Does your handwriting match your Ascendant?

Bina

I just had this idea that one's handwriting could match one's Asc, since handwriting shows how we express ourselves, how we present ourselves to others.. so then i thought about my own handwriting, my letters are small, my writing is a bit messy to very messy (only i can read it) and i make large gaps between the words, so it's quite spaced out. I felt it fits my Pisces Asc very well. :innocent:

How do you feel about this idea? Does your handwriting match your Ascendant? Or do you think handwriting may be more of a Mercury or Sun theme?

fullmoonlibra

Handwriting is a mercury and third house issue.
The size you write is about confidence. People with large handwriting have more self confidence than people with a small handwriting.
THAT can be an ascendant - issue..
if it's still not in your case and the shape you write is affected by your ascendant too, maybe your asc is just ruled by mercury.

I have a very bad handwriting because I write very fast and impatient..
Guess what.. My mercury is aries :joyful:

Bina

Interesting, thanks!

My Mercury is in Aries too!! - I'm impatient when i write as well.. :smile:

3rd house is in Taurus, with Sun and Mars conjunct and NN in it. So my handwriting should be bold and assertive then?

tautomer

My handwriting is VERY poor. Always has been. I can read my own writing, but others greatly struggle, or can not do it at all. It takes my teachers/professors/etc a good month or so before they can interpret it. People in the past have jokingly referred to my writing as "hieroglyphics".

My mercury is in gemini in the 8th house conjunct venus and sun, and inconjunct uranus. Then I have uranus neptune and saturn in the 3rd house.

ImNotThere9

This is an interestingly fresh question. I write in a smallish, cursive hand. Joined loops, and occasionally my hand jumps. It looks crabbed to me sometimes, but I'm assured it's not indecipherable and actually quite neat. I have Libra ascending; Mercury in Aquarius; third house ruled by Pluto, in which natal Pluto is stationed also. My handwriting is not uniform, it can slant to the left or the right but more often than not is straight. Although I write swiftly, it seldom falls beneath the line. I'm also left-handed, if that matters.

Larger handwriting is not necessarily a sign of self-confidence. Moreover, small handwriting doesn't speak to its lack. Small handwriting is often indicative of precision-intellects, people of an analytical turn of mind. Here is what one site says:

'Large size handwriting can mean extravert and outgoing, or it can mean that the writer puts on an act of confidence, although this behaviour might not be exhibited to strangers.

Small size can, logically, mean the opposite. Small size handwriting can also indicate a thinker and an academic, depending upon other features in the script.

If the writing is small and delicate, the writer is unlikely to be a good communicator with anyone other than those on their own particular wavelength. These people do not generally find it easy to break new ground socially. '

http://www.businessballs.com/graphologyhandwritinganalysis.htm

http://handwritinguniversity.com/me...ional-articles/small-handwriting-personality/:

'Usually, scholars, researchers and great thinkers have small handwriting. For example, take the handwriting samples of Albert Einstein and Sir Issac Newton. Like most creative thinkers, the two have small handwriting. Now, you may ask why. Have you ever tried writing very small? If no, give it shot. Try writing very very small. You will know it’s not easy to write that way unless it is your normal style, and you will have to be extremely focused. Scholars usually need to shut out the world and direct their complete attention on their work. They do not allow their minds to wander. This need to concentrate and stay focused is reflected by small handwriting. Hence, someone who has a small handwriting has a good ability to concentrate.'

Being a huge fan of Sherlock Holmes, Graphology is naturally a subject of interest. Has anyone seen the sequel to the Robert Downey JR. Holmes? There is a good scene in which he analyzes Moriarty's narcissistic hand.

Last edited:

chei star

I have an Aries rising and Merc in Scorpio. Merc conjunct Sun, Quntile Moon, conjunct Mars, Trine Jupiter, Sextile Saturn, Uranus and Neptune and conjunct Pluto. If any of that is relevant!

My handwriting changes all of the time. Sometimes I will put extra effort into making it look neat but most of the time it's rushed and messy! I write quickly with joined up letters (I'm sure there's a name for that but cant think of it!). Sometimes I feel like I can't get all of my thoughts onto the paper quickly enough and this leads to a rushed, messy style.

