• Capricorn

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Aquarius

Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Pisces

Votes: 13 10.5%

• Total voters

dr. farr

If by "best" one means the sign in which Mercury is most resonant ("best off"), everything else being equal, I would have to vote for Virgo (which I did) Mercury both is domiciled in the entire sign of Virgo, and exalted in certain degrees of that same sign (according to the ancients in all thi; also according to Vedic astrology)
Virgo is my own rising sign (by either tropical or sidereal calculations) and I can personally testify to the influence of Mercury through Virgo.
So I'll vote for Virgo being the "best sign" for Mercury.

(Note: Cancer not being very beneficial for Mercury might be due to the "natural inimicals" relationship between the Moon and Mercury: in traditional astrology and also in the Vedic system Moon and Mercury are considered "natural enemies", which I interpret energetically as being dissonant in their energy fields)

Thin White Duke

Nice one, Dr. Farr.

Judging without regard to aspects? I think that Gemini is still the master of Mercury (and I am saying this with no bias, regardless of my rising sign :joyful:). Aquarius is the runner-up. Give both Aries and Virgo Ms. Congeniality and watch the battle begin.

biswarup

according to vedic astrology Mercury is best ( exalted ) in Virgo but whether it is strong for an individual depends on the ascendant and nakshatra where mercury is placed relative to the ascendant ( rising sign )

SagiCap

Nope. It can't listen well.

The native can make efforts though, but it is more of an exception than a rule.

I STRONGLY agree with this statement.

I have a Leo Merc boss that talks over anyone and anyone so selfishly that it's a huge issue with me and others in the office. It's just so bizarre that no one knows how to respond and they sit it shock. They take it. But I don't. I re-iterate my point calmly at the first chance I have (when she takes a rare breath inwards...) It's exhausting. And it doesn't matter who. She will talk and talk and talk about how her issue is much more important than yours ie: we were talking about an illness both our friends shared and how my friend passed away, she didn't acknowledge that stressing that her friend beat it and is fine. Not a blink of an eye.

Umm HELLO, someone DIED!

mooncereal

I see where you guys are coming from. I'm a Merc in Leo but a sun in cancer with scorpio ascendant so it is VERY toned down.
I find mercury in fire signs to be overwhelming and impossible to communicate to most of the time, usually if they have an aggressive sun sign as well.