Finding balance with Mars/Moon square Midheaven

Lykanized

I'm thinking about this because of another thread I replied to. For more info, my Venus is in Gemini in my 9th house conjunct my Midheaven, my Mars/Moon are conjunct in Virgo in my 12th house and square my Midheaven/conjunct my Ascendant, and Venus square Mars is also one of my tightest aspects

This is what I wrote...
"Now as for the Mars/Moon. I see that as going along with my Venus square Moon/Mars which for me means I'm extremely passionate but also find it near impossible to do anything unless I am passionate about it. So I may come off as fickle, even lazy. Lazy especially when I'm depressed or not as in touch with my passion periodically as I wish I was. On the flipside, when I am in touch with my passion, I can come off as more larger than life and like I have no off switch. I can be irritable and completely lack patience with people and I am known for oddly being both affectionate and warm, and quite physical or argumentative. I'm very much an expressive woman and I'm very drawn to art and aesthetics. If I do something, I don't go halfway, I go all the way and I think that comes off too

The Mars/Moon conjunct square is most interesting to me bc I feel this complete dysjunct between my passion and my drive. This is another thing I'm really, really working through right now and astrology helps. I have all of this love and passion in me, but find it hard to direct my energy and drive for whatever reason. It's odd. It doesn't sound like it makes sense at all. I sense all of these things I could do if my drive was aligned, but at the same time, the sign my Mars is in can be oppressive to my Gemini Venus and it's gonna require a lot of balance and introspection to get there. So I know I can come off as lazy and disinterested when in fact it's the opposite "

Has anyone else had an experience like this? In my case, I feel like my Virgo Mars can be oppressive to my Gemini Venus because part of me has a tendency to create plans and figure out exactly how to get to my goals, but another part of me NEEDS freedom. It needs room to actually create and feel my way through rather than work under routine. I actually hate routine, yet I realized I need a little bit of it. As a child, I was extremely flighty and I loved to learn random things, venture into various creative projects, but I had an abject lack of follow through power. So I know there has to be a balance

It's tough because once my Virgo Mars comes in and insinuates itself, I get overwhelmed as I just don't function well with routine and order. It puts too much pressure on me and rips away the heart and soul of my desires in life. I've recognized that that part of me that wants to pull in all this routine is working form the basis of anxiety and fear, a fear that if I don't have this order, I won't finish anything. To a certain degree, that may be true, but too much is counterproductive. I have to somehow channel my passion, the passion that is born when I get some kind of creative inspiration. I have to let myself always be in touch with that creative childhood energy, but just balance it rather than extinguish it
I think, at least...

I'm very all or nothing. I've had a tendency to, when I do anything, give so much of my mental and physical energy that I burn out too quickly and it has a lot to do with that Virgo Mars putting so much pressure on me to be perfect when I know rationally that perfection is nonexistant and striving for perfection ruins the purity and love of what we do. Despite that, I find it hard to just channel my passion and love without immediately jumping to all these goals

I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever had a similar experience and what they did to get through it. I feel like perhaps the only answer is to push through and just do, just create and follow my passion despite any anxiety I may feel and from there, I'll learn :pouty:

Last edited:

Whoam1

At a glance look at Mercury for resolution. Virgo and Gemini would not be at war, unless Mercury is afflicted. In away generally speaking your MC squares your AC, find the midpoint that is the MC/AC midpoint, and see if a planet aspects it, you will find resolution here. As who your are in the outside and where you are in this time, will be at harmony.

Lykanized

At a glance look at Mercury for resolution. Virgo and Gemini would not be at war, unless Mercury is afflicted. In away generally speaking your MC squares your AC, find the midpoint that is the MC/AC midpoint, and see if a planet aspects it, you will find resolution here. As who your are in the outside and where you are in this time, will be at harmony.
Thank you for the info! The midpoint is 6 degrees into Leo which is basically just 7 degrees away from my Cancer Sun. I'm not sure if that counts or not or if it only counts because Leo's ruling planet is the Sun. My Leo also happens to be on my 12th house cusp and I have lots of issues with selfesteem and that's what's really at the core of this wider problem of mine. So maybe that's a good insight. Maybe that means I just need to focus on expressing myself and stop getting so caught up in my mind. Most of my goals are artistic in nature

I'm still new to astrology, especially to determining whether a planet is afflicted. My Mercury has easy aspects to my moon, Mars, Pluto, and ascendant, but oppositions to Uranus and Neptune. I've read that Mars and Pluto may be malefic planets, tho, which may make those easy aspects afflictions. Is that true?

Whoam1

I'm ruled by Pluto the Saturn then mars, its def like a strong coffee not everyone can handle it, or me. I'd say that the AC/MC midpoint would be broght about by ur sun, and repressed by the 12th house. I'd def say bost that self esteem! As for Mercury I'd say he is strong and you need to balance both the Virgo and Gemini energies of your chart, 50/50 earth and air will balance too. If mars AND Pluto aspect your AC I'd ask what planets are in Scorpio and the 8th house as you may relate/ be more scorponic than you believe.

Lykanized

I'm ruled by Pluto the Saturn then mars, its def like a strong coffee not everyone can handle it, or me. I'd say that the AC/MC midpoint would be broght about by ur sun, and repressed by the 12th house. I'd def say bost that self esteem! As for Mercury I'd say he is strong and you need to balance both the Virgo and Gemini energies of your chart, 50/50 earth and air will balance too. If mars AND Pluto aspect your AC I'd ask what planets are in Scorpio and the 8th house as you may relate/ be more scorponic than you believe.
So you're saying I need to channel my Sun's energy to balance that square and boost my selfesteem? I can see that. I think I knew that too, but it's something I've struggled with for years so I know it'll take a lot of work. I've made lots of progress too, but I need a lot more to really get where I want to be

Yeah, my Mercury is strong all around. I think it's my strongest planet. It's my chart ruler, and of course I have 3 personal planets in Mercury ruled signs and a lot of major Mercury aspects. I have tragic lack of Saturnian energy, I wish I didn't lol. I do actually think my Pluto is pretty strong. I saw you in another thread about Pluto aspects to the sun and moon. Mine's in it's home sign of Scorpio and also trines my Sun along with Mercury, sextiles my AC, Mars, Uranus, and Neptune, and then squares my Saturn. I know lots of people born around the same years as I was have that last aspect tho

I think my Pluto Scorpio feels strong to me too because it's in my 3rd house which can definitely make me intense in my thoughts and communication and what I desire to talk and think about. I often don't really know where the boundaries are in conversations and I have this need to get to the core, the dirty details, all of what people may even want to hide but that deeply interests me. I know that's the house of Gemini/Mercury. Oddly enough, my Aquarius Saturn is also in my 6th house which I know is Virgo/Mercury. My Mercury strikes again lol

As for the 8th house, all I have there is my mean Lilith. But idk how significant that even is

Last edited:

Whoam1

8th house not very sig. in your chart. Your Pluto and Mercury and screaming however. Find out how they both rule you. Also give credit to Saturn as it triditonaly rules Aquarius so it is powerful, you lack no Saturn energy, it's jus aspected positively which isn't the norm. I'd say your Mercy>Pluto>Saturn dominant. Anything in the 12th,11th,10th house will fuel Saturn as it likes these places, especially the 12th.

Lykanized

8th house not very sig. in your chart. Your Pluto and Mercury and screaming however. Find out how they both rule you. Also give credit to Saturn as it triditonaly rules Aquarius so it is powerful, you lack no Saturn energy, it's jus aspected positively which isn't the norm. I'd say your Mercy>Pluto>Saturn dominant. Anything in the 12th,11th,10th house will fuel Saturn as it likes these places, especially the 12th.
All my personal planets have some influence in those houses, actually. Some of this is a little redundant, but I have my Venus in 9th conjunct the 10th house, Mercury in the 10th, Sun in the 11th, and Mars and Moon in the 12th conjunct my ascendant. Speaking of which, wouldn't my Mars and Moon be pretty powerful too? I'll go ahead and just link my chart since it's easier to just look at it, probably. They have lots of aspects as well and despite being in my 12th house, I feel a strong connection to them. It seems like my mars is almost in my 1st house anyway

So my personal planets fuel Saturn, then? That would be interesting. Perhaps I have some selfdiscipline in me I'm not always aware of. I have kind of a rough relationship with discipline. I've always shunned it as it feels restrictive and I have a need to explore and experience life on my terms and do what I feel, but I tend to go overboard and do way too much to the point it just becomes selfdestructive or I don't get anywhere. I don't do well with authority, routine, or order, but a little discipline may be necessary. I have big goals and desires for my life too, so maybe again it's especially necessary there

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 1.25.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 1.25.32 AM.png
    133.5 KB · Views: 20

Whoam1

The MC ruler is in Cancer, cancer points to the moon, the moon is in Virgo giving power to Mercury. The same goes for the Virgo AC it points to Mercury then back to the moon, pointing to virgo back to Mercury. Then the Sun/Moon mp and the MC/AC mp are in Leo. Pluto then aspects your sun and Mercury, Mars aspects the moon and AC. This puts mars at super drive too then the midpoint Bren mars and Pluto is in libra, libra is ruled by Venus and Venus is on the MC in Gemini.

Whoam1

The signs I see are Virgo,Gemini, and Leo. With Scorpio as a general ruler of the whole thing through Mars and Pluto

Lykanized

The signs I see are Virgo,Gemini, and Leo. With Scorpio as a general ruler of the whole thing through Mars and Pluto
This is all really interesting to me. Before I really learned anything much about astrology, I'd look at Cancer descriptions and feel like I just couldn't relate so much to it. I relate to being emotional and nurturing, but not to seeking security. I tend to be the opposite. Having heavy Pluto and Mars there would make a little more sense. Even tho Mercury is my chart ruler, you see Scorpio as holding more power in my chart? That's even more intriguing. I'd love to know more about you reasoning if you don't mind sharing

astroubi

Heyhey,

I have moon conjunct mars too! Moon in early degrees Virgo and Mars in late degrees Leo. I've been reading about it and it seems it is a fighting spirit, an inner fire where your energy is very much in synch with your intuition/emotions/subconscious.

Here an excerpt from the article I found (Look Up the Stars site):

'They felt threatened early on and developed defense mechanisms in order to fight against what they perceived as a threat to their safety. There is a very present instinct of survival that pushes them to react quickly in situation of danger. They are combative, extremely loyal, and also very volatile. In some ways, a Moon Mars conjunction can remind of the Moon in Aries.'
(...)
The upside to having a Moon Mars conjunction is that this aspect is very visible to everyone, including to the person itself. It's almost always a very conscious side of the person, and it's possible to work on the downsides and reinforce the positive sides of this aspect.

Moon Mars people will fight for you when no one will, they will stand by your side and they will defend you better than you would yourself. They are genuine as they will probably speak and act before they even had the time to process intellectually. They can be over achievers if supported by other aspects.

Those people are overall quite colourful, and although pretty scattered, they make the best warriors.​

When you speak of a discord between your passion and drive, this is not something I relate to much, to me it is much more a fight between what I want and what I need non stop (my Moon is also square natal Sun + Pluto and opposes Saturn) I think this feeling comes from the Sun/Moon square, and actually I think the Moon/Mars conjunction helps me stay energised and answer in a way that is in tune with my Moon needs (forcing me to learn to listen to my feelings as my Sag Sun can be very reckless). I may be speaking ******** though, but be sure to check if the stress wouldn't come from the square with Venus instead of the conjunction.

Towards your Venus in Gemini, I think you should aim to embrace it. They are both mutable signs, so surely there is a way for them to be happy together! I have Mars/Leo and Venus/Scorpio, so I do relate to that feeling of just wtf is it that I want once again, passion or light-hearted fun (but really my Moon wants steady stuff lolz).

Also, I remember reading a while back about Mars in Virgo being easily stressed - have you looked at that?

**EDIT: Would also add this part of the article actually:
There is almost always an immediate reaction in these individuals. Their emotions run high and are quick to show, but also quick to extinct. Depending on the sign where the Moon is located, the cause of their anger and outburst will differ. A Moon Mars in Leo would be offended by a lack of recognition or an attack to their ego, whereas a Moon Mars in Libra would be aroused by an injustice or unfairness they would witness. Of course, the House in which the Moon and mars are located will give more information as to when and where the Moon Mars conjunction would be activated.​

Last edited:

Lykanized

Heyhey,

I have moon conjunct mars too! Moon in early degrees Virgo and Mars in late degrees Leo. I've been reading about it and it seems it is a fighting spirit, an inner fire where your energy is very much in synch with your intuition/emotions/subconscious.

Here an excerpt from the article I found (Look Up the Stars site):
'They felt threatened early on and developed defense mechanisms in order to fight against what they perceived as a threat to their safety. There is a very present instinct of survival that pushes them to react quickly in situation of danger. They are combative, extremely loyal, and also very volatile. In some ways, a Moon Mars conjunction can remind of the Moon in Aries.'
(...)
The upside to having a Moon Mars conjunction is that this aspect is very visible to everyone, including to the person itself. It's almost always a very conscious side of the person, and it's possible to work on the downsides and reinforce the positive sides of this aspect.

Moon Mars people will fight for you when no one will, they will stand by your side and they will defend you better than you would yourself. They are genuine as they will probably speak and act before they even had the time to process intellectually. They can be over achievers if supported by other aspects.

