Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Career-related Horary Questions

Career-related Horary Questions For horary questions related to career, jobs, vocational issues.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 09-26-2019, 06:47 PM
Cassiopeia's Avatar
Cassiopeia Cassiopeia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Europe
Posts: 139
Will I get this job?

Hello everyone

What are the chances for this job? I applied today. It's quite a shift from my current professional area (I'm unsatisfied with my current job because of instability at work and no raise form years).

Any insights are appreciated
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Get the job D.jpg (54.1 KB, 21 views)

__________________
“When you set out on you journey to Ithaka, pray that the road is long, full of adventure, full of knowledge.” (Cavafy)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 09-26-2019, 07:47 PM
virgo18 virgo18 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Latin America
Posts: 1,735
Re: Will I get this job?

When I see a Saturn squares, opps, conj in a career horary, its generally a "no" but...


Venus is exalting Saturn -the job you applied for- so they liked you and your resume. But Saturnine employers are never convinced at all, so there can be some delay or knowledge tests before they hire you.... Moon trines Saturn, my 2 cents is that they'll hire you, but I think there will be some delay.

Venus sextiles Jupiter - so there can be another job opp in the horizon. FYI




Please tell me what happened. Im curious.

Last edited by virgo18; 09-26-2019 at 07:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to virgo18 For This Useful Post:
Cassiopeia (09-27-2019)
  #3  
Unread 09-27-2019, 08:54 AM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,194
Re: Will I get this job?

Having gotten it wrong once, dare I try again?
You as Venus are in your own sign, however at 15 libra you are at the beginning of the via combusta, not a favourable place to be in. You are in the 6th of the job but not ruling the house, sort of unofficially sitting there.
The job as 6th is mercury, already passed over Venus and squaring pluto, making no other aspects.
The employer is mars, who makes no aspect in this chart, although mercury (6th ruler) will reach a semi-sextile with mars, which is very weak and there is no mutual reception.
Saturn is strong by sign, on the MH that it rules, but conjunct the south node.
Venus separates from a square to Saturn but applies to a square with pluto, also on the MH.
Before the pluto square, Venus will sextile Jupiter, who rules 8th of the employers assets as well as the 12th. Jupiter also opposes your 2nd of income. Will you be offered a job off the books?
Moon is closing in on a trine with Uranus conjunct the ascendent, from the 5th, and then moves to a trine with Saturn MH.
Sun opposes Chiron exactly.
So, you Venus, weak, approach fortunate Jupiter, who however is not a significator of the job.
The Uranus/moon trine is puzzling, but Uranus is the planet of unexpected events.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ElenaJ For This Useful Post:
Cassiopeia (09-27-2019)
  #4  
Unread 09-27-2019, 12:13 PM
Cassiopeia's Avatar
Cassiopeia Cassiopeia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Europe
Posts: 139
Re: Will I get this job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgo18 View Post
When I see a Saturn squares, opps, conj in a career horary, its generally a "no" but...


Venus is exalting Saturn -the job you applied for- so they liked you and your resume. But Saturnine employers are never convinced at all, so there can be some delay or knowledge tests before they hire you.... Moon trines Saturn, my 2 cents is that they'll hire you, but I think there will be some delay.

Venus sextiles Jupiter - so there can be another job opp in the horizon. FYI

Please tell me what happened. Im curious.

Thank you very much for your reading

I'm also applying at the same time here in my city as well as abroad... Could that Jupiter opportunity be abroad?

I'll keep you posted, of course
__________________
“When you set out on you journey to Ithaka, pray that the road is long, full of adventure, full of knowledge.” (Cavafy)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 09-27-2019, 12:15 PM
Cassiopeia's Avatar
Cassiopeia Cassiopeia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Europe
Posts: 139
Re: Will I get this job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
Having gotten it wrong once, dare I try again?
You as Venus are in your own sign, however at 15 libra you are at the beginning of the via combusta, not a favourable place to be in. You are in the 6th of the job but not ruling the house, sort of unofficially sitting there.
The job as 6th is mercury, already passed over Venus and squaring pluto, making no other aspects.
The employer is mars, who makes no aspect in this chart, although mercury (6th ruler) will reach a semi-sextile with mars, which is very weak and there is no mutual reception.
Saturn is strong by sign, on the MH that it rules, but conjunct the south node.
Venus separates from a square to Saturn but applies to a square with pluto, also on the MH.
Before the pluto square, Venus will sextile Jupiter, who rules 8th of the employers assets as well as the 12th. Jupiter also opposes your 2nd of income. Will you be offered a job off the books?
Moon is closing in on a trine with Uranus conjunct the ascendent, from the 5th, and then moves to a trine with Saturn MH.
Sun opposes Chiron exactly.
So, you Venus, weak, approach fortunate Jupiter, who however is not a significator of the job.
The Uranus/moon trine is puzzling, but Uranus is the planet of unexpected events.
Hello ElenaJ, thank you so much for your interpretation

Venus approaching Via combusta is definitely exactly how I feel at the moment: lacking motivation for the current job and quite desperate to get out of it...

