Scared of my current solar return

dreamworld928

I'm new to astrology and have been trying to figure out solar return charts. I read that mars in 1st house is pretty bad, and i've been stressing about it. Can anyone help me interpret this chart so I can stop jumping to scary conclusions? Thank you

Attachments

• solar return 2019.jpg
    solar return 2019.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 42

Lykanized

Mars 1st house sounds like a good placement... very action oriented and it’s right at home there in the 1st. What have you read that indicates it’s scary?

Lol you should see mine. I have a massive 8th house Stellium with oppositions to Pluto and my 12th house rules by Scorpio, plus a grand fire trine

dreamworld928

I was just googling placements for solar returns and I read somewhere that mars/sun/stellium in 1st,6th,and 12th indicates danger and difficulty for the year. If it's a good placement i'm pretty relieved.

Arena

First of all I would always cast the solar return in both zodiacs as it can give greater insights. Also always check out your solar arc chart and see where/how that chart is compared with your natal, as in solar arc angles touching natal planets or solar arc planets touching natal angles. Those are heightened themes within one's life that span at least 2, if not possibly 4 yrs (2° orb on both sides) and perhaps even much longer when involving the luminaries with a bigger orb.

One of the most important factor in solar returns are the planets closest to angles. In this case Sun-Merc. So Mercury themed year, Sun highlights Mercury. Could be studious or business minded.

Using whole sign houses would render Cancer as the first house, containing Venus, Sun and Mercury. That's pretty awesome! BUT we always have to look at the whole picture and the aspects being made to the natal planets as well. In this case the t. Venus is partile opposite n. Pluto, which is very separative in nature. Are you in a serious relationship?

Also to make a note of, always check the Moon's aspects. In this case it is tightly conjunct Neptune, meaning very heightened state of emotions and perhaps also confusion. It also falls close to your n. DSC which means this has to do with your close relationship as well. Maybe it is good to channel that into something productive work on your heart and soul.

However, there is a double Mars-Uranus symbolism, t. Mars opp n. Uranus and t. Uranus opposite n. Mars in this chart and the t. Mars falls close to your natal nodes. It can be aggressively declaring or acting out your independence and freedom, feeling/being rebellious and making radical life changes.

Last edited:

dreamworld928

Thank you! i'll be sure to check out the solar arc chart, I haven't looked at that yet. i'm not in a serious relationship at the moment but I have noticed the confusion and heightened emotions with the moon-neptune conjunction. And the mars-uranus transits have also been very noticeable.