Aries-Libra/11th-5th Interception

I originally posted the following comment in the thread "What is your Mars like and how assertive are you" a few days ago (figured I'd include it just in case it has any bearing here):

Scorpio sun / Aries moon, with Mars in Capricorn (exalted) exactly conjunct sun-moon midpoint, in the 8th. Sextile to Saturn in Scorpio, forming a yod with my ascendant. I know many astrologers do not consider the ascendant as part of a yod... I'm interested to know anyone's thoughts on this.

I have Venus exactly opposite my Ascendant. I do feel like this configuration plays out as a major theme/lesson in my life. Asc-Venus opposition makes me want to "play nice" with everyone, don't make any waves, always put on a smile, etc. But I feel like my Mars is pretty fierce but somewhat repressed. I'm super intense (Scorpio stellium) and people feel it when I enter the room. I can just feel everyone sort of tense up and it has caused me to compensate and go all meek and mild, show how harmless I am (or am I? :devil:) which is rather easy with my Venus. But it does nothing to actually negate the simmering beneath the surface. I feel like I'm constantly trying to negotiate that balance but it never comes out quite right. If I'm assertive at all, it usually comes across as aggressive, even though I'm consciously trying to be calmly/kindly assertive.

Today I was mulling over my chart and realized I have Aries and Libra intercepted in the 5th and 11th, signs ruled by the two planets I'm trying to find balance with. Self vs the Other. Self-assertion vs people-pleasing. Finding the middle ground is very difficult for me. It's either all about me or all about the other person.

My moon is intercepted in Aries in the 11th. I was given to big emotions as a child, which was usually shut down, being told to stop being dramatic, etc. As it relates to my house of friends/groups.. maybe my emotional withholding prevents me from forming friendships? Still trying to figure this out.

Also, a question: I have Pluto in my 5th house, but it's in Scorpio. Would that be considered intercepted?

Just looking for any insight into this, any ideas for correcting this imbalance. I read something about looking to my second house (the house ruled by Cancer) for ways to "fix" my moon. I'd greatly appreciate anyone's knowledge on this.

ETA Having an impossible time uploading my chart and not sure if the link will work. If anyone wants to have a look, I was born Nov 4 1984 at 6:32 pm New Bedford, MA.

My chart:

https://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi...;btyp=2;sday=20;syr=2019;mth=gw;smon=4;nhor=1

Last edited:
We have a very similar chart, I'm Nov 8 1986 615pm Scorpio, Aqua Moon, Gemini Rising, and I have Aries NN in my intercepted 11th house (and Libra SN 5th house intercepted).

I've been trying to find information about this and most people just say "change house systems" which doesn't really answer the question IMO. I was going to ask someone on this forum about this exact thing but they have been banned after I joined lol. I noticed your South Node is Conjunct Mercury (communication), so look up interpretations on South Node Conjunct Mercury. A lot of people think the Nodes are extremely important in determining your life path. Thankfully your Nodes are not intercepted in your intercepted houses-so I would say one of your life lessons is to let your wall down and develop genuine connections with people; this would not come easy and more likely it is harder for you to allow yourself to be vulnerable/allow others in. Once you work on opening up, you can utilize your natural warrior abilities gracefully, in a humanitarian (11th House) way. I'm showing your North Node in Taurus (Venus) in your 12th house.

I don't think your Pluto would be intercepted because it's not in Libra, and Libra is the intercepted sign.

Hopefully this helps <3

We have a very similar chart, I'm Nov 8 1986 615pm Scorpio, Aqua Moon, Gemini Rising, and I have Aries NN in my intercepted 11th house (and Libra SN 5th house intercepted).

I've been trying to find information about this and most people just say "change house systems" which doesn't really answer the question IMO. I was going to ask someone on this forum about this exact thing but they have been banned after I joined lol. I noticed your South Node is Conjunct Mercury (communication), so look up interpretations on South Node Conjunct Mercury. A lot of people think the Nodes are extremely important in determining your life path. Thankfully your Nodes are not intercepted in your intercepted houses-so I would say one of your life lessons is to let your wall down and develop genuine connections with people; this would not come easy and more likely it is harder for you to allow yourself to be vulnerable/allow others in. Once you work on opening up, you can utilize your natural warrior abilities gracefully, in a humanitarian (11th House) way. I'm showing your North Node in Taurus (Venus) in your 12th house.

I don't think your Pluto would be intercepted because it's not in Libra, and Libra is the intercepted sign.

Hopefully this helps <3

Thank you for taking the time to respond. It is very timely, as I am having yet another hard lesson in opening up. The hardest part for me lately is that just as I'm beginning to open up and share some stuff about myself, the person seems to decide I'm too much and backs off. I am intense by nature, but this particular person had just as much Scorpio as me, seemed just as intense as me.. but I guess it was just too much.

I have read 12th house north node can give a very lonely life, and I'll say that resonates for me. I have Chiron there too. It's not easy!

Utilizing natural warrior abilities in a humanitarian way sounds quite nice and fits how I feel I should be living/wish I could live. I'm getting better at showing vulnerability but apparently a part of me is still attracting people who are unable or unwilling to see that much of me. I guess I'll just try to be patient with myself.

Thanks again for your thoughtful reply.