Could that Pluto inside the 10 house be someone they already favor for the job?

I'm also applying for a job abroad, could that Jupiter mean some opp abroad?

Uranus/ moon leading to unexpected events suits very well the situation at my workplace... everything is uncertain here...
I have been long playing with the thought of prolonging my stay here or going... I loved the job and feel sad.
But I'm afraid things will go into deeper darkness here... there are no good signs and I'm afraid waiting here will make me regret it later...

I think a Uranus trigger is the only way out of this situation... I'm waiting for things "to explode"...

Thank you once again, I'll keep you posted
__________________
“When you set out on you journey to Ithaka, pray that the road is long, full of adventure, full of knowledge.” (Cavafy)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 09-27-2019, 01:12 PM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,194
Re: Will I get this job?

Could that Pluto inside the 10 house be someone they already favor for the job?

Not with a square it wouldn't.

I'm also applying for a job abroad, could that Jupiter mean some opp abroad?

That would be 9th house, this is 8th house.

Uranus/ moon leading to unexpected events suits very well the situation at my workplace... everything is uncertain here...
I think a Uranus trigger is the only way out of this situation... I'm waiting for things "to explode"...

Could be, however, with a trine it would be not painful and would be helpful.

I'll keep you posted

please do let us know, and best of luck to you.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ElenaJ For This Useful Post:
Cassiopeia (09-27-2019)
  #7  
Unread 09-28-2019, 12:52 PM
Aria Venue Aria Venue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 304
Re: Will I get this job?

the job is a strong dignified saturn!!!! l11 is also saturn(payment)
your sigs are venus and moon.venus in her domicile and exalts saturn , while she has mars in her detriment (mars perspective rivals, ..or the job's boss...etc),mars by the way has essential dignity only from term, while accidentally is in his joy.Also since you referred to Via Combusta....this term is relevant *only* for the Moon. It doesn't affect any other planets. the reason you feel the way you said is because of your moon's placement in virgo.(look how moon feels about venus in virgo!!!!) and remember that venus is under the beams, so she cant see clearly the whole situation...anyway.moon also has not much power to act (slow as oriental, not in her halb...etc)..though she has dignity from triplicity...and saturn(the job) though has moon in his detriment receives her from triplicity
moon trines saturn so yes it seems that you have good chances on getting that job. Regarding moon's aspect to mars..i guess that mars may trouble you a bit..generally speaking, mars is regarded as malefic and of course as venus in libra you have him in your detriment, while saturn the job exalts him.So i guess you wont like much mars=according to this context probably the boss..but soon mars is about to enter his detriment in libra and in venus domicile

Good luck to you !!!

Last edited by Aria Venue; 10-02-2019 at 12:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aria Venue For This Useful Post:
Cassiopeia (09-28-2019)
  #8  
Unread 09-28-2019, 02:33 PM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,194
Re: Will I get this job?

"Also since you referred to Via Combusta....this term is relevant *only* for the Moon. It doesn't affect any other planets. "

Sorry, this isn't accurate.
When the moon in a horary chart is in via combusta the chart might be invalidated or the outcome negative, because the moon is considered the "timer" of events relating to the matter.
However, any planet, even the ascendent can be in via combusta, where it is weakened and depending on aspects it can be considered to be unfortunate, especially in the case where the planet is one of the significators of the question.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ElenaJ For This Useful Post:
Cassiopeia (09-28-2019)
  #9  
Unread 09-28-2019, 03:34 PM
Aria Venue Aria Venue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 304
Re: Will I get this job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
"Also since you referred to Via Combusta....this term is relevant *only* for the Moon. It doesn't affect any other planets. "

Sorry, this isn't accurate.
When the moon in a horary chart is in via combusta the chart might be invalidated or the outcome negative, because the moon is considered the "timer" of events relating to the matter.
However, any planet, even the ascendent can be in via combusta, where it is weakened and depending on aspects it can be considered to be unfortunate, especially in the case where the planet is one of the significators of the question.
My dear Elena i am afraid is pretty accurate!!!!! via combusta refers to the moon and only to the moon!!!!!In this chart we dont have the moon in via combusta and you claim that because venus is at libra and a the degree where via combusta starts then...venus is on the burning road.This is totally different from what the via-combusta is.You said it by yourself...the MOON!!!! AND HERE YOU SPEAK ABOUT VENUS...but i guess you saw someone else referring to that mayby on a relevant cusp...as asc on libra...many do this ..still this is not accurate

And of cource then we must open discussion about the via combusta term and why is affecting the moon in the first place.The definitions of where Via Combusta begins and where it ends differ in old texts.The origin of the meaning of Via Combusta is also unclear..etc
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 09-28-2019, 06:54 PM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,194
Re: Will I get this job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria Venue View Post
My dear Elena i am afraid is pretty accurate!!!!! via combusta refers to the moon and only to the moon!!!!!In this chart we dont have the moon in via combusta and you claim that because venus is at libra and a the degree where via combusta starts then...venus is on the burning road.This is totally different from what the via-combusta is.You said it by yourself...the MOON!!!! AND HERE YOU SPEAK ABOUT VENUS...but i guess you saw someone else referring to that mayby on a relevant cusp...as asc on libra...many do this ..still this is not accurate

And of cource then we must open discussion about the via combusta term and why is affecting the moon in the first place.The definitions of where Via Combusta begins and where it ends differ in old texts.The origin of the meaning of Via Combusta is also unclear..etc
Apologies, I'm not sure if we are in a language misunderstanding here.
Your upper case and exclamation marks are very adamant!

My original observation on the chart included this reference: "You as Venus are in your own sign, however at 15 libra you are at the beginning of the via combusta, not a favourable place to be in. "
I maintain this is a valid consideration. A planet, ascendent and nodes can be in the Via Combusta and influenced negatively by it, as well as the moon.
The querent confirmed this state, "Venus approaching Via combusta is definitely exactly how I feel at the moment: lacking motivation for the current job and quite desperate to get out of it...", which is a fairy accurate description of Via Combusta. Not very satisfied with her current position but not quite sure where to go from here.
Virgo on the other hand is a worker, and doesn't relate to this state of mind.
Also, I've used moon as the matter asked about, I haven't assigned it to the querent, who is Venus.
"but i guess you saw someone else referring to that mayby on a relevant cusp...as asc on libra...many do this .."
I'm not quite sure what you are referring to here, I haven't seen a thread on this. Have you?
At any rate, your comment about Venus being under sun's beams, although it is a wide orb, is true and reconfirms the querent's state of mind.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ElenaJ For This Useful Post:
Aria Venue (09-28-2019)
  #11  
Unread 09-28-2019, 07:35 PM
Aria Venue Aria Venue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 304
Re: Will I get this job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
Apologies, I'm not sure if we are in a language misunderstanding here.
Your upper case and exclamation marks are very adamant!

My original observation on the chart included this reference: "You as Venus are in your own sign, however at 15 libra you are at the beginning of the via combusta, not a favourable place to be in. "

Dear Elena .I already understood the way you said that ...and this is why i told you that via combusta has to do with the moon in horary...

I maintain this is a valid consideration. A planet, ascendent and nodes can be in the Via Combusta and influenced negatively by it, as well as the moon.

According to the ancients “Via Combusta” exerted a malefic influence, particularly for the Moon in one's natal chart.In antiquity libra was actually part of the constellation scorpio and Claudius Ptolemy refers to the constellation of libra as ‘the Claws of the Scorpion’. It has always been regarded as an ominous area of the chart throughout the ages. Ancient worried about any planet arriving at this point, symbolically caught in the scorpion’s claws. Via Combusta is Latin for “the burning way” and generally refers to the first fifteen degrees of the sign of Scorpio. Other astrologers have extended Via Combusta to include the last fifteen degrees of the sign of Libra and/or the entire sign of Scorpio.Modern astrologers have speculated that the negative influence of the signs of Libra and Scorpio, specified as Via Combusta, had its origins in antiquity when many of the malefic fixed stars were located in those two signs.A more insightful explanation used by the ancients considering the influence of Libra and Scorpio as malefic is suggested by Al Biruni: Libra is the Fall of the Sun while Scorpio is the Fall of the Moon. Furthermore, these two signs contain the two malefics. Libra is the Exaltation of Saturn (Greater Malefic); Scorpio (by classical ruler, contains Mars (Lesser Malefic).Libra marks the start of the Autumn Equinox when the sun’s power wanes but both lights are affected in the signs that contain the via combusta. The sun is in fall in libra, the moon in scorpio. This area is opposite their exaltation signs of aries and taurus.Further uncongeniality is emphasised if we recall that libra is the exaltation of saturn and scorpio is the domicile of mars. The greater and lesser lights are overcome by the greater and lesser malefics. The power of the luminaries is weakened hence this area’s link with danger. Because the sun and moon represent one’s life force and soul respectively, anything that diminishes or obscures them should definitely be avoided.As the moon is the most essential celestial body in Horary, is always considered a bad omen for the outcome or the interpretation of any question to find it on Via Combusta. Moon can’t perform properly here, is unlucky, distressed and unpredictable. We are warned by Lilly, Al Biruni and Bonati to defer judgment when Moon is in Via Combusta as Moon is afflicted. Culpeper writes “beware of the end of Libra and the beginning of Scorpio” and Gadbury elaborates that “things go unluckily on and the astrologer should understand the question perfectly avoiding a poor judgment”( “strictures against judgment”.) ...etc

But since you claim that as a valid consideration to regard in this specific chart venus in libra influenced by via-combusta can you please elaborate on the relevant traditional sources ?for example lilly or others...etc




The querent confirmed this state, "Venus approaching Via combusta is definitely exactly how I feel at the moment: lacking motivation for the current job and quite desperate to get out of it...", which is a fairy accurate description of Via Combusta. Not very satisfied with her current position but not quite sure where to go from here.

The querent confirmed that she feels that way, not that this situation is caused by via combusta!And i wrote before why the querent feels that way...simply because moon (her feelings) has venus in her fall...venus is under the beams ..etc


Virgo on the other hand is a worker, and doesn't relate to this state of mind.
Also, I've used moon as the matter asked about, I haven't assigned it to the querent, who is Venus.

The job is always a 10th house issue according to traditional horary.Never 6th.The 6th house relates to unpleasant events, illnesses, querent's employees, etc...Some modern authors though assign the job to the 6th..as they use also outer planets while traditionally pluto neptune..uranus are treated as fixed stars and only in conjunction with relevant cusps or planets in the specific context the moon is also querent's co-significator if is available in the specific context

"but i guess you saw someone else referring to that mayby on a relevant cusp...as asc on libra...many do this .."
I'm not quite sure what you are referring to here, I haven't seen a thread on this. Have you?

I just pointed out that many people tend to make such a statement when they see for example asc on libra on 15* or in the middle between 15*libra to 15*scorpio ...simply because they assume that these degrees affect planets or nodes ...exactly as you said...and i have seen this quite often

At any rate, your comment about Venus being under sun's beams, although it is a wide orb, is true and reconfirms the querent's state of mind.
orb and moitie has nothing to do with horary.This is why Lilly gives two different lists of the sizes of the planets' orbs, saying he uses whichever he happens to remember...In horary, we are concerned mainly with planets exactly aspecting each other. In addition...A planet within 17 and a half degrees of the Sun is said to be "under the beams". It is less serious than the combustion, and we should again consider the degree of affliction by taking into account the distance from the Sun and whether it is approaching or separating...in this chart venus is simply under the beams...and is worth noticing also that venus disposes sun ..so she has power over sun and she can bear the king

Last edited by Aria Venue; 09-28-2019 at 08:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 11-01-2019, 03:45 PM
Cassiopeia's Avatar
Cassiopeia Cassiopeia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Europe
Posts: 139
Re: Will I get this job?

Hello everyone,

first of all, I'd like to thank you all once again for taking your time to look at my horary chart and write your opinion.

I got the job offer and I accepted it. Financially it's lower than I asked for, but it's better than my actual position.

I hope it will be ok as I had to sign the contract under Mercury retrograde... no way I could postpone it until Mercury goes direct, they wouldn't have waited so long for me...

Wish you a great weekend!
__________________
“When you set out on you journey to Ithaka, pray that the road is long, full of adventure, full of knowledge.” (Cavafy)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cassiopeia For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (11-01-2019)
  #13  
Unread 11-01-2019, 07:08 PM
Aria Venue Aria Venue is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 304
Re: Will I get this job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassiopeia View Post
Hello everyone,

first of all, I'd like to thank you all once again for taking your time to look at my horary chart and write your opinion.

I got the job offer and I accepted it. Financially it's lower than I asked for, but it's better than my actual position.

I hope it will be ok as I had to sign the contract under Mercury retrograde... no way I could postpone it until Mercury goes direct, they wouldn't have waited so long for me...

Wish you a great weekend!
congrats !!!! I'm glad everything went well
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aria Venue For This Useful Post:
Cassiopeia (11-01-2019)
  #14  
Unread 11-01-2019, 07:08 PM
ElenaJ ElenaJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,194
Re: Will I get this job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassiopeia View Post
Hello everyone,

first of all, I'd like to thank you all once again for taking your time to look at my horary chart and write your opinion.

I got the job offer and I accepted it. Financially it's lower than I asked for, but it's better than my actual position.

I hope it will be ok as I had to sign the contract under Mercury retrograde... no way I could postpone it until Mercury goes direct, they wouldn't have waited so long for me...

Wish you a great weekend!
Well done.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ElenaJ For This Useful Post:
Cassiopeia (11-01-2019)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 05:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.