suicide

Light

All

Saturn rules my sun, and a trail of rulerships comes down to Uranus in Virgo and Mercury in Aquarius. 3rd hse stellium, Jupiter neptune trine, Uranus conj the MC! Anything else I've missed :) . Warped sense of humour too. Tried and failed, planned and planned. I think my saving grace is the aspect between Merc and the Virgo traffic jam is minor, and the Mars sun aspect is slao minorish - the thoughts and the action don't seem to get it together quite. Death wish? Definately. To the point of expecting (from a very,very early age to be dead by 30). Can you imagine the disaapointment to wake up on that morning. especially after consuming more alcohol that night than I have in total in all the years since :eek:.

Bouts of severe depression and bouts of manic like behaviour inbetween. Not enough mania to be treated, though. I'm not bad enough, they say, so It's only stress. Funny how this stress occurs roughly every 12 years, when Jupiter is bouncing on my ASC and activating my Neptune. I either hibernate or rush around doing everything. Jup is where, now? A bit of both at the moment, up and down.

Thanks Borx for the arabic part equations. What's the difference between the yin and the yang? Too thick to figure it out, today.:eek:

take care

hel

Arian Maverick

This may sound a bit morbid, but I have been wondering if there are certain indications in a natal chart that may suggest how a person may choose to commit suicide if they are sufficiently motivated. For example, nearly two years ago I underwent a series of intense transformations that I was unable to recognize at the time; I was devastated by how messed up my life had become and desperately wanted out. Although I often fantasized of different scenarios and sometimes voiced these fantasies to others (yes, I was aware that I was completely unhinged but no longer cared), I was true to my Aries stellium and did not plan a detailed method of suicide until the day I decided I could no longer tolerate myself and what I had become. I will not describe my the plan I devised because I do not wish to give anyone any ideas; I will simply state I was going to hang myself. From my basic knowledge of medical astrology, I am aware that Taurus rules the throat, but I do not have any pronouned Taurean influences in my natal chart...

Arian Maverick

P.S. Please do not worry about me; I'm not suicidal now! ;)

Light

AM

You've got me thinking and remembering.....I've always ruled out hanging as too much pain! Apart from neptunian chemical cocktails, Mars and Arian traits seem to be a theme - with both the obvious attempts and the what i shall call the 'theoretical planning'. Is there a theme in the methods known suicides use? Working backwards from the outcome may give a hint to find the trigger (sorry:eek: ) in the first place. Wouldn't suicide itself come under Mars and Aries - going it alone, so to speak? I'm only guessing, mind, and trying to look at it differently (as I do so frequently).

years ago I underwent a series of intense transformations that I was unable to recognize at the time;

I wonder if these are the 'tests' we're supposed to encounter? It's just I felt the same way at The Time.

Still here :) and musing

hel

Arian Maverick

hel,

Your observation about suicide relating to Aries and Mars makes a lot of sense, since I have read that although more women than men have reported attempting suicide, men are much more likely to successfully complete the act.

Here is an interesting article from WebMD titled Men and Suicide that explains this further:

[deleted overly-long quote against forum rules - Moderator]

Arian Maverick

Last edited by a moderator:

Light

Ari Mav

Good article. I hope you're not reading those how-to websites - even if it is for research lol

I wonder if transiting Mars triggers something in people charts? A natal-chart predisposition and the aspect determines success or failure?

hel

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

Many months ago, I encountered an article titled The Finger of God kills Carlo Giuliani; this was the first time I equated this particular configuration with death. Guess which planet forms the apex of the yod--Mars! :eek:

[deleted overly-long quote against forum rules - Moderator]

Arian Maverick

P.S. I am beginning to appreciate the irony of my own natal chart, as I have two yods whose apex planets are Mars and eighth house Pluto in Scorpio...

Last edited by a moderator:

Nexus7

Someone I knew quite well jumped off a train in 1992. From the point of view of 'all abut me' a red flag was raised for me when he started bequeathing me all his responsibilities including the treasury of an art group we were part of, because my 8th House ruler was receiving a transit conjunction from Saturn. I just wish I had asked him directly now if he had been thinking of this.

It was at about the time of his solar return. He would have been 43. Obviously, there was a lot more to it than birthday blues, though.

It does remind me of something Charles Carter suggested too - often, the death of someone can be seen in the charts of those he or she is closer to and often with more 'negative' transits, because of how this is registered by the survivors. This is also something I am seeing underlined in even more detail, in a book by Mike Harding, Hymns to the Anceint Gods, where there are some impressive loking transitting midpoints in charts of whole families and deaths.

All I will otherwise emphasise again, however, is that whilst it may be a good idea to check such maters wherever there might be the slightest hint of a red flag - I wish I had at that point in time - 'predicting' suicide for someone is another matter. I once had to deal with someone who came to me for a reading after his nice astrological guru had told him he would do this by a certain date, then someone made prognostications for me of this ilk.

