12th House Enigma?

Neptunia

Thank you for all the replies~~

I hope others have found this thread useful, just like myself! :)

Last edited:

miquar

Hi Neptunia. Neptune is indeed very strong in your chart, adding to the 12th house emphasis. have you read 'The Astrology of Self-discovery' by Tracy Marks? She has a lot to say about Neptune which might interest you.

Its interesting that you have a strong emphasis on the first quarter of the zodiac, which suggests that you are moved to blossom as a unique and self-contained individual. And yet the strength of Neptune and the 12th house suggests that you can never really do anything purely for yourself - that you are involved in a process of emptying your consciousness so that you experience the unity of all life.

JUPITERASC

I didn't really know what to call this thread so I just followed my first thought. I should have probably called it: Feel like going deep down into the subconscious depths someone?!

Hello! :) I'm pretty new here, but I love it so far.
This is just another 'Read my chart' thing.. so if you want to give it a go.. go right in!
If you have any questions, ask away:)

- Neptunia

P.S I can write down the aspects if it'll make it easier. But there is a picture for those as well.
Anyone writing anything about my chart, I am really grateful for that already!
12th HOUSE
Main Rulerships :smile:

'......12th house represents hidden matters, restrained, secret,
incapable of action or of being fully understood.
Traditionally, however, it is a wholly unfortunate house,
associated with sad events, sorrow, anguish of mind, tribulation,
captivity, imprisonment, persecution, hard labour, all manner of affliction and self-undoing.
It represents places that are denied access to public view,
particularly those concerned with seclusion or isolation,
or where one is restricted from living a carefree life-style,
such as institutions or prisons.
Many sources attribute monasteries to the 12th house as places of isolation,
but otherwise monks and nuns belong to the 9th house
which represents religious concerns......'
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h12.html

'....12TH HOUSE has rulership over scandals generally, personal fears
and skeletons in the family closet.
Its significations include secret, unknown enemies,
such men as maliciously undermine their neighbours
or inform secretly against them:
traitors, spies
weakness, infirmity and bondage.

It also rules great cattle, such as horses, oxen, elephants,
of which Ezra notes "Those which serve as a mount for men".....'

kimbermoon

All those personal planets in the 12th H are apt to make you rather insular by nature; afflictions to the Moon suggest past emotional blockages that can serve to limit your expression in the outer world. You are lacking in water so this again points to emotional difficulties.
Pluto opposing the Sun; past crisis or trauma leaving you feeling scarred or filled with fears;[victimization or abuse]; difficulty defining yourself and finding your place in the world
Saturn/Venus denotes hardships in life, both socially and financially. The love of living has been denied or repressed. What do you fear about living?
Mars sq Uranus; instability and unpredictability in life; erratic or rebellious actions; impulsiveness, rashness. Mars in Taurus can be determined, but also stubborn or bullish. Your path in life is uncertain.

Perhaps you have to really push yourself to get out there and experience the world. Saturn in Aries often lacks the confidence needed to really take the lead in controlling your own life.

What mysteries or secrets are kept hidden from public view? What holds you back from enjoyment and pleasure? What vexes you most at this point?

Neptunia

Hi Neptunia. Neptune is indeed very strong in your chart, adding to the 12th house emphasis. have you read 'The Astrology of Self-discovery' by Tracy Marks? She has a lot to say about Neptune which might interest you.

Its interesting that you have a strong emphasis on the first quarter of the zodiac, which suggests that you are moved to blossom as a unique and self-contained individual. And yet the strength of Neptune and the 12th house suggests that you can never really do anything purely for yourself - that you are involved in a process of emptying your consciousness so that you experience the unity of all life.

Thank you! =)
I've always felt like my destiny is to help others and just be there for someone. But I can't deny that I've also wanted to shine as an individual. Beautiful respond you had :)

miquar

Hi. Thanks or your response. Yes, its as though you have to blossom as yourself, but that you will be blown here and there in answer to the needs of life itself, rather than orienting yourself according to personal whims. Relishing mindfully in the joy of being can be enough to inspire others to become clearer channels for life; this kind of inspiration is a wonderful gift for those who are receptive to it.

Neptunia

You have even more planets in the 12th house than I do! Do you lead a very private, secluded life?

I do lead a very private & secluded life. And more often than not.. it feels like 'endings' are following me around. I seem to always have to experience endings in a painful way. But I guess it's just the way I look at it?

How many planets do you have in this weird, mysterious, beautiful.. weird.. house? :)

JUPITERASC

DANA GERHART says of the 12th house :smile:

'......“There is karma here.
That means bad things will happen to bad people.
Even good people will suffer misfortune.
This house can bring frustration, anxiety, confinement, and loss
also slavery,
sickness,
and
imprisonment.
It rules hospitals, prisons, mental institutions,
and
monasteries (the kind you were sent to when the family wanted to keep you from public view).

