How do I find out what karma I have

shylioness

Hey Everyone, I'm new to the Astrologers community. I'm interested in knowing thy self. Can anyone shed some light on what type of person I was in a past life, what karmic debt I have pay. When will I be done paying my Karmic debt off? Also, I notice that I'm always attracting married men or men that are in relationships. Why is that?

Attachments

• my natal chart.jpg
    my natal chart.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I mean what Karmic debts do I have
'karma' means 'action'
It's common knowledge that 'actions' have consequences
- hence 'karmas' aka 'actions' have consequences
So it's not so much 'karmic debt' as 'karmic consequences'

aka consequences of actions.
'karma' aka 'action' is clearly based on the law of consequence
:smile:

QUOTE:
“The word karma refers to a basic teaching of theosophy by which it is able to explain the meaning of human life and resolve its enigmas and seeming injustices. It's a Sanskrit term expressing tersely the principle of action and reaction, or the law of consequences. This word and the idea which it embodies are now quite commonly used in fiction and philosophy, cinema and drama. Karma is a law of unerring, never-failing justice, the workings of which stretch from the atom to the uttermost and innermost cosmic spaces; from the birth of a thought to that of a universe....”

“In the New Testament, the action of karma is formulated in the well-known words of Paul in his Epistle to the Galatians 6:7:

'For whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.'

Yet while it has been thus forcibly expressed by the great Christian apostle and initiate, the Christian nations, crippled by the lack of any real philosophy of life, have failed to understand the profound meaning in this formulation of the law of ethical justice. Overlooking its far-reaching action, they have accepted it superficially only and not as a working hypothesis on mental and spiritual planes....”

“The law of action and reaction is evident in the physical world and our lives are unconsciously guided by our sense of its infallibility. Day follows night, as death follows life. Certain common principles of mechanics expressing this law are understood and acted upon instinctively, even by children. Law and order are the rule everywhere and are constantly readjusting the disorder which ignorance and carelessness produce. The presence of this law of logical results following upon action is plainly revealed over the whole range of external nature, yet the Western world has failed to realize its universal reign..." Gertrude van Pelt

9k=
ndw0172l.jpg
images

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Hey Everyone, I'm new to the Astrologers community. I'm interested in knowing thy self. Can anyone shed some light on what type of person I was in a past life, what karmic debt I have pay. When will I be done paying my Karmic debt off? Also, I notice that I'm always attracting married men or men that are in relationships. Why is that?
There ARE those who say there are ways to help erase the effects of past 'karmas' or actions.

EXAMPLE QUOTE

“Mantras are powerful sound vibrations capable of transforming energy at all levels of creation affecting mental, subtle planes of consciousness, reaching subconscious level where karmic patterns are stored. The practice of mantra increases concentration, memory, purifies our heart and helps erase the effects of past karma. Proper recitation of mantras and chants helps invoke the latent power within us and can bless us in every facet of our life.

• proper pronunciation is the key. We all have different accents – that's not a problem – however mispronunciation changes the meaning and nullifies the very effect you wish to produce!....” http://namahom.org/writings_blog.php?entry_id=969

Because 'actions' aka 'karmas' have consequences, then it seems that the experience of the effects of past 'karmas'/'actions' are inevitable

HOWEVER it also seems a reasonable idea that potentially 'unwanted consequences' could be alleviated by some method...

although the particular method chosen is a matter of individual preference.

Some say that t
he simple idea of 'wanting to atone' in some way for one's past 'misdeeds' apparently is in itself a step on the way to finding ways to do so.

If mantra chanting is not your style, then consider doing some unpaid volunteer work for any charity such as helping the homeless, or planting trees in areas threatened by De-forestation, or rescuing abandoned/mistreated animals – the list is endless!

Most volunteers choose practical areas in which they can offer their services as a volunteer, based on their personal circumstances/available time :smile:

VeryVenus

Astrologically, we determine past karma of what HAS BEEN ACCOMPLISHED (the cup that is filled) and doing it now will lead to self-undoing - your South Node is in 3 Libra. It means you were a judgemental person and in position to judge others . In this lifetime your North Node (or dragon head) is showing you the way in 3 Leo meaning Public Service for House 6 issues - such as Creativity (Leo is a very public and visible position) or in Healthcare (for example being a Nurse). You are not to judge but to help!

IleneK

Premium Member
Astrologically, we determine past karma of what HAS BEEN ACCOMPLISHED (the cup that is filled) and doing it now will lead to self-undoing - your South Node is in 3 Libra. It means you were a judgemental person and in position to judge others . In this lifetime your North Node (or dragon head) is showing you the way in 3 Leo meaning Public Service for House 6 issues - such as Creativity (Leo is a very public and visible position) or in Healthcare (for example being a Nurse). You are not to judge but to help!

I believe you may have meant to say the NN is in Aries, so creativity may not be the watchword you were seeking. Perhaps something like assertion of self, rather than taking the path of least resistance via questing for harmony...?

StillOne

Furthering on what VeryVenus has to say, we can also look to aspects to the South Node for clues. Your Mercury is conjunct your SN. There are squares and oppositions to Mercury and so, then, also to your SN. This could possibly point to an interesting past life karmic situation. Unfortunately, I don't know much about this area. I would encourage you to seek out the book Yesterday's Sky by Steven Forrest who approaches this subject in an easy and enjoyable read.

Zarathu

Account Closed
If on believes that the south node has a measurement of your direction in this life, then you might want to look at an exposition of that by looking at the persona chart for the South Node for this chart.

This comes out to :

March 23, 1988, 10:01 AM at Covington Mills, Georgia. You would be looking for the strongest but least friction producing planets, houses, signs and aspects as just the starting point for looking at a broader interpretation of the energies that should be used to, as my friend Celeste Teal in her epic volume LUNAR NODES describes the South Node as "a cup waiting to be filled up".

In this chart we see that the most powerful least friction planet is Jupiter. We see that the actions of the 12th house and the 6th house are most important, and we see that the energies of Taurus and Scorpio are most significant. the fact that the powerful low friction planets in the chart are all rather low in power means that the chart represents a kids of Square Event, where a consistent fairly small effort over and over again will be necessary to accomplish the goals.

Additionally, we want to avoid dealing with the issues of the Sun Square Saturn since its a lost cause, and be more of the issues around Jupiter Trine Uranus, and Mercury Trine Pluto, and Jupiter Trine Saturn.

We should be aware that Uranus' attempts to be free will be counter productive to fulfilling Karma for this life, since while Uranus is not comparatively powerful, it is slightly frictionful, and out of bounds by declination, as well as believe that its in a crises mode all the time because of being in a critical degree.

The chart show so much more......IF you believe that the south node shows your karmic destiny.

Last edited:

VeryVenus

I believe you may have meant to say the NN is in Aries, so creativity may not be the watchword you were seeking. Perhaps something like assertion of self, rather than taking the path of least resistance via questing for harmony...?

Yes I stand corrected! Thanks Ilene - I am suffering the effect of allergies today! 3 oclock here in CA and still very foggy in spite of 3 medications... It's in fact Aries which means self assertion; working with metal or assertive profession ; and also as another poster added, you can look at aspects to Nodes, Any parallels to Nodes that will support and give more insight.

kimbermoon

I like to think of karma as that which binds us to this physical reality...we are here to experience and to learn...as such, if we were to know what out are so-called debts are, we would really understand the true meaning and purposes of life...it is only through physical experience that we can confront the limitations that serve to restrain us, and then to find ways to discharge the energy and the themes involved. Alas, we cannot really know for sure what we are attempting to heal, and that makes for great difficulty in trying to solve the puzzles of our lives. Scientific research on the quantum level is beginning to reveal a clue: that our past memories are actually passed down from our ancestors at the cellular level, which is different from our genetic coding: as such the individual is not truly the same person being reincarnated over and again, since we come in with a whole new system of perspectives, beliefs and value systems, which now must be collated with the one who came before. As such it is not about punishing us for misdeeds, it is about allowing us the opportunity to release these inner fears, abuses and misunderstandings that often paralyze us from moving ahead. From this perspective, I am beginning to understand that we, as the essence of the greater self of spirit, do not actually reincarnate in the ways that are generally implied. We do take on a new persona, to give it another try, but it is only really the remembrance of past ancestors that serves as the foundation; their memories are transferred to us, so that we may try to overcome the challenges, but from a different way, as a new persona. Thus when presented with the challenges of the patterns we carry forth, we are actually working for the greater good of all, rather than simply for ourselves...and the goal is towards evolution of the consciousness. As we see, there is much to be done to correct the assaults against both the earth and the spirit, which are the results of all these negativities in the world that has been created for us, and through us. In the chart, Saturn is often a primary significator of karma; in turn, yes, we can then look to the Nodes for insight about our personal destiny as well. Chiron points to what we need to personally heal. The power of Pluto is also involved in the analysis because from a different perspective it also represents the Soul and it is the Soul that is so in need of healing, so as to not continue repeating the mistakes of the past. You are in fact simply reliving one of the patterns of the past, whereby the theme is about always connecting with others who are unavailable. One must question why the psyche would choose such a program. I think the lessons are about trust and fidelity; you will then be challenged by being constantly tempted by these types as to whether you would agree to engage in such dishonesty and betrayal, or whether you will look elsewhere, for the benefit of those who are in fact being betrayed by such actions.

JUPITERASC

dr. farr's thread:
"A Technique For Erecting A Past Life Astrological Chart" may have answers at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24455 :smile:

OneHorseFarms

I would encourage you to seek out the book Yesterday's Sky by Steven Forrest who approaches this subject in an easy and enjoyable read.

I absolutely love Yesterday's Sky and if you are seeking out the knowledge from past life mistakes (aka karmic consequences) that book can help unwrap clues to where you came from. It really helped me!

If I were to take a guess I would say, that with a 12th house Libra South Node, conjunct Mercury and sextile to Leo Lilith in the 9th... that you were a spiritual leader for your tribe/community, one who was deeply regarded for your communication skills and with a good relationship to the powerful/wild energy queen (or maybe a female priest?)... but that you were in conflict with a mystic communicator... but houses and signs have various keywords that could paint a different picture entirely so this is only a guess. ;)

The thing to remember about your South Node is that it can be used as the tool/skill you were naturally born with and to really truly evolve in life you should take that tool/skill and provide it to the North Node side.

So again, as just a wild guess, I would say to take your natural spiritual (12 house) talents and get creative and romantic with them. :) :D

Lenzites betulina

Interesting parts of your chart:

Asteroid Karma conjunct planetoid Orcus at 8 degrees Leo - Right on your MC.

Neptune square Lunar Nodes.

Chiron conjunct Varuna in Gemini, 8th house.

Pholus in 0 degrees Gemini conjunct Part of Fortune in 29 taurus, 7th house.

Moon conjunct Eris in Aries, 6th house.

Pluto opposite Sedna(generational influence).