Sun/Moon Conjunct and Parallel + Opposite and Contraparallel AC - Polarizing?

DisPater

Hi.

Having looked into my chart and read a bit about declinations, I've discovered that my Sun and Moon, which are conjunct, are also parallel (I was born during an eclipse); furthermore, they are both opposite and contraparallel to my AC and conjunct and parallel to my DC. This is with a 1° orb.

If I expand the orb to about 1.2°, the Sun and Moon also become parallel to my MC, contraparallel to my IC and contraparallel to my North Node, to which they are also opposite.

What are your thoughts on the blend of conjunctions, oppositions, parallels and contraparallels referred to? Do you think it would have a polarizing effect on the personality, pushing the energies between the Sun/Moon and AC?

Also, if the topic interests you, how would the connection to the North Node, IC and MC effect things? I'm still somewhat of a novice when it comes to astrology, so I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on this subject.

Thanks!

*Tl;dr* :--- I am curious about the declinations and aspects referred to in the title.

david starling

Since the subject of Parallels has been recently energized by dr. farr, this fairly old thread caught my attention. It asks some good questions, especially about the connection to the Lunar Nodes. Just one thing: How can the Sun and Moon be Parallel to the Desc, and at the same time be Contraparallel to the Asc, since these are opposite ends of a line in the same plane? Am I visualizing it wrongly, or is it a misstatement? :unsure: Also, isn't the Asc/Desc line ALWAYS contained within the Ecliptic, which is the Sun's (apparent) orbital path? It's an important question, because I'm under the impression that any orbit Parallel to the Sun's, is ALSO automatically N. or S. Parallel to any points measured along the Ecliptic, including the Angles and the nodes. And, if the Moon and Sun were Parallel on one side of the Celestial Equator, then they'd have to be Parallel on the other side (N. or S.) also, allowing for the 1 degree Orb. Unless I'm mistaken! The Moon, orbiting the Earth as it does, might be something of a wildcard.

Last edited: