Lottery

Yoi

Sag Moon said:
Hope for the best and expect the worst.

I do not believe in luck and do not think it is good to have to high of expectations where lotteries are concerned.

We do not know always what is in store for us and it's really not all in our hands if you have faith.

It's not wrong to play a lottery,but think of it as just chance.

Having Ma/Ju square is kind of a hard placement as I have it also. Does not mean anything concerning winning things though.

Those having Ma/Ju conjunct seem to be able to earn money easily.

I have Ma/Ju conjunct, trine Venus and I am horrible at gambling, raffles, stuff involving luck. I attribute this to Saturn in 5th house. I *am* lucky with money per se and it does come to me fairly easily but that's more to do with "luck" in terms of wider life luck - people giving me money, good jobs, favour with superiors etc. My 2nd house ruler, the Moon is in the 1st house - anyone knows what that means?

yelena234

Hello Yoi,

If your ruler of 2nd is in 1st, money is very important to you.

Also means, that you earn money by yourself.

Maybe could be better if ruler of 5th (lotto and games) would be in 1st? Much better would be: the ruler of 5th in 2nd!

Regards and luck by gambling,
Yelena

p.s. I have seen recently that you wrote something to me, one year ago. Description!

Yoi

yelena234 said:
Hello Yoi,

If your ruler of 2nd is in 1st, money is very important to you.

Also means, that you earn money by yourself.

Maybe could be better if ruler of 5th (lotto and games) would be in 1st? Much better would be: the ruler of 5th in 2nd!

Regards and luck by gambling,
Yelena

p.s. I have seen recently that you wrote something to me, one year ago. Description!

Yeah, that might be right :) I'm terrible at gambling.

Money earned by itself? Maybe...But I also have Venus in the 8th house which implies that I get money from partners/others. Jupiter in the 4th house implies material favour from family/parents (which I have to admit is very true...) Not to say that you're wrong - the Moon opposes/squares most of the planets in my chart so it could be a sign of two different things going on.

That's right I remember now. I hope your health problems have gotten better!

On a more general note, what do people think of the role of Saturn in this? I mean I have significant elements of luck in my chart and it does manifest itself quite often, just not in gambling and random chance games. I put this down to Saturn in the 5th house. This might imply that if Saturn directly opposes success in gambling it doesn't matter if you have oh, Jupiter, Mars and Venus all in favourable aspect to each other like me, you're not going to win gambling.

Last edited:

yelena234

Hello Yoi,

I didn't tell you anything wrong. That is Astrology and many people they know me personally they believe me. Other thing is when you don't see the person and you can judge wrong.

Jupiter in 4th means that you have (or will have) big and nice house! I have one friend that has Saturn (as 1st planet) and Jupiter in 4th. She didn't get any money from her parents, because she has married man they didn't like. But she has also Jupiter in 4th and she is going to have a big house (she has just started with that). With good salary and good man she can have it. She is always asking me about that house. I can't see at the moment for myself and less for her, but she will have it. I am not good with timing that is the problem.
I have also Venus in 8th. I have got (before) money from the partner, but most of the time I have to earn money myself. Venus in 8th means some kind of inheritance. There is nothing yet. Beside that my Venus in 8th (ruler of 8th) is in sextile with Mars, ruler of 7th. Here are more indicators for money from the partner. I don't see that at the time. I don't want either. There are more important problems that I have to solve

Yelena

4leafclovah

Ohh, I love these threads:p I have Jupiter conjunct Venus in the 8th(6 degree orb) both of them trining my moon/12th, I have a tight sextile between Mars and Jupiter at 24 degrees( which will soon be activated by transiting Jupiter sextile Uranus), I have Pluto trine 2nd ruler, ascendant ruler in the 8th trine Uranus,ruler of 8th trine ascendant and ruler of the 5th in the 8th. My brother has alot of good aspects: He has natal and progressed Jupiter trine Neptune (progressed 5th/8th),Pluto sextile 2nd ruler, natal and progressed Jupiter sextile uranus, Natal and progressed Jupiter trine moon, and Jupiter sextile Pluto. Yep, he's all set up. We both had a nice windfall several years ago. It wasn't a million, but it was a nice chunk of dough-I didn't complain!

Stacey5271

OK - I've got a live one to study. A man in the Detroit area won the lottery on April 1 - which was also his 60th birthday! No, we don't have a birth time. We also don't know exactly where he was born, but given that he is a long-tim Ford factory worker (34 years - from a newspaper article) it is very likely that he was always from the Detroit area. I'm going to draw up a chart on him later to see what it looks like:

LANSING, April 3, 2008 - David Sneath of Livonia will never forget his 60th birthday.
On April 1, 2008, Sneath won a $136 million Mega Millions jackpot. The winning numbers, 04-17-26-46-56 and 25 (Mega ball), were Sneath's own picks, which originated from an old easy pick ticket. The ticket was purchased at Joy Mobil, 27350 Joy Rd., in Redford. The store will receive a $50,000 commission for the sale.
Sneath said friends thought he was pulling an April Fool's Day joke on them when he announced that he had won the jackpot.
He said he was "overwhelmed" by the win and plans to share the wealth. Sneath said he will give his four friends, with whom he has played the Lottery with for years, each $1 million.
The $136 million jackpot had originally been advertised at $135 million but sales supported the increased amount. Sneath selected to receive his payment in one lump sum payment of $84,367,246, less taxes.
Sneath is Michigan's 7th Mega Millions jackpot winner. Previous amounts won were $17 million, $23.3 million (a portion of a jackpot shared with two other winners), $47 million, $208 million, $17.5 million (a portion of a jackpot shared with one other winner), and $75 million.
Mega Millions is a multi-state Lottery game offered in 12 locations: Michigan, California, Illinois, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Texas, Virginia and Washington. Drawings are every Tuesday and Friday at 11 p.m.
Over 95 cents of every dollar spent on Lottery tickets is returned to the state in the form of contributions to the state School Aid Fund, prizes to players and commissions to retailers. In fiscal year 2007, the contribution to schools was $748.9 million. Since its inception in 1972, the Lottery has contributed more than $14.3 billion to education in Michigan.
For additional information, please visit the Lottery's Web site at www.michigan.gov/lottery.

Stacey5271

This has been such a busy weekend, I haven't had a chance to draw up the chart yet, but the drawing was on April 1, 2008 (no fool). This makes his birth date April 1, 1948. It was the story from the MI Lotty that was dated the 3rd.

Mr stellium

L.C. said:
Wow. I have about 6 of the positions you've mentioned. The most I've ever won is like 12 bucks in the Super Lotto in my state, but I've won it several times. ;) I play every week and just won 3 dollars the other night. :D
I have 8 of them, regarding point 6 my jupiter is stationary direct, i've read that this situation is stronger than retrograde so i'll make that 9! ... I've not had any major wins yet though (i'm 19).

delilah4

Charts of lottery winners:

I haven't looked into these charts, but here's specific data on real lottery winners for this study if anyone's interested.

FRED DRAGO
Won: $500,000
Born: Aug 11 1929
5:30 AM CST +6:00
Mobile, AL
Purchased winning ticket: Apr 30, 1982 at 3:30 pm
Location of purchased ticket: The McDonald's which is located at- CDT 88w07, 30n41

KENNETH GREENE
Won: $13,000,000
Born: Jan 3, 1958
6:16PM EST +5:00
Seekonk, MA
Purchased winning ticket: Nov 25, 1992
Date when realized he had purchased the winning ticket: Deceber 21, 1992

*Notes: On Nov 25 the clerk in error sold Ken a ticket for MegaBucks instead of the lesser winning Massachusetts Mass Cash Ticket that he asked for. Ken had no idea that the ticket he was mistakenly given hadn't had a winner for 7 weeks and that the prize had accumulated to 13 million. When recieving their check wife Joanne kept laughing and crying like a mad woman and nearly passed out twice. No doubt after working two jobs, taking care of a disabled husband and children she was near breaking point and couldn't believe that their troubles were over just like that. I find this story particularly inspirational because it reminds me that even when you hit rock bottom you have no idea what's going to happen that can make it all turn around. Sometimes what seems like bad luck is actually good luck in disguise. Kenneth probably thought "****- that moron gave me the wrong ticket...but what seemed like more bad luck was actually the best they could've imagined.

KATHLENE MCLAUGHLIN
Won: $27 million
Born: Feb 17 1957
6:35AM EST +500
Boston, MA
Winning Ticket purchased: Dec 13 1991
*Note: Allegedly her first time ever playing the lottery.

MATE OF A LOTTERY WINNER FOR FURTHER STUDY:

James Mclaughlin
Dec 31, 1954
0:52AM EST +500
Boston MA
Wife purchased winning ticket: Dec 13, 1991

*Notes: I wonder if marrying someone with certain lucky aspects can up your own luck as well. I mean- if an astrologically predisposed jackpot winner marries an astrologically predisposed spouse of a jackpot winner does that up the chances of the predisposed winner to win? Oh well- Inner ramblings of my mind.

Delilah

Last edited:

Claire19

alliewar said:
What aspects would point to someone who could win the lottery?
Aspects between Uranus/Venus/Jupiter/2nd house? I'm guess...

OKay for lottery look at 5th house of speculation, 2nd house for the income,
8th house for others assets. If you are in a syndicate or buy lottery tickets with others especially. If you take the tickets with workmates then look at the 6th house. If with family look at the 4th house, siblings 3rd etc. Jupiter and Venus are the planets of money and luck. Many combinations but the 5th house definitely has to be involved. Uranus has nothing to do with lottery luck unless well connected to the 5th and then it would be a shock or a surprise win.

In my case I was involved in a syndicate at my workplace and they won a major prize of which my share was small, being the junior and only just commenced employment there. Saturn in the 5th 6th cusp in Leo, limited amount. However I have Sun in 6th Leo sextile Jupiter in the 8th of others assets. I have Venus in 8th sextile Pluto in 6th, so corporations and large businesses. ie. stockbroker which is the Leo influence again. HOwever it was enough to bring enjoyment to me and my family.

Last edited:

Claire19

Sag Moon said:
I wonder what the charts of an older couple who recently won $275Mil. might reveal?

Yes can someone find their info? Not likely I guess.

It can be a two edged sword, so much money. It can be a curse and that would show in the chart.

Claire19

Yes I am going to look at some of the data supplied for lottery winners.

I think NN in second is a major indicator especially in Taurus and connected to Jupiter and Venus. However the 5th house must be involved in my opinion for lottery and the 8th.

Let us see with the charts that have been supplied.

:)

Claire19

With Kathleen McLaughins chart, see attached we see first of all her 2nd house of income, assets. Mercury is also the ruler of her 8th house of others assets, gifts etc. Also the sun and mercury progressing 2nd house of income and personal assets. Opposing Moon in the 8th. Her 5th house ruler Mercury is conjunct Venus and trine Moon in the 8th of others or shared assets. Her Moon and Jupiter in the 8th both of these are trine Mercury the ruler of her 5th hosue of speculation lottery etc. Her part of fortune is also posited in her 5th house.

Transitting Venus through her 8th house conjunct the Moon. Backing up her natal fortunate aspect. That the 12th house is involved means a karmic connection and she has earned that win from past deeds. However I dont know how she handled the money or what she did with it. Her chart suggests helping the less fortunate and charitable organisation perhaps connected to her church.

There several aspects and placements to point to her win. Jupiter indicates a large one. I dont know if she made that purchase from home or bought it from an older type woman but there is a possibility.

Attachments

• Kathleen lottery winner.jpg
    Kathleen lottery winner.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 86

WorldSpice

i found the following (my inventory of my own charts are slipped in between each of the markers for winning the lottery

1. The Moon in a trine or grand trine (which in half of the examples of Big Winners involved Venus or Jupiter). In those few cases where the Moon does not have a trine in their natal chart it is necessary by progression at the time of the Big Win.

My moon trines jupiter. And I have both Jupiter and Venus involved in a grand trine

2. Natal Jupiter in at least one trine.

Jupiter trines the moon, mars, uranus and pluto.

3. Natal Jupiter in aspect to Neptune. This does not have to be one of the 'big four' aspects; it is often one of the lesser aspects, such as a semisextile or semisquare.

Jupiter opposes neptune.

4. Natal Mars in aspect to Jupiter or Neptune.

Mars trines jupiter and sextiles neptune.

5. Natal or progressed Venus or Jupiter in aspect to Uranus (One degree for progressed aspects)

natal venus sextiles uranus and natal jupiter trines natal uranus
as for progressed venus it is within 5 degrees approaching trine to uranus and jupiter is o degrees separating in a trine aspect to uranus

6. Natal or progressed Venus or Jupiter retrograde.

natal jupiter is retrograde in taurus and thats in my tenth house

7. Natal Pluto conjunct or opposite the ruler of the second house within four or five degrees, or in some other aspect to the ruler of the second house within one or two degress, or in progressed aspect within one degree.

progressed pluto is making a 7 degree approaching aspect to the progressed ruler venus of the second house of my second chart

8. A close natal sesquisquare between two planets within one degree to show the potential for a sudden change of direction in the life or a progressed sesquisquare between two planets, one degree. (This sesquisquare most frequently involves the MC, Moon, Venus, Jupiter, or Pluto)

there is on in my natal chart but thats between jupiter and mercury and it is within one degree

9. Natal or progressed interpositions or close aspects between the twelfth house to the second and/or eighth houses.

this i don't understand??? What are interpositions? How do you figure out what are close aspects between those houses? Do you mean planets in those houses? In my natal second house there are three planets within close degrees to each other and they all form exact oppositions (mars and uranus within one degree approaching and 2 degrees from pluto) to chiron in the 8th house. I am not sure if this counts. In the progressed chart Jupiter is now located in the 8th house and pluto is now in the 12th house and they make an exact opposition.

