Today's Full Moon

Elianah

Hi everyone,

Just wondering what the Full Moon emotionally illuminated for everyone when it reached totality in their location. It has not reached totality in my area of the U.S. yet (Iowa, CDT, 1:03 p.m. according to the U.S. Naval Observatory), so it has been waxing over my Moon-Saturn Rx conjunction for the last few hours. It will be one degree off my Saturn at totality. I am still picking through what its telling me...

Elianah

Three-leg-cat

My Sun-Moon Midpoint is in about Gemini 15 degree. Did the full moon passed this degree? I just returned home and before that I and another friend were out griping about the personal issues.

I just indicated the full moon and said we were so emotional tonight.

Elianah

The full Moon was at 20° Sagittarius. The full Moon is always opposite the Sun's sign location. The New Moon is conjunct the Sun.

We can feel the "fullness" of our emotions and of others, especially family, during the full Moon. The sign and house the full Moon appears may indicate to us what the emotional issues may center around.

For instance, Sagittarius partially centers around beliefs, higher knowledge and higher wisdom. Aspects of this include religious and political beliefs. The full Moon tends to encourage the "truth-seeking" mode of Sagittarius to come out and be expressed in somewhat more emotional contexts than Sagittarius normally allows itself. In its best guise, it can encourage a wide ranging exploration of ideas and beliefs and allow each person to have a personal truth that is different from anyone else in the discussion and have that truth be fully respected. At its worst, the full Moon in Sagittarius can become a dogmatic, beligerant bully that demands that one believes exactly as the speaker believes and if not, that person is totally wrong and should not be heard (an aspect of the Sun's location in Gemini).

Which brings up an interesting thought...how many brimstone damnation sermons do you think were delivered this morning from pulpits around the world and how strongly worded were they depending on how close the sermons were delivered to the exact degree of the full Moon? ;)

Elianah

jenluvsblackcat

Hmm. Well before the full moon hit my region, I had been bombarded with messages from these guy friends I knew from my former schooling. They both separately decided to tell me that they were now gay. I'm cool with that. I just thought it was neat that they told me on this day of the moon.

Lorielle

Gah! I knew that. Not sure why I've got Gemini on the brain, probably because that's where the sun is... :) This full moon was in my 10th house. Almost an exact trine to my 2nd house Aries Venus... oh wait, it would be the third leg of a grand trine... 20 Sag (10) - 21 Aries Venus (2) - 23 Leo Uranus (7th).

I don't usually pay a lot of attention to them... but I'm really hoping to get a YES about the job I'm interviewing for this week.

I know that I stopped smoking on October 2nd, 2001 (haven't had so much as a puff since that date). It was a full moon, in Aries. I hadn't planned it that way, found out after the fact. But it worked. :)

Lori

Three-leg-cat

Three-leg-cat said:
My Sun-Moon Midpoint is in about Gemini 15 degree. Did the full moon passed this degree? I just returned home and before that I and another friend were out griping about the personal issues.

I just indicated the full moon and said we were so emotional tonight.
After Elianah's supplement, I remember that my Neptune is in 20Sag26'16". So that may be why I and my friend was blabbering about how contradictive Sagittarians' freedom loving nature would be when they need emotional security in love.

From the conversation last night, I mentioned about "intuition", but right now I forgot what I've expressed. I'm wondering if it's somewhat related to my natal Neptune.

Howl

This full moon was plonk in the middle of my sixth house sagittarian stellium, with natal mercury and sun at around 18deg and neptune 24deg.

Isn't it interesting that last night, after walking alone through town at about one in the morning under that misty full moon, I sat down and read Elianah's amazing reply to my sixth house thread. I went home and played with a flow of ideas and self questions about whether where I am aiming, career wise, has the room for what I truly want to be able to DO. Particularly, I am wondering if I've made enough space in my life for counselling others. Could I focus more with the flow of unconscious, and stop focusing so much on logical thought (study?)

So thank you full moon, I should check what time it actully matured here in Australia!