think those two are important. Im no expert though and am still just learning.

Kylie

I thought about this chart last night didi,

I wonder if the fact that merc is coming out of combustion means anything....

you should wait for someone more experienced.

When a planet is in the suns rays it becomes hard to see, and the sun energy takes over. Its not a good place for a planet to be in horary. I wonder though, if you new things will be seen when its moving out of combustion.?....I.e in this case something regarding his house. Your the sun.....do you think anything has happened recently that suggests that you were over powering this idea of moving into the house? It may mean nothing, but thats why I hope someone else comes along to share there knowledge on this chart.
here is an explanation of combustion : http://www.astrologyweekly.com/dictionary/combust.php

thanks for that extra info.....could well mean this....I still have to note, that merc is seperating....hopefully someone else can come and put us out of our misery here:D and gives a definite analysis.

barbh

Account Closed
Hi guys

I'm not an 'expert', but I thought I'd comment on a couple of things right from the get-go.

The moon is void at 27 Libra 54. Usually nothing will come from the question when the moon is void, but it can be overcome if the significators have a differing testimony. Is there enough to overcome a void moon here?

Saturn and the south node are in the first house. Lilly says that hardly any good can come from this (can't find where in the book...) This alone would say probably not, or it wouldn't be a great idea, or it wouldn't work out well, or something along those lines. (it's so hard to find the passage you want in a book when you really need it...but it's there somewhere! :p )

Let's look at dignities.

You are the Sun at 1 Taurus. You have no essential dignity, so you are peregrine, and in the unfortunate 8th house. This would show that you have some angst about this matter, and that you are powerless to do anything about it, as peregrine usually has little power.

He is Saturn retrograde in the 1st house. He is retrograde, so weak, and peregrine, so weak again. He is not in great shape, although he is in an angular house so he has some accidental dignity. Not sure what difference that makes.....hope an expert will come and tell us!

Reception - the Sun has no reception with the Saturn, and Saturn only has reception with the Sun by face, but you do trine each other by aspect. Again, need an expert to tell us if an aspect over-rides lack of reception.

The ruler of his 4th of home is mercury, separating from a conjunction with the Sun. Yes, they will conjunct again when Mercury slows down to go retrograde, but that's a long ways away. That won't be until June 7th when they conjunct in Gemini, which is a completely different sign, meaning a change of circumstances first.

The Sun does trine Saturn, in 1 and 1/3 degrees. If we use months, that could be 1 and 1/3 months, which would be early June, which would be when the sun and Mercury conjunct as mentioned before.

The Saturn and south node rising say it isn't a good idea though, and the void moon isn't a great indication either.

I would say maybe in early June, but need an expert to comment on these other aspects.

hope that helps a little bit
cheers
:)
barb

tikana

Hi Didi

this is a straight 1/7 question
i am not getting yes on this

i could be wrong though

1. moon is void - nothing!
2. sun trines saturn BUT there is no dignity nor reception on either ofyour sides
so okay saturn is in you 1st house but sun is not anywhere near saturn's receptions nor its own strenth

1. you need an aspect - you have that
2. you need recetpion and dignity ... intent to act and power to act

he has accidental dignity but you are in 8th house debilitated house

that is where the problem is !

I am not seeing it!

sorries
T

barbh

Account Closed
Hi Tikana

sun trines saturn BUT there is no dignity nor reception on either ofyour sides
so okay saturn is in you 1st house but sun is not anywhere near saturn's receptions nor its own strenth

I agree that the other testimonies say this is a no answer, but I was just reading another post by Star that talks about aspects and receptions. Apparently you don't have to have reception if you have an aspect.

If there is an aspect, you dont have to look for a back-up like an MR. I only use MR if there is no aspect.

Of course it helps and all, but it isn't necessary. Yes?

barb

tikana

Barb

1) Dignities show power (opportunity?) to act
2) Reception shows intention to act
3) Aspects show occasion to act

"Reception with no applying aspects is as good as nothing (reception + no aspect= wish lists" one horary astrologer says

Tik

barbh

Account Closed
Hi Tik

Thanks for answering. Wow, there sure are a lot of different opinions.

Reception with no applying aspects is as good as nothing (reception + no aspect= wish lists" one horary astrologer says

Lilly says that strong MR can completely override lack of aspects;

Lilly

'when as the effecting of the matter is denied by the Aspects, or when the significators have no Aspect to each other, or when it seems doubtful what is promised by square or opp of the significators, et if mutual reception happen between the principal significators, the thing is brought to pass, without any great trouble, and to the content of both parties.' p 112

Hmm. Well, I guess we're left to read all the testimonies and come up with a suitable answer. No black and white obviously.

thanks
barb

tikana

Barb

believe it or not Ivy Goldstein says exact the same thing as LIlly

MR by sign - treat it as YES.

I had maybe 10 charts with this .. so far nothing happend so dunno what to tell you

TIk

Kawa

Hi DiDi,
The chart is also not safe to judge when the Moon is in the Via Combusta, (15 degrees Libra to 15 degress Scorpio).
The Moon VOC is not always a negative factor, it means things will go on as they are. If the reason is only financial, it would be good to look at the synastry and see if there is any aspect in that direction.
But you may be right that things evolve; besides, the question was not time framing and it can be considered valid for the next three months only.
So, considering also what has beed said already, i would say that for the next three months he will not ask.
For the future you can look at progressions too (more emotional maybe because of that).
Enjoy the moment.
BTW i am no-expert but always learning.

Last edited: