Take What Fits And Ditch the Rest

Elianah

To the community:

First, Happy New Year to you all. May you find what your Highest Self is seeking this year in the sweetest way possible.

Many of you who have read my posts have seen me sign off with "My 2¢ worth, take what fits and ditch the rest," or one of its abbreviated versions like "As always, my 2¢ worth." I truly mean this and always hope that other forum members do just that, take what fits with their world view and ditch the rest.

I have no corner on the knowledge market and I do not claim to be a teacher/guide on this site. We each have something to share and discuss within the world of astrology, and I hope my posts give some alternative possibilities on how to think about things. Any thread I post on I readily believe that discussion is the key in my learning and growing, and that is my intent. I write down my ideas and I am really interested in learning where other people agree or disagree with my views. It does not mean that I may change my ideas and I never expect the thread members to change theirs.

I also believe that there are many truths to be explored and thought about, and that a thread member is soliciting other ideas and comments when they write in a thread. I came to this site because of its open discussion and my perception that there was no particular dogma that had to be bowed down to and worshipped as "THE RIGHT WAY" to believe. My beliefs are based on the path I have walked this lifetime, just as each other members beliefs are based on their paths. Where the paths intersect is where we come to share, learn and decide what is right for who we are in this moment for that will affect who we were and who we will become.

When I write, my language may come out strident and sounding like I should have the last word because I think I know it all and the previous poster knows nothing. I guarantee all, I do not know everything and I have never intended to have the last word on any subject. If my languaging seems to do that for some members, please don't let it stop you from responding to me. If you need clarifications on any languaging, please ask. If you want to take a point I made in a different direction, provide a quote to what I have said and then have at it. If you feel like you are being attacked by something in a post I have written, please pull out the comment and let's discuss it, openly and honestly. My choice of wording may have been poor or I may have tried to make it too tightly written. My writing, just like me, is extremely imperfect.

I do believe open, fair discussion can challenge any belief system, mine included. If I have challenged other persons' belief systems on this site, I hope that it is in a way that is stimulating and thought-provoking. I am not trying to kill anyone's belief system or say that it is wrong. I will wrestle with the ideas presented in a post, just as I hope people feel free to wrestle with my ideas in a reply.

I have never meant to be condensending to anyone on this list. If a sentence or a paragraph in a post sounds like that, again, quote it and feedback to me what it sounds like to you so I know what it is that is bothering you. Allow me the chance to rephrase it in a way that addresses your concerns while also honestly representing who I am.

I look forward to continued participation on this site. I have enjoyed learning from each person on this list and hope to do so in the future.

With humility and great reverence for each forum member,

Elianah

Summery Joy

Elianah,

Why does this post sound like you're appologizing for something? You're a great member on this forum, and I, for one, enjoy your thoughts very much.

As you said, sometimes posts on forums come out in way that "sounds" different than the intent of the writer. That's one problem that technology hasn't helped us solve yet, but may have added to it. I've had so many misunderstandings on forums, instant messengers and even phone conversations that I just avoid having any serious conversation unless it's face to face, heart to heart.

However, this forum is fabulous, all the members are wonderful and any misunderstanding is easily and quickly cleared up. And it's the one place that I can discuss astrology with people who know more about it than Sun Signs :D

Looking forward to more of your posts.

Elianah

It was brought to my attention recently that my posts were inappropriate, rude and ego-laden diatribes from a childish Leo. I was not sure how many people were feeling like that, so I thought I'd clear the air with the whole community.

Kite

Hmmm - Let's review - Inappropriate - Spirituality and Astrology discussion..I would think that's pretty much on-topic.

Rude - I don't see any cursing, calling out, fighting, spitting or even any sarcasm in what I've read..perhaps a woman asserting strong opinions might be pushing someone's buttons, I've seen it before.

Ego Laden Diatribe - I think this means self-serving in that one is looking to inflate one's ego as the motivation for a diatribe. Pontificate might be a better way to say this. I would have to say if one was giving a speech then perhaps they are open to this kind of critique but when one is posting in a forum, all bets are off when tone can not easily be gleaned. What one sees as pontification another may see as detailed completeness in presenting one's thoughts on the topic. Style will always be pleasing to some and annoying to others, which brings us to the next point.

Childish Leo - That's like saying Emotional Cancer or Wishy Washy Libra - Please. Style is subjective. I personally prefer to be brief and to the point but that comes from years of dealing in Corporate America. I would have to say that no-one here is absent of Child nor Leo. We all want to perform brilliantly and be recognized for such. What's wrong with that as long as we put the proper parameters around the performance which I believe is to make sure we are serving others before serving ourselves. If we are presenting a point of view based on study and intuition, then we are conversing in a meaningful way.

The last thing we need is to walk on eggshells in forum like this. I'll start. What did the 19 degree Sag Sun say to the 19 degree Sag Saturn?

Lighten up - will ya?

Light

Elinah

inappropriate, rude and ego-laden diatribes from a childish Leo
:shock:

Nah....insightful, thought provoking, inspiring and frequently raise a smile . :D

What may come across as blunt and insensitive to one person, is direct and to the point to another. It's merely perception. I totally agree with sorehearted:

sometimes posts on forums come out in way that "sounds" different than the intent of the writer. That's one problem that technology hasn't helped us solve yet, but may have added to it. I've had so many misunderstandings on forums, instant messengers and even phone conversations that I just avoid having any serious conversation unless it's face to face, heart to heart.

I even get into trouble face to face! But that's just me. Without facial nuances the written (and spoken) word can be extremely misleading. - but it's just a matter of degree, surely?

Please keep up the good work, I really enjoy your insights.

IMO The whole forum is helpful and informative and seems a much friendlier forum than some.

Take care

hel