Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Fixed stars, asteroids and other cosmic objects

Fixed stars, asteroids and other cosmic objects For astrology talks on fixed stars, Chiron, Sedna, Eris or any other newly discovered or little known cosmic object.

Unread 08-31-2014, 02:57 PM

Question What does Nessus mean in Astrology?

If anyone could explain it in a few words - or many - that'd be lovely! Nessus is an asteroid right?

Neptunia

Unread 08-31-2014, 04:04 PM
Account Closed

Re: What does Nessus mean in Astrology?

Asteroids don't mean anything themselves, they use their meaning to augment and spice up the chart itself.

There is no way to tell how it impacts you unless you are really just looking for a textbook definition, in which case I'd be happy to recommend a book.

Otherwise we would need to see a chart.
Unread 08-31-2014, 07:50 PM
Account Closed

http://zarathuastrology.zohosites.co...ed-To-Own.html

I PM'd you.
Unread 09-03-2014, 04:25 AM

Nothing to worry about, it's too small to influence anything.

Jim
Unread 09-03-2014, 03:04 PM
Account Closed

Asteroids have no influence because they have no LIFE, IMO. However, they can add spice to an interpretation by giving minor signposts to influences that do have LIFE.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zarathu For This Useful Post:
haidee (07-17-2016), Neptunia (09-26-2014), StillOne (11-18-2015)
Unread 08-25-2015, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
Asteroids have no influence because they have no LIFE, IMO. However, they can add spice to an interpretation by giving minor signposts to influences that do have LIFE.
I think they shows off in person's life.People embody the asteroid their sensitive points conjunct.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to theV For This Useful Post:
ALRESCHA (10-03-2015), Neptunia (08-26-2015), StillOne (11-18-2015)
Unread 09-15-2015, 01:12 PM

The only close aspect it makes in your chart is a conjunction to your descendant, the cusp of your 7th house of "other people" often meaning your partner. Do you find that you meet people who try to exert force over you, push you around?...... that is one classic meaning of Nessus....someone who wants his own way.
Unread 09-15-2015, 04:15 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea View Post
The only close aspect it makes in your chart is a conjunction to your descendant, the cusp of your 7th house of "other people" often meaning your partner. Do you find that you meet people who try to exert force over you, push you around?...... that is one classic meaning of Nessus....someone who wants his own way.
I have Nessus closely conjunct my DC, and that hasn't been my experience at all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
Erickaf (08-15-2017), Sweet Pea (09-16-2015)
Unread 10-03-2015, 11:08 AM

Osamenor, do you think that it could mean that is somewhat the other way around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theV View Post
I think they shows off in person's life.People embody the asteroid their sensitive points conjunct.
I've started my research on this thing last night. My conclusion is that this thing must not ever be neglected already.
Unread 10-03-2015, 01:49 PM

Since Nessus is supposed mischievous, sexually perverted it supposed to shown strongly in sex crimes. But it didn't in famous sex offenders and molesters. I think Sedna has shown to be strong in these cases.

Last edited by theV; 10-03-2015 at 01:51 PM.
Unread 10-03-2015, 06:58 PM

I see.

It's not necessarily about sex in some charts I've looked at... the myth pattern is always there, the Nessus person secretly wants to gain something for themselves to better their own situation or sort some old, private things out, the areas, of course, being the planet(s) and the hous(es) involved. They have a wound to heal and they think they can do that by harming the planet person. The time the planet person finds out isn't too late, but, it backfires because the Nessus person already did enough harm

It is motivated and secretive like Pluto, unpredictable like Uranus and determined and calculative like Saturn, very, very scary. It's not evil, but sad, impulsive and blinded by its need

Last edited by ALRESCHA; 10-03-2015 at 07:06 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ALRESCHA For This Useful Post:
Neptunia (10-05-2015), R4VEN (02-08-2016)
Unread 10-03-2015, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALRESCHA View Post
I see.

It's not necessarily about sex in some charts I've looked at... the myth pattern is always there, the Nessus person secretly wants to gain something for themselves to better their own situation or sort some old, private things out, the areas, of course, being the planet(s) and the hous(es) involved. They have a wound to heal and they think they can do that by harming the planet person. The time the planet person finds out isn't too late, but, it backfires because the Nessus person already did enough harm

It is motivated and secretive like Pluto, unpredictable like Uranus and determined and calculative like Saturn, very, very scary. It's not evil, but sad, impulsive and blinded by its need
Nice to see you have done a research because all what I've read Nessus is sexual related. I could see all the energies of these planets blend in Nessus good work!
The Following User Says Thank You to theV For This Useful Post:
ALRESCHA (10-03-2015)
Unread 10-03-2015, 07:20 PM

Yeah, it's not Nessus that does the Nessus work, it's the planet it aspects that is driven and the area of life is the house it occupies. The planet and the house combined represent the hole it wants to fill with the gain that is the other person's planet. So it will try to get something it can't, and the cause of the problem has noting to do with the other person. The sacrifice it wants is the planet afflicted in the other person's chart. So, much like a rapist. It wants to take whatever the other person's planet represents and carry it to the hole to fill it using the planet Nessus aspects natally. Once that's uncovered, the Nessus person reacts the same way their driven planet does. If it's Mars, Venus, Pluto, then it could be about sex.

I am very confused about Centaurs, I don't know what orbs to use. I always underestimate Chiron and I learn this the hard way, I hope this guy is not as significant.

Last edited by ALRESCHA; 10-03-2015 at 09:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ALRESCHA For This Useful Post:
theV (10-03-2015)
Unread 10-03-2015, 10:55 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Osamenor, do you think that it could mean that is somewhat the other way around?
I don't understand your question. What do you mean by "it," and what do you mean by "that is somewhat the other way around"?
Unread 10-03-2015, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
I don't understand your question. What do you mean by "it," and what do you mean by "that is somewhat the other way around"?
Thank you for asking, little bear

by 'it' I mean the fact that it's on the cusp of your DC, 'the other way around' meaning that you sometimes try to exert force over them a little? does it aspect any planets?

I hope that you won't misunderstand and take this personally We're all but human
Unread 10-03-2015, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Yeah, it's not Nessus that does the Nessus work, it's the planet it aspects that is driven and the area of life is the house it occupies. The planet and the house combined represent the hole it wants to fill with the gain that is the other person's planet. So it will try to get something it can't, and the cause of the problem has noting to do with the other person. The sacrifice it wants is the planet afflicted in the other person's chart. So, much like a rapist. It wants to take whatever the other person's planet represents and carry it to the hole to fill it using the planet Nessus aspects natally. Once that's uncovered, the Nessus person reacts the same way their driven planet does. If it's Mars, Venus, Pluto, then it could be about sex.

I am very confused about Centaurs, I don't know what orbs to use. I always underestimate Chiron and I learn this the hard way, I hope this guy is not as significant.
So The planet is like Deianeira?
Unread 10-03-2015, 11:27 PM

Quote:
So The planet is like Deianeira?
yes, it is.
Unread 10-04-2015, 12:15 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
by 'it' I mean the fact that it's on the cusp of your DC, 'the other way around' meaning that you sometimes try to exert force over them a little?
I wouldn't say try to, but perhaps I exert some force sometimes without trying. I don't know. I also have Capricorn rising and Pluto square my AC/DC, which I would think would make for a somewhat forceful personality. I'm a Leo sun, too... I don't know if I'd say Leos are necessarily forceful, but there's typically something expansive about us.

Quote:
does it aspect any planets?
It forms a tight but out of sign trine with Uranus and a loose square with Pluto.
The Following User Says Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
ALRESCHA (10-04-2015)
Unread 10-04-2015, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
I wouldn't say try to, but perhaps I exert some force sometimes without trying. I don't know. I also have Capricorn rising and Pluto square my AC/DC, which I would think would make for a somewhat forceful personality. I'm a Leo sun, too... I don't know if I'd say Leos are necessarily forceful, but there's typically something expansive about us.

It forms a tight but out of sign trine with Uranus and a loose square with Pluto.
I don't know about the rest of the chart, but that alone tells me I wouldn't want to anger you, little bear

It could all mean that it's your way or no way, sometimes. Hint: Pluto often struggles for what it already has. And Saturn always seeks security.

Perhaps it's a little hard for you to forgive. We're here to clean our karma, not to retaliate.

Studying this thing is good, because that can help prevent us from letting it overpower us and stop us from presenting the pray to the hole. I can see how it has to do with the progressions. My lesson involving Nessus is being repeated the third time in a year, the pattern is generally the same thanks to Nessus, so I wonder why does it repeat even though I peacefully accepted paying the price to a person's Mars and Saturn once already. I actually felt relieved. Still, paying again seems scary and just too much. They always take what the planet person holds precious thinking that the hole will somehow exchange a smooth aspect to their driven planet in return. No matter what anyone thinks, the hole is never the better opposite side than the driven planet or the other person's planet.
Unread 10-04-2015, 10:42 AM

Asteroids explains further pattern in your chart, they reinforce some of the aspect you have. For example, if you have a strong pluto, you will have strong dark asteroids to reinforce your plutonian personality. If you have moon/pluto aspect, you will other dark asteroids in connection to moon to explains the moon/pluto patterns.

I have Moon wide orb 7 conjunct Pluto contra parallel Lilith. I have a total bad *** scorpion mom, and my moon is pretty plutonian. I noticed dark themed asteroids parallel conjunct contra parallel my moon to explains the moon/pluto aspect.

Last edited by theV; 10-04-2015 at 02:37 PM.
Unread 10-04-2015, 02:15 PM

My personal observation is that the Moon never acts, it only reacts. It is the purest, most delicate object in charts.
Unread 10-04-2015, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Asteroids explains further pattern in your chart, they reinforce some of the aspect you have. For example, if you have a strong pluto, you will have strong dark asteroids to reinforce your plutonian personality. If you have moon/pluto aspect, you will other dark asteroids in connection to moon to explains the moon/pluto patterns.
Wait. How well have you studied Centaurs? I think they are different than asteroids, and to me they are very confusing. I would like to know how often do you notice it not being active despite closely aspecting essential placements?

I don't deem people "dangerous" or whatnot if they have a strong Pluto. It's more of a strong Saturn placement that makes me worry sometimes. Still not scary enough

I only just begun exploring this one, but, I understood that linking it to sex is misunderstanding right away. That is just a metaphor.

For me, they only ever preyed on my words
Unread 10-04-2015, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Wait. How well have you studied Centaurs? I think they are different than asteroids, and to me they are very confusing. I would like to know how often do you notice it not being active despite closely aspecting essential placements?

I don't deem people "dangerous" or whatnot if they have a strong Pluto. It's more of a strong Saturn placement that makes me worry sometimes. Still not scary enough

I only just begun exploring this one, but, I understood that linking it to sex is misunderstanding right away. That is just a metaphor.

For me, they only ever preyed on my words
Oh I totally missed it. I though I was posting on Asteroids because I had it opened, A wrong post for the wrong topic. Sorry!!

I think this is a great sight to study centaurs and tno http://www.astrologicaldepth.com/CIntro.htm
The Following User Says Thank You to theV For This Useful Post:
ALRESCHA (10-04-2015)
Unread 10-05-2015, 06:19 PM

Quote:
My personal observation is that the Moon never acts, it only reacts. It is the purest, most delicate object in charts.
I quite like that saying..

What is the most important part of a birth chart? The one who has to carry it around everyday, of course!
Unread 10-05-2015, 07:15 PM

Thank you! I LOVE your signature!

Tags
astrology, nessus