Those people are overall quite colourful, and although pretty scattered, they make the best warriors.​
When you speak of a discord between your passion and drive, this is not something I relate to much, to me it is much more a fight between what I want and what I need non stop (my Moon is also square natal Sun + Pluto and opposes Saturn) I think this feeling comes from the Sun/Moon square, and actually I think the Moon/Mars conjunction helps me stay energised and answer in a way that is in tune with my Moon needs (forcing me to learn to listen to my feelings as my Sag Sun can be very reckless). I may be speaking ******** though, but be sure to check if the stress wouldn't come from the square with Venus instead of the conjunction.

Towards your Venus in Gemini, I think you should aim to embrace it. They are both mutable signs, so surely there is a way for them to be happy together! I have Mars/Leo and Venus/Scorpio, so I do relate to that feeling of just wtf is it that I want once again, passion or light-hearted fun (but really my Moon wants steady stuff lolz).

Also, I remember reading a while back about Mars in Virgo being easily stressed - have you looked at that?

**EDIT: Would also add this part of the article actually:
There is almost always an immediate reaction in these individuals. Their emotions run high and are quick to show, but also quick to extinct. Depending on the sign where the Moon is located, the cause of their anger and outburst will differ. A Moon Mars in Leo would be offended by a lack of recognition or an attack to their ego, whereas a Moon Mars in Libra would be aroused by an injustice or unfairness they would witness. Of course, the House in which the Moon and mars are located will give more information as to when and where the Moon Mars conjunction would be activated.​
It's definitely the square that's troubling me. The Moon/Mars square my midheaven/Venus, the AC square my midheaven...

I love those descriptions as I'd say that through every change in my life, one of the things that has never changed is my pure, raw passion. It comes as a strength when it comes to vitality and surviving all of the pain life brings us, doesn't it? I'm definitely quite fiery despite the fact fire is the most lacking element in my chart. For me, my Mars is ahead of my Moon so I suppose my Moon serves my Mars, as I've heard it described on this forum. It makes it to where every action I do, every move I make, everything is infused with emotion, what I NEED, what truly moves me. It moves me toward desire for authenticity of being. If I crave sex, that sex is always infused with something sensual and personal, if I take action, it's always for a much deeper reason and I move meaningfully

But at the same time, I have that pesky little square. I know squares are there to help us grow and I know since I'm 24, I'm in a period of immense selflearning. That's part of why I'm so interested in astrology atm

I suppose it's possible there are other avenues of my chart that may explain this, but what I've identified is that I have deep selfesteem issues. That's nothing new to me. It's something I've suffered through my whole life. As a child, I was a huge dreamer, always going from book to book but never finishing them, project to unfinished project. My south Node is also in Gemini, btw. As I got older, I recognized these flaws.. I had so much potential, so much creativity in me, so much desire to learn, but so little ability to follow through. I had such strong desire to do something special, so many visions of beautiful music and words, but feeling unable to do something with it all or complete anything. So I began to compensate by becoming obsessive compulsive all throughout my adolescence. That didn't help either. It overwhelmed me. I can't work that way. My selfesteem plays havoc as I start feeling as if I'm just not good enough and I judge myself so harshly I don't even want to face anything I may start to create and therefore I can't finish them

I work best with freedom when I can just do what I feel and I'm wondering if perhaps since I've grown up by now, I should just try to trust myself to 'rule my life like a bird in flight' as I desire to. I have so much inspiration it's almost overwhelming in itself, but there's this block leaving me unable to act on any of it at times. I genuinely feel my best when I can surrender myself to the pure joy of just living and creating like a child carelessly chasing their passions. I'd only need to balance that energy with some followthrough power which I should have now since I'm no longer a child

I swear, I have so much in me. So much in my mind. I have a whole universe of my own creation in my mind and countless creative inspirations, but no one would ever know. Not now. It's frustrating. I have high desires for myself in life and I could never live a life like this where I was unable to pursue my passions because of these blocks

I live my life constantly trying to move forward. I really do think moon/Mars is a nice conjunction as it does make us fiery spirits. I can be over emotional myself, but like you said, we just have to foster the positives and work on those negatives

ADDING:
I just remembered something about Virgin/Whore Virgo archetype. I don't know if you've read about it, but it doesn't relate to sex, per se, but it basically means that for every 'virginal' aspect of the Virgo, the Virgo person is always searching for an escape, which is why there's so many great Virgo artists. There needs to be a release, an arena of freedom. Art is a natural expression of that but I suppose it could take any number of forms. Do you relate to that? So perhaps there is a middle ground. Gemini and Virgo being both ruled by Mercury and both craving their own kind of freedom

Last edited:

Lykanized

What do you think of this chart? I just realized I had been wrong about my birth time by about an hour...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 3.58.19 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 3.58.19 AM.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 18