10. Transit Uranus in an aspect up to two or three degrees to the natal or progressed MC or the natal or progressed ASC. (The reason that we find a valid Uranus transit within several degrees is because Uranus will go back and forth over an aspect 3 times during its change of station: the aspect is valid from the first one-degree aplication until the last one degree separation.)

transiting uranus is making a inconjunct aspect to my natal ac
but i wonder what kind of aspect it could be making to my progressed mc since my progressed mc is at 23 degrees gemini and uranus in pisces is at 21 degrees...astrodienst does not have a way to see what transits are doing the pogressed charts.....

What do you all think of that? Perhaps I should go out and experiment and see if there is any truth to this. It does not cost a lot to get a lottery ticket.

delilah4

Am I seeing this wrong or does KATHLENE MCLAUGHLIN (the chart example I posted above) actually have all 10 of those markers that were posted in the beginning of the thread? Wow. Maybe there is truth to that stuff.

Ofcoarse just like Worldspice, I have no idea what an interposition is.

Claire19

WorldSpice said:
i found the following (my inventory of my own charts are slipped in between each of the markers for winning the lottery

1. The Moon in a trine or grand trine (which in half of the examples of Big Winners involved Venus or Jupiter). In those few cases where the Moon does not have a trine in their natal chart it is necessary by progression at the time of the Big Win.

My moon trines jupiter. And I have both Jupiter and Venus involved in a grand trine

2. Natal Jupiter in at least one trine.

Jupiter trines the moon, mars, uranus and pluto.

3. Natal Jupiter in aspect to Neptune. This does not have to be one of the 'big four' aspects; it is often one of the lesser aspects, such as a semisextile or semisquare.

Jupiter opposes neptune.

4. Natal Mars in aspect to Jupiter or Neptune.

Mars trines jupiter and sextiles neptune.

5. Natal or progressed Venus or Jupiter in aspect to Uranus (One degree for progressed aspects)

natal venus sextiles uranus and natal jupiter trines natal uranus
as for progressed venus it is within 5 degrees approaching trine to uranus and jupiter is o degrees separating in a trine aspect to uranus

6. Natal or progressed Venus or Jupiter retrograde.

natal jupiter is retrograde in taurus and thats in my tenth house

7. Natal Pluto conjunct or opposite the ruler of the second house within four or five degrees, or in some other aspect to the ruler of the second house within one or two degress, or in progressed aspect within one degree.

progressed pluto is making a 7 degree approaching aspect to the progressed ruler venus of the second house of my second chart

8. A close natal sesquisquare between two planets within one degree to show the potential for a sudden change of direction in the life or a progressed sesquisquare between two planets, one degree. (This sesquisquare most frequently involves the MC, Moon, Venus, Jupiter, or Pluto)

there is on in my natal chart but thats between jupiter and mercury and it is within one degree

9. Natal or progressed interpositions or close aspects between the twelfth house to the second and/or eighth houses.

this i don't understand??? What are interpositions? How do you figure out what are close aspects between those houses? Do you mean planets in those houses? In my natal second house there are three planets within close degrees to each other and they all form exact oppositions (mars and uranus within one degree approaching and 2 degrees from pluto) to chiron in the 8th house. I am not sure if this counts. In the progressed chart Jupiter is now located in the 8th house and pluto is now in the 12th house and they make an exact opposition.

10. Transit Uranus in an aspect up to two or three degrees to the natal or progressed MC or the natal or progressed ASC. (The reason that we find a valid Uranus transit within several degrees is because Uranus will go back and forth over an aspect 3 times during its change of station: the aspect is valid from the first one-degree aplication until the last one degree separation.)

transiting uranus is making a inconjunct aspect to my natal ac
but i wonder what kind of aspect it could be making to my progressed mc since my progressed mc is at 23 degrees gemini and uranus in pisces is at 21 degrees...astrodienst does not have a way to see what transits are doing the pogressed charts.....

What do you all think of that? Perhaps I should go out and experiment and see if there is any truth to this. It does not cost a lot to get a lottery ticket.

I dont know if anyone will bother to read all this.:)

However 5th house needs to be involved for lottery wins, is that what you are referring to??? The 2nd house of personal assets and income and the 8th for shared assets and Venus and Jupiter involved.

For any influence to come into being natal, progressed and transits have to be involved with the particular planets.

Easier to just post your chart.

BobZemco

Kerrie said:
5 planets transiting your natal 5th house is a good time to go out and buy a lottery ticket!

I had read that the guy who won the lottery 3 times had transiting Uraunus conjunct his 5th House Cusp. Uranus went retrograde back over the cusp (2nd win) then direct over it a 3rd time.

Claire19

Mr stellium said:
I have 8 of them, regarding point 6 my jupiter is stationary direct, i've read that this situation is stronger than retrograde so i'll make that 9! ... I've not had any major wins yet though (i'm 19).

Is Saturn involved.:) Limited wins.