That is just not cool. Trust me.

ninetta

HI KATLES

i am sorry you have to struggle with this aspects, but the fact is that i understand you. I had tentavies of suicide when i was about 15. several intents. until 18 i was being in hospitals and psiquiatrics. (sorry for my english, i am spanish).
i dont know when all started, if in my earlier life, when i feel now the something in my childhood went wrong, or when my parents had a horrible divorce when i was 11. or when i was sexualy abused by a fathers friend at age 12.
the thing is i also have saturn and mars in scorpio, in conjuction, one in 4th and the other in 5th.
i have my moon in aries in th opposite pluto in libra in 4th at degree 29. my father was libra, and my mother aries like my moon.
my sun, myself, its on cancer in 12th, (the fact that i felt my father so distant of me all my ******* life) and my mother, a so powerful aries, having she moon and sun in extremely conjunction in aries, and she "weared the pants" in the house.
bye now

Claire19

Neptune badly aspected especially with Moon and Mercury. Depression belongs to Pluto and Saturn also. Many possibilities. The 8th and 12th houses involved.

luneblanche

Hi! My Mars, 9H in Gemini is squaring Saturn, 12H in Virgo, and I do have Uranus in Scorpio. I read the quote and actually I feel aswell that sometimes death is the only escape. I think aswell because of my 12H Saturn I learn to be very confortable with death and can somehow understand people that took that radical decision of suicide.
Thanks for reading!
Luna

Lissa

Liz Green says in her book 'Saturn' that Jupiter opposite Saturn aspecting Venus are suicidal aspects,and,having a tight Jupiter/Saturn opposition(Jupiter:3º50'Leo rx;Saturn:3º59'Aquarius)with an out-of-sign square to my Venus/IC conjunction at27º49'Aries,I could not agree more.I have been depressed for about one year now,for no specific reason at all,and since last December I have attempted against my own life twice,being that my last attempt took place about three weeks ago.Having gone through that,I know it's a very dark place to be in,where you feel it's all your fault and no one can make it better but you,but then you also feel like you don't have the key to open the door and so it's better if you just go.Being fully medicated now,I feel pretty fine,it's just that sometimes I get sad and,when I do get sad,I go all the way with it and start thinking about what I shouldn't think about.Plus,it's absolutely impossible to predict when I will get sad.

I can't say I fully understand why the Jupiter/Saturn/Venus combo is an indication of suicide,but I'll take a wild guess and say it has something to say with the impulsive,unpredictable nature of suicide,like it happens to me.I would normally associate Pluto/Mars with suicidal ideation,but maybe these two create a personality that's simply dark by nature and atracted to things related to death without being actually uncomfortable with life in itself?

Jeremy

24 Taurus, 25 Gemini, 14 Cancer, 24 Virgo, 14 Libra, 25 Sagittarius and 14 Capricorn are all degrees which are strongly associated with the tendency to suicide. The 14 Cap./Cancer axis is well known for this reason particularly.

Lissa

Hi Caprising,thanks for your analysis:) Oh yeah no wonder I had tried the unthinkable,with all that Chiron action going on,I'm guessing all my emotional wounds must come to the surface now and they're all very scrambled.If anything good came out of this,it was that I built a much stronger relationship with my family and had the chance to realize who's really by my side and who's not.And yes I feel much lighter now,I feel hopeful again and starting to see things more clearly:) Blessings,
Lissa

Sag Moon

I just wish to mention that I have seen the charts of those having Ne=IC by progression as having the tendency.

Neptune contacting any of the angles could setoff a hasty reaction such as lost hope.Then again it could mean entirely something else depending on age and other factors.

jupiter

Very interesting
I would like to add what I've read about suicidal tendencies in a chart:
Planets afflicted in the 25 degree of fixed signs
in the late degrees of mutable signs(always a problematic area)
Neptune and the 3rd house play a role too.

star2858

I have Jupiter trine Neptune in my chart. I think what was said earlier about it being an indicator of suicide is true.

I think the case for me is simply "sooner or later". Not a day goes by and i don't think about taking my own life. I get so upset quickly, over little things too. I'm only 20, i study law, i might have my entire life ahead of me, but i don't know.

I think there might be other indicators too. Having Neptune retrograde in 8th house and jupiter and moon in the 12th house.

What do you think?

Nexus7

Star2858

What I think is that is dangerous to look for aspects in your chart as predisposing you towards suicide. I don't know the rest of your chart, but Jupiter/Neptune is possibly a litle idealistic in the face of a frequently harsh and unfair world, the rest of your chart may or may not suggest a sensitive nature.

You sound as though things have got on top of you and I would suggest that it might be a better plan to look at the roots of what is bringing about your current state of mind, rather than assuming your horoscope is telling you to exit it without trying to resolve whatever is disturbing you.

Great 1st article Mav.....Islamic! Allah seems to be everywhere I look these days....glad to be seeing astrology and Islam on the same article....( i know its an old post, but thanks anyway)

Nexus7

Cap Rising

I probably did not explain myself very well, what I meant by 'dangerous' was any rendency to start using astrology and any factor in the chart rather less wisely than you rightly suggested. I mean, the kind of thinking that goes 'I have such-and-such an aspect in my chart, therefore I am fated/doomed to commit suicide/be bad-tempered/never be able to hold down a job, or whatever.'

I do not think it is worth looking for factors in a chart that predispose anyone to suicide anyway: there might be signs of vulnerability to depression, sensitivity to he ugliness of the world or whatever, but in one way, looking for 'signs' surely flies in the face of at least one sacred astrological tenet: that we do have free will.

Taking your own life is a choice that could be seen in retrospect by any precipitaing stress factors in a chart, but maybe the individual who finally does this extreme act could have reacted differently, with a different level of awareness.

I menat to disabuse any possible notions that any course of action such as this is in any way predestined, and I do think a lo of people can be surprisingly impressionable and more superstitious than we might think too: I did not think I could be easily impressed in this way, but then, when someone told me I might commit suicide, it really, really scared me. Then again, this particualr person did tie in her enlightened predictions with some very real concerns and fears I did have at that poin in ime.