Fixed stars

Matrix1

I was wondering could someone tell me where are my fixed stars, such as algol, regulus, antares, mostly the main ones, if it's not problem could you tell all of my fix stars in my natal and are they aspected? I'm new into this thing with fixed stars :p
Birth time: 11:15/ Date of birth- 25.6. year- 1997. Place of birth - Osijek, Croatia. Sorry i didn't put my nat chart here. If you need one just post below and i'll attach it. :d
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

amandajoie

I drew up the chart you can do the same thing at astro.com

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 32

Matrix1

Ee, hvala Legionar! :)
Amandajoie, just one question does that mean i have regulus, antares, etc. or? :O I'm really fresh with fix stars.

Matrix1

Amandajoie one more question, example in my natal chart in the circle of it i have on MC Aldebaran, in 8th house Eris, in 6th house i have Verite on IC 3rd house i have Antares, in 2th house Spic in 12th house regulus and 10th house sirius. Now my question is why don't i have written Algol in 9th house taurus, then pisces DC i don't have that written royal fixed star that starts with form don't know the exact name of it. Now are only written fix stars in circle of natal because they are aspected or? Confused :/:unsure: Btw, thanks so much!:lol:

JUPITERASC

Of course!!!! Everyone has them. It's just if they make an aspect or conjunction to midpoint that I interpret them. I refer to this website sometimes for further information on the fixed stars

http://www.constellationsofwords.com
Two useful areas on that website are

THE FIXED STARS IN NATAL ASTROLOGY http://www.constellationsofwords.com/Fixedstars.htm :smile:

STAR LISTS AND ARTICLES http://www.constellationsofwords.com/Fixedstars.htm

dr. farr has fifty years of astrological study and advises us to:

Start with a study of Robson's "Fixed Stars and Constellations in Astrology",

then

Eric Morse "The Living Stars"

use constellationsofwords.com as a constant reference,

and

look over the many posts in the Fixed Stars section here on AW for additional tidbits.

JUPITERASC

Amandajoie one more question, example in my natal chart in the circle of it i have on MC Aldebaran, in 8th house Eris, in 6th house i have Verite on IC 3rd house i have Antares, in 2th house Spic in 12th house regulus and 10th house sirius. Now my question is why don't i have written Algol in 9th house taurus, then pisces DC i don't have that written royal fixed star that starts with form don't know the exact name of it. Now are only written fix stars in circle of natal because they are aspected or? Confused :/:unsure: Btw, thanks so much!:lol:
EXPLANATION OF PARANS CALCULATION http://www.zyntara.com/starlight_tutorials_paransaspects.html :smile:

amandajoie

If those aren't displayed it's because I didn't check those stars on astro.com in the drop down box on the lower left hand of the screen. There are soooo many if u include all fixed stars would be confusing and unreadable.

JUPITERASC

If those aren't displayed it's because I didn't check those stars on astro.com in the drop down box on the lower left hand of the screen. There are soooo many if u include all fixed stars would be confusing and unreadable.

additional useful advice from dr. farr
:smile:

Actually you don't need a computer
to calculate the conjunctions in longitude
and parallels in latitude or declination
between the horoscopic points and the stars:

just use the longitude list
and the latitude list
and the declination list
available for printing out from constellationsofwords.com,
and compare these to the longitude/latitude/declination data from your free horoscope
chart print-out from astro.com,
and you'll have all the connections:
will take no more than 30 minutes
(actually much less)
to do this
and you'll have all your connections
(the ones that most of us believe "count" as far as stellar influences are concerned,
ie, conjunction in longitude
and
parallel in declination and latitude)

JUPITERASC

by the way
mdinaz comments
that with reference to fixed stars aspects to natal :smile:

Should be conjunctions only and less than one degree. Does yours fit this requirement?
and dr, farr agrees
I agree, that only conjunctions (or Parallels of declination) should be considered;

however I use a somewhat more flexible ORB for conjunction,

depending upon the magnitude (brightness)
of the specific star:

1st magnitude stars: 3 degrees

2nd and 3rd magnitude stars: 2 degrees

4th, 5th magnitude stars and nebulae: 1 degree

For Parallel of declination,
I use from 1 to 1.5 degrees as the orb
(with 1st magnitude stars, extending up to 2 degrees)

Matrix1

Last thing for example if someone has Sun in Taurus in degree of Algol, 26th degree, isn't that a real fixed star, unlike me who hasn't got any taurus placed in 26th degree in any of planets nor asteroids but i still have algol in my chart, how?

amandajoie

Because it falls at roughly 26 taurus, so would be in your ninth house. It tries your north node. This is the fixed star that most astrologers consider the worst most malevolent fixed star so it's a good thing to not have it conjunct anything. It might be parallel by declination though, I didn't look at the declinations. It figures in a lot of murder event charts, and is associated with losing ones head. I knew a guy with the moon conjunct agol and opposite mercury and other personal planets. He's in prison now.

JUPITERASC

Last thing for example

if someone has Sun in Taurus in degree of Algol, 26th degree, isn't that a real fixed star,

unlike me

who hasn't got any taurus placed in 26th degree in any of planets

nor asteroids but i still have algol in my chart,

how?
Keep in mind that 26 degree of Taurus appears in EVERYONE'S natal chart :smile:

HOWEVER
as you have correctly realised

UNLESS a planet or important chart factor is located at that degree in the natal chart

THEN
the fixed star Algol is not relevant to that particular natal chart

BECAUSE
as dr. farr and mdinaz have already advised
:

'.....only conjunctions to fixed stars
(or Parallels of declination) to fixed stars
should be considered....'

Matrix1

Jupiterasc, are you then saying that when as I've put example Sun in taurus 26th degree, that is conjuction or?

JUPITERASC

Jupiterasc, are you then saying that when as I've put
example Sun in taurus 26th degree,
that is conjuction or
?
Correct Matrix1 :smile:
Sun in Taurus 26th degree is conjunct Fixed Star Algol by longitude

AND

ANY PLANET
LOCATED AT Taurus 26th degree is conjunct Fixed Star Algol by longitude

INFORMATION IS SOURCED FROM
http://www.constellationsofwords.com/stars/Stars_alphabet.htm a link that connects to a webpage
with a left margin displaying hundreds of Fixed Stars in Alphabetical Order.
Scroll down and select required star/any star from left margin and click on for details of that star

EXAMPLE

Fixed star: ALGOL
Constellation: Beta (β) Perseus

Longitude 1900: 24TAU46
Longitude 2000: 26TAU10

Declination 1900: +40.34'
Declination 2000: +40.57'

Right ascension: 03h 08m

Latitude: +22.25'

Spectral class: B8
Magnitude: 2.1 VAR

Matrix1

Woah, thanks Jupiterasc! Btw, would you mind check and tell me what fixed stars do I have in conjuction, if I have one? xD