Will i get into the army?

scorpittarian

I attend a regular college and I just realised, like a few days back, that a major in journalism and travel and tourism is not what i want to do. I've always been fascinated with the defense and I've made up my mind to go for it. But then the future looks kind off bleak......so

I really really want to know if i will get into the army?

My significators are the moon and mars.

But then i'm confused whether it's saturn or mercury that represents the job.
is it the 6th or the 10th that holds sway over military services?

can anyone help me proceed with the chart?

16th January,2012
12:05 pm
Bangalore, india

Anachiel

OK, I'll say what I see here.

Interestingly, someone asking about wanting to be in the Army would be signified by Mars. Apt, very apt. Mars is even in the 6th house where he joys.

Mercury, lord of the 6th, is about to trine Mars so, that would normally be a "yes", you would be accepted. Especially since there is a mutual reception between the two of them. However, this isn't a normal chart. The Moon is in the Via Combusta and that gives gives me some pause here. I wouldn't run out right-away and do it. There are a few other things in the chart that suggest you have other options you might be considering.

Are you actually asking if you should apply or have you already applied?

Last edited:

Culpeper

Premium Member
You always consider the ruler of the 6th house when the question is about military service so Mercury is significator. Mars your significator is in the 6th house. Mars is in its joy and has two mutual receptions with Mercury. Mars is also in trine aspect with the Sun in the 10th house. Mars is natural significator of the army.

The Moon your second significator is almost exactly conjunct the fixed star Spica and Arcturus. This is a very good luck position for the Moon which might otherwise be considered in a bad place. The Moon is applying to Saturn the ruler of the 10th house. Saturn has essential dignity of exaltation which is always good for military service.

The answer is yes. You are certain to be accepted and will have a successful military career.

scorpittarian

My question wasn't whether I should or should not apply.
It's whether I will be able to get into the army this year or not. The entrance test's in april.
I'm scared I won't be able to pass the physical test. My stamina isn't all that great when it comes to running miles. However, I've started working on it.
And the next sad thing is that i'm extremely fickle. I might change my mind altogether.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_horary.23145.7648.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_horary.23145.7648.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 15

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

-querent = 1st house = Aries = Mars
-quesited A = 10th house (career, profession) = Capricorn = Saturn
-quesited B = 6th house (job, service, ie service say to one's country, ie, military service) = 6th house = Virgo = Mercury
-Mars posited in 6th house = + testimony
-Mars flows toward Saturn = + testimony
-Mercury posited in 10th house = + testimony
-querent's co-significator, the Moon, flows toward Saturn and toward Mercury, and applies to conjunction with Saturn = + testimony
-Saturn in a pitted degree of Libra (might show delay in entry and/or blockage of advancement in the military if followed as a profession) = - testimony

Results:
Positive = +4 testimonies
Negative = -1 testimony
Net = + 3 testimonies
...which indicates a yes answer to this question IF the querent (Mars = Will) desires it to be so (ie, goes through with it)