Personal Years in Numerology

ethertwist

I know there's two different schools of thought as to when a Personal Year begins in Numerology, with most saying the vibration of our Personal Year number begins on January 1 (the beginning of a new calendar year), while some others assert that it doesn't begin until our birthday and lasts until the next birthday. For those that use Numerology, which do you find to be the most accurate?

My birthday is in the middle of the year, so it seems like most years are a combonation of two numbers, the past year's Personal Year number and the current year's number. I definitely sense a a shift in the second half of each year and it never feels the same as the first half. Have those that have middle or end of the year birthdays found this to be true? Do you find that your Personal Year number relates to the overall theme of your Solar Return each year as well?

Mark

I've only "dabbled" with numerology, but I can't see any logical reason why January 1st should have anything to do with an individual. Perhaps if you're talking about a group or nation that accepts January 1st as the beginning of the year, then it might be significant. For the individual, however, I would always use the current age of the individual (in whole years) as the year number. Accordingly, when examining an individual, I would always start/end the year at that individual's birthday.

The individual's physical life began on a certain date and completed it's first full year on the same date. I would only regard January 1st with any significance at all if the modern Gregorian calendar somehow factors into the existence of the individual, group, or nation I'm examining. In my mind, it's a question of scale. I would expect that only large groups would feel any impact from consensus agreement on things like calendars.

ethertwist

I've only "dabbled" with numerology, but I can't see any logical reason why January 1st should have anything to do with an individual. Perhaps if you're talking about a group or nation that accepts January 1st as the beginning of the year, then it might be significant. For the individual, however, I would always use the current age of the individual (in whole years) as the year number. Accordingly, when examining an individual, I would always start/end the year at that individual's birthday.

The individual's physical life began on a certain date and completed it's first full year on the same date. I would only regard January 1st with any significance at all if the modern Gregorian calendar somehow factors into the existence of the individual, group, or nation I'm examining. In my mind, it's a question of scale. I would expect that only large groups would feel any impact from consensus agreement on things like calendars.

I think that makes a world of sense. Just because the new year begins on January 1 (using the Gregorian calendar), it seems very arbitrary that everyone, even those say born on December 1, would feel the effects of the Personal Year number for the current calendar year that far out. I think the birthday marks the peak of energy for that year, kind of like a transit where the exact hit (give or take) is the most acute and all other times the energy is either waxing or waning.

I found this graph on another site and I think this best sums up how I experience the vibration of my Personal Years:

http://www.decoz.com/Numerology_PersonalYear_A4.htm

PersYearCycles_graph.gif

Red shows the period when your current Personal Year cycle is in full force.
Yellow reveals when the old cycle is still influencing you, but is on its way out.
Blue/purple highlights the time when the next cycle is starting to influence you.
The list of months on the left reflects the months of birth.
Each row to the right of a month of birth shows the strength and duration of a Personal Year cycle for someone born during that month.
Yellow shows last year's outgoing cycle, red represents the Personal Year cycle for the current year, and orange the period during which they overlap.

Blue is the incoming cycle for next year, and purple the period during which the cusp periods of the current cycle and next year's cycle overlap.

fyi, a Personal Year is calculated by adding up the month (numerically) and day of birth to the current year and reducing the final number to a single digit. For example, if your birthday is March 5, you would add 3(March) + 5 + 2 + 0 + 1 + 1 = 12 and 1 + 2 = 3, so the Personal Year number for 2011 is 3. :smile: