Spotting the signs

AppLeo

Oooh, scary~ XD

I dont get why Pisces is associated with photography...

Because Neptune rules Pisces and Neptune is the planet of deception. Photography, cameras, and other digital devices or programs allows you to bend, change, and control the way information is presented, which often times deceives or refines the way people see things. And that is why Pisces can look like anybody.

A graceful looking mermaid with a big eyes and rosy cheeks? I gotta draw this :') You inspire me, App.

But sticking to the topic - I noticed that it's easier to guess the ones whom you share the same sun sign with. No traits observed, it's just luck. (Unless there's a hidden connection???:ninja:)

You should totally draw that! Draw the Little Mermaid from the future.

That makes sense. I find a lot of Leos to be very similar to me both physically and personality-wise. But it's funny because I sometimes avoid assuming someones sign as Leo and try to think of a different sign because I think about the sign Leo way too much.

david starling

Because Neptune rules Pisces and Neptune is the planet of deception. Photography, cameras, and other digital devices or programs allows you to bend, change, and control the way information is presented, which often times deceives or refines the way people see things. And that is why Pisces can look like anybody.
You've been deceived into believing that Neptune is about deception.:annoyed:

david starling

And you think Neptune doesn't deceive? :lol:

And you think it does!:lol: Mercury does, tho. Also, the Moon in combination with Mercury.
Btw, those two elements, silver (Moon) and Mercury were what got photography started.
Neptune is about SEEING THROUGH the illusions, not creating them.

Last edited:

david starling

Mercury is only communication has nothing to do with deception unless it's in aspect to Neptune or Pluto. Neptune, however, fully embraces deception to the fullest.

Mercury is the Trickster. It's not merely a communication-channel. In combination with the Moon, it enables you to think what you want to think. Are you equating Neptunian effects with the qualities of the 12th House? Kinda sounds like it.

david starling

Yeah, a LOT of the conventional interpretations don't work for me. I just happen to know Neptune from the inside out, due to my Chart. Btw, the Traditional-astrologers don't even consider Neptune an Astrological-influence. That amazed me, because I hadn't heard about Traditional-astrology until I joined the Community. I liken Astrology to a tree, with Traditional as the roots, and Modern as the branches. You have your own Modern branch goin' on, and a lot of what you say works for me and agrees with my own branch. We're both independent thinkers. I use [IMO] a lot, but maybe not enough!:happy: We each have our own angle of view, based on our Charts, so we each see the Truth differently. [IMO]

Last edited:

AppLeo

Yeah, a LOT of the conventional interpretations don't work for me. I just happen to know Neptune from the inside out, due to my Chart.

Conventional interpretations are usually right and are the fundamental basis for all knowledge. Most people's own interpretations never stray very far. I can't understand how you think Neptune is not deceptive. People are delusional because they deceive themselves, which is what Neptune does! Neptune makes us see what we want to see and it is hardly ever rational or makes sense, which is why Neptune is associated to artistic, creative, or intuitive ideas.

What exactly do you believe Neptune is?? If you think Neptune isn't deceptive then what is it??

And with Mercury. You think people with Mercury Moon aspects are more deceptive than people with Neptune Moon or Neptune Sun?? Mercury can only be deceptive with your example of the Moon. Neptune can bring deception no matter what planet it's paired up with.

Oddity

Traditionally, Saturn is the father of lies. Mercury can do it, too, especially with Mars involved. Even Mercury-Jupiter in bad aspect.

Photography is the moon.

It's okay to disagree in modern, but I wouldn't discount the traditional readings entirely.

AppLeo

Traditionally, Saturn is the father of lies. Mercury can do it, too, especially with Mars involved. Even Mercury-Jupiter in bad aspect.

Photography is the moon.

It's okay to disagree in modern, but I wouldn't discount the traditional readings entirely.

Photography is the moon?? LOL :lol:

david starling

Conventional interpretations are usually right and are the fundamental basis for all knowledge. Most people's own interpretations never stray very far. I can't understand how you think Neptune is not deceptive. People are delusional because they deceive themselves, which is what Neptune does! Neptune makes us see what we want to see and it is hardly ever rational or makes sense, which is why Neptune is associated to artistic, creative, or intuitive ideas.

What exactly do you believe Neptune is?? If you think Neptune isn't deceptive then what is it??

And with Mercury. You think people with Mercury Moon aspects are more deceptive than people with Neptune Moon or Neptune Sun?? Mercury can only be deceptive with your example of the Moon. Neptune can bring deception no matter what planet it's paired up with.
Since you asked, [IMO] Neptune connects us to the (currently) unseen Spiritual-realm. When Neptune went into Virgo, it's weakest position, we got the Great Depression and WWII. Neptune's stronger position in Libra brought us out of it. (Modern, of course).

AppLeo

Since you asked, [IMO] Neptune connects us to the (currently) unseen Spiritual-realm. When Neptune went into Virgo, it's weakest position, we got the Great Depression and WWII. Neptune's stronger position in Libra brought us out of it. (Modern, of course).

OKay.......

AppLeo

It is. You may not have noticed, but the moon is the biggest reflector of the sun's light.

That's why.

Yes, I know the Moon reflects the Sun. But that's like saying.. because the moon is white it represents purity. And because the Moon has holes in it, it rules over flaws.

The Moon and photography :whistling:

animatedoodle

This argument is funny.

And because I'm Mars in Aries I want in!

How bout this spanner.....why do planets have to "rule" tangible things like photographs and the cinema? It doesn't make much sense to me. If feels restrictive once you start putting them in boxes

Not everyone that has a Pisces Midheaven is a photographer or filmmaker. Some of them are spiritual leaders (Dalai Lama) or famous physicist (Albert Einstein)

Are you saying that right now as Neptune is transiting over the Dalai Lama's midheaven he will start to question his journey and think about going into the movie industry?

It's not that simple to look at the Midheaven only. Or to assign a huge list of possible tangible connections.

I'll give you this bone on to WHY I think this way
When I'm reading a chart to someone, I like to be as spiritual as possible, about their own journey and the whole array of possibilities that they can take based on the ENERGY that is manifested in the planets and then expressed through the houses and aspects.
It seems to get a better response rather than me saying "Oh Pisces Midheaven? You should get into art or film school!"

I have a Scorpio Midheaven..... so I *cringe* everytime someone tells me I should be a detective. *cringe*

animatedoodle

I know this is an argument about planets.

Nothing rules photography but the individuals desire to learn it.
:bandit:

Sorry is that rude??
I just think its limiting to give Astrology that much power.

It increases the chances of being wrong.

As a pretty strong Aries girl...I hate. being. wrong. HATE IT. :crying::crying:

AppLeo

This argument is funny.

And because I'm Mars in Aries I want in!

How bout this spanner.....why do planets have to "rule" tangible things like photographs and the cinema? It doesn't make much sense to me. If feels restrictive once you start putting them in boxes

Not everyone that has a Pisces Midheaven is a photographer or filmmaker. Some of them are spiritual leaders (Dalai Lama) or famous physicist (Albert Einstein)

Are you saying that right now as Neptune is transiting over the Dalai Lama's midheaven he will start to question his journey and think about going into the movie industry?

It's not that simple to look at the Midheaven only. Or to assign a huge list of possible tangible connections.

I'll give you this bone on to WHY I think this way
When I'm reading a chart to someone, I like to be as spiritual as possible, about their own journey and the whole array of possibilities that they can take based on the ENERGY that is manifested in the planets and then expressed through the houses and aspects.
It seems to get a better response rather than me saying "Oh Pisces Midheaven? You should get into art or film school!"

I have a Scorpio Midheaven..... so I *cringe* everytime someone tells me I should be a detective. *cringe*

Neptune relates to cameras and photography because Neptune is all about the refinement and perfection of things. I know someone who has started her career and youtube and was successful at it. She has Neptune conjunct her MC and she does youtube videos. When people watch youtube videos, they are only seeing what the youtuber wants them to see. That is deception. Neptune makes us see what we want to see by ignoring the earthy annoying details that are uninteresting.

animatedoodle

Neptune relates to cameras and photography because Neptune is all about the refinement and perfection of things. I know someone who has started her career and youtube and was successful at it. She has Neptune conjunct her MC and she does youtube videos. When people watch youtube videos, they are only seeing what the youtuber wants them to see. That is deception. Neptune makes us see what we want to see by ignoring the earthy annoying details that are uninteresting.

Okay so you are saying that you can make the connection.

I have Uranus conjunct my Midheaven.

What am I going to be when I grow up?