Your Favorite Astrology Sites

Missa

Empath said:
Thanks, AM! :D
Here's one for you and evryone else:
http://www.planetwaves.net/
Eric Francis writes some amazingly insightful essays.

I have to agree with that, I just found a nice article he wrote about Libras. Refreshing change for the general Libra-hating atmosphere I've noticed certain astrologers to have.

About arabic parts, for those who are interested:
Arabic Parts Calculator
Calculating Arabic Parts

Lynns

Arian Maverick said:
Did you read The Ritual of the White Mirror? That kind of freaked me out a bit...

Arian Maverick

Do you have to subscribe to planetwaves weekly to be able to read that article? It seems like clicking a link will lead to a subscription page..

Missa said:
Refreshing change for the general Libra-hating atmosphere I've noticed certain astrologers to have.

I'm Libran, and I don't particularly like some aspects of Libra either, especially the shallower aspects and preoccupation with looks. I think indecisiveness can be a bane at times, but when a decision is made, I don't budge an inch (I've heard lots of complains that librans are stubborn, and contradictory statements that they yield to please others). I think both are true, but a realisation of being pushed to do against their will for the benefit of another for lengthy periods will create a typhoon (injustice to themselves).

Arian Maverick

I have to agree with that, I just found a nice article he wrote about Libras. Refreshing change for the general Libra-hating atmosphere I've noticed certain astrologers to have.

I'm Libran, and I don't particularly like some aspects of Libra either, especially the shallower aspects and preoccupation with looks. I think indecisiveness can be a bane at times, but when a decision is made, I don't budge an inch (I've heard lots of complains that librans are stubborn, and contradictory statements that they yield to please others). I think both are true, but a realisation of being pushed to do against their will for the benefit of another for lengthy periods will create a typhoon (injustice to themselves).

Missa and Lynns,

As an individual native to your opposite sign, I am intrigued by these observations...would you both care to join me in the thread Astrological Prejudice and Stereotypes in General chat? ;)

Arian Maverick

Missa

Lynns said:

Of course no sign is perfect, but the way some astrologers seem to constantly pick up on Libran negative traits or make them up when they can't think of anything more is something that annoys me. Yes, some Libras have slightly narcistic and superficial tones, but the way this is over-emphasized is senseless. I don't see astrologers saying that all scorpios are horrible and mean people either, but when it's Libras they're talking about...

Also, even though I know several Libras I don't like too much, I seriously couldn't call them air-headed no matter how much I would want to, they're all quite intelligent (air signs...) and study in universities, even though they're exactly the persons who have those slightly superficial tones I already mentioned about. They're more the sort of people who think rationally, but lack emotions or at least seem to hide them. Luckily most of the Libras I know aren't like them, including myself.

And another thing that annoys me (yes I need to vent :D) is how Libras are said to be indecisive. We're indecisive only when we don't have all the necessary information to make a decision, as Libras don't want to rush into anything but consider everything carefully. This is why Libras are excellent decision-makers, they're fair and able to see all sides, and once Libra has made up his mind he won't easily change that (as you already mentioned). I've also heard complains about Libras being stubborn, as opposite to everything most astrology-books say.

I'll probably continue this in the thread that Arian Maverick posted. :D

Lissa

I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this(my triple Aries placements don't have time to read the entire thread again to see if someone has already recommended this site LOL),but http://www.cosmitec-astrological-compatibility-advice.com/ is a very good one.The site is only about relationships,but let me say it has very good advice and mentions some very interesting techniques I wasn't aware of.The bad thing about it is that the whole website is like a giant labyrinth-each page you open has lots of links with interesting titles so you open link after link and eventually find yourself lost in a page that has nothing to do with what you were searching for LOL.I enthusiasthically recomment the section that has love quotes for each Sun/Moon combination.Also,it has lots of cool and FREE things for subscription.

Hope you enjoy it
Lissa

tsquare

One of my favorites, and I am not just trying to be kind, is this forums main sight Astrology Weekly. I really like the planetary aspects section.

Another sight is the DK foundations sight and there planets in the houses interpretations. I was amazed when I first read them how accurate they were, without even getting into planetary aspects, trines, squares, etc.. .
Heres the link:
Google it! (laugh), (I cant find it, and I gotta go soon.)

====================================
Tsquare

Last edited:

AstRoPeLeKi

Hello everyone!

I visit many of the sites you recommend at this thread.
I would like to add one more... I' m from Greece and some people make excellent job at this forum: www.myhoroscope.gr

I'm sure that i will find many answers to my questions and at this forum.

Thanks!

universal

My favourite astrology site is: michaellutin.com
This is the former Vanity Fair columnist. He's got articles on huffingtonpost now too. As soon as you get on the site, you see the words "Where's the Moon?", something I ask myself at the breakfast table each morning! His daily astrological observation is pithy, sometimes outrageous, and always makes me reach for the ephemeris to find out what sky events he's addressing. I'm hooked and don't miss a day.
Lutin is up to his eyeballs in the Pluto change to Capricorn. He's addressing the National Press Club in a few days about that, and sundry topics. I'd give my eye teeth to be there, but will settle for hearing about the essentials soon after.

Arian Maverick

I haven't explored much of the site yet, but this made me giggle:

URANUS IN PISCES

Why the world is upside down and everything is going crazy

and Why Mitt Romney is going to whack Giuliani

(even though it's dangerous to

try to ***** a New York Italian).

I'm loving these links!

Arian Maverick

Quantum

If you have a LiveJournal account, the astrology community there is also good. :) It works pretty much like a forum, too, but the posts are less organized since it's in blog format, so you have to sift through the thousands of posts to find what you want.

Jemish

about has some pretty good top ten lists of websites

does anyone know anything going on this year with Aries - i feel like my life is out of control