Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 09-15-2016, 04:14 PM

Re: 👏Calling objective thinkers👏: "The Higher Mind" topic

Sun sign astrology isn't that bad. They use astrological techniques to forecast events, so it is real astrology in my book. I don't think it should be swept under the rug.

Unread 09-15-2016, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
In my opinion, 'Sun Sign Astrology' IS real astrology. There are attributes seen in the sign the sun is placed in , natally and by transit and progression. The Sun is of major importance in astrology and I think that the mass appeal of sun sign astrology helps get people interested in learning more.
Sun sign astrology got me interested in astrology so, yup, that idea holds up.

And my friend, with her Leo Sun/Venus/Ascendant really relates to Sun sign astrology on some level. I think it's cos her chart is Sun ruled with the Sun being right there in the first. So that idea holds up as well!
Unread 09-15-2016, 05:00 PM

As Sib said if we talk about signs as energies or entities rather than sun signs, then Gemini/Saggitarius rules the duality of concrete/abstract, lower/higher thinking.

I remember my debate with bunraku about Gemini/Saggitarius duality of concrete/abstract thinking and example of Conspiracy theorist's ability of thinking both ways despite being saggy. However, I still think we need to examine the whole birth chart to see which pattern of thinking is developed more.

I noticed the 9th house is objective house and so are Saggitarius-truth seekers- 9th house people are extremely socratic, philosphical, mathematical and scientific. I have a friend of mine with packed 9th house, he has high level of intelligence and ability to deal with abstract concept. He is also good in debates.

Saggitarius energy is mature. The house of Saggitarius falls in the sector of maturity, and objectivity. Saggitarius/9th representing young adult/college, Capricorn 10th maturity and work, and 11th house productivity and collectiveness.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theV For This Useful Post:
Bunraku (09-16-2016), katydid (09-15-2016)
Unread 09-16-2016, 05:13 PM

I don't know, 9th house-type thinking often seems like an echo chamber to me. When people talk to much to each other abstractly they tend to forget that the outside world and sometimes even other models exist.
Unread 09-16-2016, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graay ghost View Post
I don't know, 9th house-type thinking often seems like an echo chamber to me. When people talk to much to each other abstractly they tend to forget that the outside world and sometimes even other models exist.
YES, like being trapped in the Ivory Tower.
Unread 09-16-2016, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theV View Post
As Sib said if we talk about signs as energies or entities rather than sun signs, then Gemini/Saggitarius rules the duality of concrete/abstract, lower/higher thinking.

I remember my debate with bunraku about Gemini/Saggitarius duality of concrete/abstract thinking and example of Conspiracy theorist's ability of thinking both ways despite being saggy. However, I still think we need to examine the whole birth chart to see which pattern of thinking is developed more.

I noticed the 9th house is objective house and so are Saggitarius-truth seekers- 9th house people are extremely socratic, philosphical, mathematical and scientific. I have a friend of mine with packed 9th house, he has high level of intelligence and ability to deal with abstract concept. He is also good in debates.

Saggitarius energy is mature. The house of Saggitarius falls in the sector of maturity, and objectivity. Saggitarius/9th representing young adult/college, Capricorn 10th maturity and work, and 11th house productivity and collectiveness.
Bolded= And yet, Saggitarians can be the most immature people I know. They are like perpetual frat boys, which may be from the 9th house college connection. They love to prank others and joke around, even though they are often the brightest people in the room.
Unread 09-16-2016, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
Bolded= And yet, Saggitarians can be the most immature people I know. They are like perpetual frat boys, which may be from the 9th house college connection. They love to prank others and joke around, even though they are often the brightest people in the room.
I feel like I'm contradicting myself. In "common sense" thread I mentioned Saggy lacks common sense and now I'm saying Saggy are mature. I think I'm confused between 9th house people and Sagittarius. 9th house people I met were very smart and mature minded, Saggitarius people varied from immature to mature.
Unread 09-16-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theV View Post
I feel like I'm contradicting myself. In "common sense" thread I mentioned Saggy lacks common sense and now I'm saying Saggy are mature. I think I'm confused between 9th house people and Sagittarius. 9th house people I met were very smart and mature minded, Saggitarius people varied from immature to mature.
YES. That is the perfect example of the difference between signs and houses.
Unread 09-16-2016, 08:25 PM

Re: Sun signs

Sure, the Sun in a sign carries certain traits but a person with their Sun in that sign may or may not exhibit that trait, depending on other factors in the chart. I assume most here are well aware of that...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sibylline For This Useful Post:
katydid (09-16-2016), theV (09-17-2016)
Unread 09-16-2016, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibylline View Post

Sure, the Sun in a sign carries certain traits but a person with their Sun in that sign may or may not exhibit that trait, depending on other factors in the chart. I assume most here are well aware of that...
Thank you for your quite perfectly objective statement on this matter

The Following User Says Thank You to HarmonE For This Useful Post:
sibylline (09-17-2016)
Unread 09-17-2016, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibylline View Post

Well put.
And, to add to that, if Sun sign could describe the native, we wouldn't need to look at the other planets, etc. Sun sign Astrology is just that, sun sign (not the Moon or Mercury, etc.).
Unread 10-01-2016, 01:10 AM