The 12th also rules hidden enemies.
These are the evil doers you don’t even know about,
like the smiling beautician who Moonlights as a sorcerer,
and
is even now sticking pins into a voodoo doll tied with a strand of your hair”....'

JUPITERASC

ex-President George W Bush
is a Tropical Leo Ascendant
with a 12th house Tropical Cancer Sun

George W Bush is famous - despite NO PLANETS IN TENTH HOUSE

HOWEVER

notice that G W Bush's natal Sun, although in 12th - crucially is conjunct the powerful FIXED STAR SIRIUS
:smile:

'….Sun conjunct Sirius
brings success in business,
occupation connected with metals or other martial affairs,
domestic harmony....' source: Robson p209

'….Well connected, it promises fame, honors and riches.

Sirius in conjunction with the Sun
and
well placed in the chart
will be found to be the case with numerous important and famous personalities.
Possibly, the rise in station is made possible by protection from
people of influence.
....' source: Fixed Stars and Their Interpretation, Elsbeth Ebertin, 1928, p.38.

Constellations of words comprehensive fixed stars lists
http://www.constellationsofwords.com...tude_order.htm

miquar

Rudhyar associates this house not only with the things catching up with us that have been left undone, but also with the profound sense of fulfilment which results when things have been dealt with in the right way. This is the last of the collective houses - how we experience it depends on how clearly we see our relationship to the greater whole - the universe. If we tend to identify with a particular role within the greater whole, then the negative implications of this catch up with us in the 12th house. If we have been able to open ourselves to a true experience of life, then the 12th house can be experienced as rejuvenating, sustaining and cleansing. When we are haunted by personal ghosts we are haunted by collective ghosts, and we must relinquish our identity in order to find liberation within the 12th house experience of unity.

I have 3 planets in that house plus my moon.
I do lead a very private & secluded life. And more often than not.. it feels like 'endings' are following me around. I seem to always have to experience endings in a painful way. But I guess it's just the way I look at it?

How many planets do you have in this weird, mysterious, beautiful.. weird.. house? :)

I also know what you mean about the endings. I definitely experience more endings than beginnings in addition to being more sensitive to them due to this house. QUOTE=Neptunia;572351]I do lead a very private & secluded life. And more often than not.. it feels like 'endings' are following me around. I seem to always have to experience endings in a painful way. But I guess it's just the way I look at it?

How many planets do you have in this weird, mysterious, beautiful.. weird.. house? :)[/QUOTE]

Bunraku

OMG those houses are huuuge! Huge 12th 6th houses are common for people in high latitudes right?

Try using the whole sign system (it's on astro) and see if it fits you. :)

miquar

Such house distortions occur in high latitudes, becoming greater for any given latitude the closer the ascendant is to a solstitial point (first points of tropical Cancer and Capricorn). When an equinoctial point rises, there is no distortion at any latitude for which the houses system is viable. (Some houses systems cannot be used in the arctic or antarctic circles).

JUPITERASC

I do lead a very private & secluded life.
And more often than not.. it

feels like 'endings' are following me around.

I seem to always have to experience endings in a painful way.

But I guess it's just the way I look at it?
That's interesting
because
a post on a thread at
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=102986#post102986
explains why that is your experience :smile:

The 12th House is an House of Endings.

It's like a water sign only different.
Having those planets there may expand your emotional maturity level.

When delineating aspects you look at:

1) Critical degrees
2) Signs
3) Dignities
4) Houses
5) Rulership

Oppositions can create awareness, balance, cooperation or conflict.

Applying aspects in a natal chart are always your primary concern.
Why?
That should be obvious
since the aspect will become exact by transit, progression and direction later.

Neptunia

I understand you completly there :)
It can be so crucial.

I also know what you mean about the endings. I definitely experience more endings than beginnings in addition to being more sensitive to them due to this house. QUOTE=Neptunia;572351]I do lead a very private & secluded life. And more often than not.. it feels like 'endings' are following me around. I seem to always have to experience endings in a painful way. But I guess it's just the way I look at it?

[/QUOTE]

Neptunia

Do you mean the Equal house system? :) I've tried that, and only a few things makes sense to me :)

OMG those houses are huuuge! Huge 12th 6th houses are common for people in high latitudes right?

Try using the whole sign system (it's on astro) and see if it fits you. :)

StillOne

Do you mean the Equal house system? :) I've tried that, and only a few things makes sense to me :)

At astro.com you can also choose "whole sign" in the House System drop down list in the extended chart selection. A lot of astrologers on this board use this house format.