Indicators of longevity, reconciliation, etc.

heretolearn

Hi, this is a general question thread. I am not asking about specific charts. In looking at overall compatibility, synastry, composites, what would be indicators of the longevity of a relationship? I have read that Saturn aspects are considered "binding," and that relationships without Saturn aspects are unlikely to last, regardless of whether the aspect is a soft or harsh aspect.

I came across a few threads where reconciliation was suggested for the two parties, but no transit charts were provided, just both natals and composite. What would be indicators of reconciliation?

I would post charts, but I don't have any examples to provide. I'm just looking to learn more about this area of astrology. Thanks in advance.

rahu

Banned
hi heretolearn

satrun/moon aspects are important in a composite but paradoxicaly Saturn trine to the moon, though an aspect of compatibility and devotion will not save a relationship if there are hard Saturn aspects . longevity is shown often by trines to venus/sun/mars/Jupiter and the moon. not necessarily all these planets involved, but you must have a good venus/moon-mars- sun/jupiter aspects because no relationship will last if there is not a spontaneous affection felt by both.
square to these planets don't always hold up because the emotional tension can turn to emotional obstruction.

I have seem harsh strum aspect in decade old marriages ,but this seems to be associated with one(usually ) the woman giving up her will to the partner.

rahu

thelivingsky

hello Heretolearn,
I have to agree with Rahu. Difficult Saturn aspects dampen the chances for happiness especially if Saturn makes a square or opposition to a personal planet - not so much if he squares outer planets. The conjunction of Saturn and the Moon is really tricky - could work if the Moon also has some good aspects to Venus, Jupiter, Sun. Generally, I don't like to see more than one hard aspect between an inner planet and an outer planet in a composite - they all cause problems; so one is manageable, two difficult, three might be tolerable for a saint but a death sentence for most romances.
Robert Hand's book Planets in Composite is an excellent resource.
Saggy Barb

heretolearn

Thanks, Saggy Barb!
Venus sq. Saturn seems to be a perpetual troublemaker that I've noticed. There are a couple famous couples who had this aspect and eventually got together, but ultimately separated. John Lennon and Yoko Ono supposedly had this aspect.
Thanks again for your input!