saturn on the asc

DiDi

i did a chart reciently...
I asked is this person "getting it"

their 5th is ruled by saturn on their asc.. first i though yes they are then i remembered saturn on the asc means restrictions or a no or even cant be judged.

their asc is rulled by merc going retro in the 5th... says to me they are either looking for it and cant get anywhere, or they are re assessing if they want that.

5th ruler and asc do not aspect neither did the moon.

would i be right in summing it up to mean,
the person thought they wanted it and cant get it anyway.
or is it and not sure if thats what they want?

I dont want to cast the chart, as im just looking at what the 2 signifyers are saying, and i havent had much work with retro plannets in horay
thanks to anyone who can help?

DiDi

does anyone have a idea.. please
take a stab, id rather have some imput.. im bad with retro plannets trying to learn about them now.
thanks for any help

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Hi Didi-I think it depends on what you mean by *is he "getting it"*. Do you mean is he gaining insight into something? If thats what you're really asking, I don't think its a radical horary question.We can't really judge where someone else is on their evolutionary path-I don't think horary was intended for that. What horary is good at is telling us what will happen.
If your question relates to a communication you have made to him and you are asking if he *understands* your communique, the chart might be able to be looked at from a h3 perspective.
Can you give us a bit more info about the nature of the question?
Cheers
Lilly

DiDi

sorry i will keep my question private.. but no it wasnt communication.

Iam more interested what mercury going retro in house 5 would mean
saturn ruler of 5th was in asc neither made a aspect to each other nor did the moon.

whithout going through all the details, If your asc ruler was merc and you found it retro in cap in house 5 what would be your thoughts on that only aspect?

for me the only understanding of it could be .. communication may be inhibited or maybe your being taken out of contex in your social area of life?

Last edited:

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Didi the fifth house rules children too, but generally a retro planet can't function properly.If a planet that is a sig is retro in h5 its actually heading toward h4-endings or home matters.Ideally Saturn should not be on an agle as it is more powerful when angular.Sat. in Lib is exalted though.Cant add more without the question or chart though.
Good luck with it
Cheers
Lilly