Aquarians tend to be more idealistic in their thinking. Gems use their intelligence sociably. Of the two signs, I consider Aquas to be of the higher mind. I like picking their brains. I'd rather be around Gems than Aquas. They are more fun people.
Unread 10-01-2016, 08:41 AM

My brother is an Aquarious Sun conjunct tightly Aqua Mercury, he has a Pisces moon, Pluto on the ascendant, those I think are significant He is like a genious, he can easily grasp any kind of science, from physics to linguistics. He is very spiritual but practical as well. Even though he's indoubtebly smart and can make interesting points on topics but at the end of the day he's too sensitive and I've realised he gets easily ofended if somebody doesn't agree with him and he starts acting arrogantly to hide it(Retrograde Cancer Mars).
I have my Sun, Asc, mercury in libra, moon in Virgo and even though I'm not that much of a genious in every science I don't get easily frustrated and am very objective, always looking at every side of a topic and different points of views. I have mercury trine uranus, square jupiter, opposite saturn, sextile pluto. I understand most sciences better than most people but I always need 1 or 2 seconds to comprehend every information i'm given, especially jokes my reactions are slow.
This is my experience, I think Aquariouses have powerful minds but are too arrogant, so they are not really that objective because they think they're always right and that's their subjective opinion actually. The geminis i've seen are smart but don't really use their minds for productive conversations/stuff, which annoys my Virgo venus and moon so I come to avoid every Gemini I know. Libra (ascendant) people I know are very smart and the most objective thinkers i've seen. Most Libra suns focus so much on relationships that, similar to Geminis, don't use their potential, but if you talk seriously with them you'll see it.
Unread 10-01-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikehtc13 View Post
On another post we were talking about our experiences with certain air sun, moon, rising signs and someone gave an interesting perspective on Gemini and Aquarius:

{""I agree with that. Aquas are full of themselves but they will always act democratic, they will always play at your level, on the otherside geminis will try to show that they are a level above you.

Aquas are like a higher level of gemini. ""}

So it made me curious, what are your experiences with Aquarius and Gemini souls? Do you feel that Aquarius is truly capable of being the higher mind? Or do Geminis express more of the higher mind? Granted I'm aware that we have lower and higher order beings (whether gems, Pisces, caps,etc) so naturally there will be many not living up to the potential of the sign/energy. This is not strictly sun, moon, rising sign related. These are souls having strong Gemini/Aquarius energy in their chart.
Oh and Let's try and play nice now
Many Aqua guys I know are quite judgmental rather than objective, though.
Unread 10-01-2016, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunny View Post
I have my Sun, Asc, mercury in libra, moon in Virgo and even though I'm not that much of a genious in every science I don't get easily frustrated and am very objective, always looking at every side of a topic and different points of views. I have mercury trine uranus, square jupiter, opposite saturn, sextile pluto. I understand most sciences better than most people but I always need 1 or 2 seconds to comprehend every information i'm given, especially jokes my reactions are slow.
Im curious Lunny....(sorry a bit off topic) is your mercury in the 12th house?

Unread 10-01-2016, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelie View Post
Many Aqua guys I know are quite judgmental rather than objective, though.
Aquas are fixed air..Gemini mutable air. So Aquas may understand your viewpoint, but will not change theirs. Gemini can change their viewpoint if convinced. So Aquas may come off as opinionated.
Unread 10-01-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaRohini View Post
Aquas are fixed air..Gemini mutable air. So Aquas may understand your viewpoint, but will not change theirs. Gemini can change their viewpoint if convinced. So Aquas may come off as opinionated.
Some (Or maybe many) of the Aqua at school I know are ACTUALLY very judgmental, possibly because they are not mature yet. But any way, human beings are complex and no one is the same, so judging peope by their sun makes no sense.
Unread 10-01-2016, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonE View Post
Im curious Lunny....(sorry a bit off topic) is your mercury in the 12th house?
Yes, it is. Why?
Unread 10-01-2016, 09:16 PM

Because it's difficult to give the same amount of attention to every part of a chart, I tend to think of the Sun sign as the base of the person, the raw part. And all the other placements and aspects develop and hone that base so that we see a unique individual instead of one of 12 archetypes.

You could probably start with another important placement, like Moon sign, and do the same thing. Sun sign is the sign most of us know in the West and the most important placement according to many systems, so that's just where I usually start. I rather think the Ascendant and/or the ruler of the first house might actually be more important...I change my mind on that a lot.
Unread 10-02-2016, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaRohini View Post
That is an excellent point. I have an Aqua Sun and Merc., and, yes, I will be honest that I do not change my viewpoint easily, unless really convinced. That said, my Aqua Merc. is right by the Desc., coming from the 6th, so, yes, I am quite eager to hear others' views and am open to discussions. So, I think one should also look at the placement of Merc.

One more thing, whilst an Aquarius Merc. makes me quite an independent and 'fixed' thinker, I do get influenced by people I hold in high stead. I think this has to do with the ruler of my third house, Venus, which is in easily-impressionable Pisces, and that in the 7th house (of others). So, yes, look at the ruler of the third house. Don't make it too simple and make blanket statements, please.
Unread 10-02-2016, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunny View Post
Yes, it is. Why?
Because what you describe I totally relate to. It feels sometimes like there might be an extra door to walk through. I also have mercury in the 12th, so I wondered.

Tags
#feminism, &#calling, objective, the higher mind, thinkers&#, topic