Are the sun an moon in aspects powerful?

Shea226

In an attempt to read my birth chart I decided I would start with the pyramid thing witch later I found out was my aspects. While doing research on multiple sights I found that, accordin to these sights, the sun an moon are very powerful aspects on the chart exspacialy when it's something like on my chart, sun square moon. I was woundering if this is true and if so, why are they so strong?

IleneK

Premium Member
In an attempt to read my birth chart I decided I would start with the pyramid thing witch later I found out was my aspects. While doing research on multiple sights I found that, accordin to these sights, the sun an moon are very powerful aspects on the chart exspacialy when it's something like on my chart, sun square moon. I was woundering if this is true and if so, why are they so strong?

The Sun symbolizes our sense of purpose and our identity.

The Moon connects us to our body, our family and our home. It is our inner feeling life.

When the fundamental elements of the chart, the Sun and the Moon, are at odds by being squared, often one planet's meaning is developed and the other is not. This can be a problema for one's inner well-being and also it can affect how we relate to others as well.

With Sun-Moon squares, usually, the Sun develops and the Moon is ignored or repressed. Then our feelings, our connection to our bodies and to our families, are ignored, and it can cause a great deal of suffering. So what is really important is to pay particular attention to your feelings. See how you feel, especially when you are sad, and be always aware to give yourself the private time to express your sadness or tears. That will help a lot with a Sun-Moon square.

Last edited:

kimbermoon

If I might expand: indeed the interplay between the Sun and Moon in the chart should be considered carefully; not only represent the inner playing out of the yin-yang energies, it also relates directly to our reactions to early childhood conditioning and imprinting. It can tell us much about the parental relationship, which then sets up our own parameters for later domestic relationships we re-create for ourselves. this interplay also relates the Phase of the Moon at birth which can offer insights into the type of consciousness we build upon while under the influence of the parents, before socialization begins to set in.

Southpaw

Banned
The Sun symbolizes our sense of purpose and our identity.

The Moon connects us to our body, our family and our home. It is our inner feeling life.

When the fundamental elements of the chart, the Sun and the Moon, are at odds by being squared, often one planet's meaning is developed and the other is not. This can be a problema for one's inner well-being and also it can affect how we relate to others as well.

With Sun-Moon squares, usually, the Sun develops and the Moon is ignored or repressed. Then our feelings, our connection to our bodies and to our families, are ignored, and it can cause a great deal of suffering. So what is really important is to pay particular attention to your feelings. See how you feel, especially when you are sad, and be always give yourself the private time to express your sadness or tears. That will help a lot with a Sun-Moon square.

interesting insight

I found that I can ignore my connection to my body and don't talk to my family too much. Many people behave like fat kids always needing to eat immediately upon waking up and can't sleep their way through a hungry stomach, I can. I also tend to avoid junk such as sweets or buying meaningless little delicacies for snacks.

Then my Moon isn't even in a sign that feels much to begin with, and my gender isn't the feeling one.

Plus the Sun takes priority in the life of a man.

Last edited:

stainedBlue

interesting insight

I found that I can ignore my connection to my body and don't talk to my family too much. Many people behave like fat kids always needing to eat immediately upon waking up and can't sleep their way through a hungry stomach, I can. I also tend to avoid junk such as sweets or buying meaningless little delicacies for snacks.

Then my Moon isn't even in a sign that feels much to begin with, and my gender isn't the feeling one.

Plus the Sun takes priority in the life of a man.

The Sun doesn't necessarily take priority over the Moon, nor the Moon over the Sun. I think a lot of it would depend on the condition and placement of both luminaries to determine which is going to 'shine' more. Having a square in the natal chart suggests the parents weren't getting along well at or around the time of birth. I think another factor would be which parent was more influential during the early years. At the root of this square is a tension between inner security and outer expression of will. Indulging in either undermines the other. Some things that will help is to realize it isn't an either-or situation, both play a vital part in the native's life. We can look to the Moon to learn a lot about early conditioning, security needs, and instinctual desires. Saturn would indicate how we actually go about meeting these needs, though. With the Sun and its condition, we can learn more about what we're trying to express and how.

Southpaw

Banned
The Sun doesn't necessarily take priority over the Moon, nor the Moon over the Sun. I think a lot of it would depend on the condition and placement of both luminaries to determine which is going to 'shine' more. Having a square in the natal chart suggests the parents weren't getting along well at or around the time of birth. I think another factor would be which parent was more influential during the early years. At the root of this square is a tension between inner security and outer expression of will. Indulging in either undermines the other. Some things that will help is to realize it isn't an either-or situation, both play a vital part in the native's life. We can look to the Moon to learn a lot about early conditioning, security needs, and instinctual desires. Saturn would indicate how we actually go about meeting these needs, though. With the Sun and its condition, we can learn more about what we're trying to express and how.
Let me ask you something. When a planet is really afflicted does that make it less influential, or does it just have a harder time expressing itself?

My Sun has good reception by the other planets in my chart, but the Moon is raped.

I remember reading about how a square between the luminaries suggest your parents didn't get along well, and thought how true for my case. It's still like that to this day.

stainedBlue

Let me ask you something. When a planet is really afflicted does that make it less influential, or does it just have a harder time expressing itself?

My Sun has good reception by the other planets in my chart, but the Moon is raped.

Without looking at the chart, my initial thought would be that you're more aware of your needs. The harder aspects make us more aware of what the planets in question are seeking, and with your Moon in conflict with multiple planets I would take that as an indication that you're that much more aware of what your Moon needs. Oppositions in particular would complicate matters, as usually only one planet is identified with, and the other planet in the opposition we use other people as a hook to hang it on -- though this isn't always the case.