Last edited:

theV

I have an Aries rising and Merc in Scorpio. Merc conjunct Sun, Quntile Moon, conjunct Mars, Trine Jupiter, Sextile Saturn, Uranus and Neptune and conjunct Pluto. If any of that is relevant!

My handwriting changes all of the time. Sometimes I will put extra effort into making it look neat but most of the time it's rushed and messy! I write quickly with joined up letters (I'm sure there's a name for that but cant think of it!). Sometimes I feel like I can't get all of my thoughts onto the paper quickly enough and this leads to a rushed, messy style.

WOW all of these aspect you must be smart

Bina

Thanks, ImNotThere, your comments and links are very interesting!

And yes, it makes total sense, I am rather introverted and reserved and also have a good ability to concentrate, I do a lot of research and think deeply. :smile:

Hi im a newbie here :) and my handwriting is horrible ! but I always restart from scratch and keep writing until I like it :/ my ascendant is cancer.

aquarius7000

Hi,

Interesting question indeed.

Leo Asc here, with Mer in Aqua, and 3rd H in Libra.

My writing is big. When no one is watching;), it's untidy, but I used to be praised for my writing often at school. My handwriting can be better looking than myself, if I want it to be. There's a childlike-look to it meaning that it hasn't matured over the years.

:)AQ

Bina

Hi,

Interesting question indeed.

Leo Asc here, with Mer in Aqua, and 3rd H in Libra.

My writing is big. When no one is watching;), it's untidy, but I used to be praised for my writing often at school. My handwriting can be better looking than myself, if I want it to be. There's a childlike-look to it meaning that it hasn't matured over the years.

:)AQ

Hi aquarius7000,

thanks for your reply, your handwriting does sound a bit like your Ascendant.. :wink:

aquarius7000

Hi,
Hi aquarius7000,

thanks for your reply, your handwriting does sound a bit like your Ascendant.. :wink:
Yeah, it likes to be noticed, is generous in taking up space, and all my 'i's are crowned with wide-circled dots, lol. Oh and finally, it yearns praise.:kissing: Perhaps it would be a good idea to post a sample of it, so it gets the attention it deserves.

:)AQ7

Claire19

handwriting belongs with Mercury and the third house rather. If there is a connection to the ascendant that may add to it. Now that I think about it my Mercury sextiles Mars and I write quickly and rather carelessly and it is all sloping forward. Typical!!

Bina

Hi,

Yeah, it likes to be noticed, is generous in taking up space, and all my 'i's are crowned with wide-circled dots, lol. Oh and finally, it yearns praise.:kissing: Perhaps it would be a good idea to post a sample of it, so it gets the attention it deserves.

:)AQ7

Hi again,

:lol: you made me laugh, describing your own Ascendant so humorously!!
It made me think to start another thread "What's funny about your rising sign?" :happy:

Neptune Rising

Haha, Pisces rules my 3rd house, Sagitarius rules the ascendant, Jupiter is in Pisces in the 3rd house, with Moon. Mercury is in Aquarius. My handwriting is usually fairly large, its not tiny. It changes, its a bit eccentric and I sometimes find it hard to read! Its usually legible though. A friend of mine knows how to analyse handwriting, he said its optimistic. The dots are usually a bit ahead of their 'i' and 'j's. When I am making notes for my studies, I use different colours and make little pictures, to help learn. On my Christmas cards, I draw flowers with smily faces in, and suns, lol!

Bina

Haha, Pisces rules my 3rd house, Sagitarius rules the ascendant, Jupiter is in Pisces in the 3rd house, with Moon. Mercury is in Aquarius. My handwriting is usually fairly large, its not tiny. It changes, its a bit eccentric and I sometimes find it hard to read! Its usually legible though. A friend of mine knows how to analyse handwriting, he said its optimistic. The dots are usually a bit ahead of their 'i' and 'j's. When I am making notes for my studies, I use different colours and make little pictures, to help learn. On my Christmas cards, I draw flowers with smily faces in, and suns, lol!

Yes, from my observation, people with Sagittarius prominent or strong Jupiter tend to have fairly large (expansive) handwriting. :smile: