Hard aspects to Midheaven

Blackbird

I'm currently a student stuggling with indecision concerning my future career. I understand that Gemini MC alone is a somewhat clear indicator of such scatterbrainish state. I also have a few hard aspects - mainly the inconjunctions between my 10H Mars and the outer planets Neptune, Uranus and Pluto - that are concerning me, along with the Pluto-MC opposition. I understand that these have to do with struggle and paradoxes (the quincunx aspect), but I'd like to get a better, more in-depth insight into these, as there isn't a lot of information on these particular aspects out there.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_black_bird.53201.12990.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_black_bird.53201.12990.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 56

katydid

Although Mars is in your 10th, it is ruling your 9th house. And Mercury in Leo in the 11th is the actual ruler of the 10th of career. So that Finger of Fate pointing to your Mars might have it's part in confusing you about what to major in and how to bring about your higher education effectively and successfully. But it might not affect your career in the same way. Mercury has a large impact upon that and it is nicely placed and well aspected with a nice trine to Pluto in the 3rd.

The Finger of Fate to Mars is a somewhat confusing one. For example, Mars in the 10th can describe your reaction towards authority figures. Uranus inconjunct can indicate the urge for rebellion and disruption. Neptune more a feeling of rejection and distrust. But the Pluto in Scorpio adds a different attitude, more of a fascination and ambition to wield power yourself perhaps? So the Yod brings a bit of confusion about one's place in the power structure. Alternating feelings of anger distrust and fascination?

Having zero Gemini on the MC can bring in a lot of options and choices in terms of career. Something involving communication, sales, distribution, teaching, children, travel?

R4VEN

I concur with what katydid has suggested. There is a lot of communication `push' in your chart.

• Your MC is ruled by Mercury, the planet of communication
  • Mercury is in Leo, which tends to describe a rather dramatic kind of communication in the native - one prone to `entertaining' others with stories, or accounts of events experienced. Mercury in Leo people can be quite skilled communicators.
  • Mercury squares Jupiter, which can expand the above tendency, adding an interest in philosophical concepts.
  • Mercury also rules your AC
  • In your Mercury house - the 3rd house - is Jupiter (which will expand all things to do with one-to-one communication, among other things), Pluto (which will provide depth and ambition), and the moon's North Node, which will pull you towards some kind of communication skill in your life.
And your Leo Sun is quintile the MC, so you may also be interested in drama - writing, acting, or something behind the scenes.

arya ishtar

wouldn't chiron (the wounded healer) square MC point to difficulties with *both* the therapist/healer path *and* the doctor/healer path? (like, unless that was your be-all, end-all life choice - and if it was, you wouldn't be asking - then it might be more trouble than it's worth?)

katydid

wouldn't chiron (the wounded healer) square MC point to difficulties with *both* the therapist/healer path *and* the doctor/healer path? (like, unless that was your be-all, end-all life choice - and if it was, you wouldn't be asking - then it might be more trouble than it's worth?)

Chiron square the MC can be difficult. But this square is a 10 degree orb, so that is kind of wide.

And squares create tension but they do not necessarily block the action. Sometimes they spur things on. Especially mutable squares.

arya ishtar

These things about ''doomed'' by hard aspects remind me a lot of peasants rumouring on witches living in the cabin on the top of the mountain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp_l5ntikaU

clarification: i wasn't saying doomed, just more work. and if it's your *passion*, more work isn't such a big deal. but if you're just in it for a *paycheck*, more work may be "the straw that broke the camel's back," discouragement, or contribution to failure.

oh, and i live in a cabin on top of the mountain. don't know as i like to be called "witch," tho. i prefer "magickally abled..." :biggrin: