Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Relocation Astrology

Relocation Astrology For discussions on relocation astrology techniques: astro*carto*graphy, relocated charts, local space directions etc.

Unread 09-29-2019, 10:03 PM

A theory about where you are born and your happiness in life.

Almost a year ago, I moved from a southern state to NYC and I cannot be happier. I had an unstable childhood and I noticed that of all the places I lived in, it felt like hell when I was there. I was socially excluded more than I have ever been in my life and was on the wrong end of so many bad things.

Maybe I am speaking too soon but as many struggles as NYC has presented, it has also been enlightening and a wake up call for me. I have almost woken up in this city and despite being an adult, find it easier to make friends here than I ever did back "home".

But the truth is, there were many people who had an amazing time there and it was the time of their lives. Everything you could imagine, life just seemed so perfect for them.

Then I had a theory about it all.

It kind of hurts to think about it, how great my life would have been had I not spent so much of it in Georgia.

When I looked at kids I knew growing up who were popular, had large friend groups, and were living the life.....their astrology matched somewhat with the area. A lot of them had signs which were in similar elements or the same sign (Sun or Moon) as the state itself. In other words, they were the signs that worked harmoniously with the state and did not square it or become of a different element.

What if your happiness in a place depends on its natal chart?

I started to think of that. Thinking what if you would have had a happier childhood or adolescence in a state if it matched more with your natal chart compared to if it didn't. Like a place will make you miserable if your natal chart is in bad chemistry with it compared to being in good chemistry with it.

Unread 09-30-2019, 12:44 AM

Re: A theory about where you are born and your happiness in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The19thLaw View Post
Almost a year ago, I moved from a southern state to NYC and I cannot be happier. I had an unstable childhood and I noticed that of all the places I lived in, it felt like hell when I was there. I was socially excluded more than I have ever been in my life and was on the wrong end of so many bad things.

Maybe I am speaking too soon but as many struggles as NYC has presented, it has also been enlightening and a wake up call for me. I have almost woken up in this city and despite being an adult, find it easier to make friends here than I ever did back "home".

But the truth is, there were many people who had an amazing time there and it was the time of their lives. Everything you could imagine, life just seemed so perfect for them.

Then I had a theory about it all.

It kind of hurts to think about it, how great my life would have been had I not spent so much of it in Georgia.

When I looked at kids I knew growing up who were popular, had large friend groups, and were living the life.....their astrology matched somewhat with the area. A lot of them had signs which were in similar elements or the same sign (Sun or Moon) as the state itself. In other words, they were the signs that worked harmoniously with the state and did not square it or become of a different element.

What if your happiness in a place depends on its natal chart?

I started to think of that. Thinking what if you would have had a happier childhood or adolescence in a state if it matched more with your natal chart compared to if it didn't. Like a place will make you miserable if your natal chart is in bad chemistry with it compared to being in good chemistry with it.
You have a great point 19th you really do.

I have read some threads on here (especially Vedic) where the place you are from or living right now does not go well with your chart. I think its where the planets are depending on where your based. I did a Solar return chart on myself and put in the are Im in right now (UK) then put a USA state in and the whole chart changed. My ascendant etc changed so your life will change depending on where you are. You also have to make the most of it too. take advantage of your chart
The Following User Says Thank You to Hkk For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (09-30-2019)
Unread 09-30-2019, 03:51 PM

This effect is quite well known, which is why we have mundane charts of events, places, etc such as the day a business begins operations, or the launching of a ship.
Unread 09-30-2019, 03:56 PM

Very interesting, thank you for opening this thread.
I was actually born in the NY area, lived very unhappily there, never quite felt I fit in, the one thing that was always positive was work.
I now live in a different country whose sun falls on my ascendent, and my relocation chart has Jupiter on the ascendent. And I feel I belong here, from the first moment I set foot. Even though work has been more difficult here.
So, I agree completely with what you wrote, and find relocation charts a very valid and helpful tool towards finding a suitable location where the best of your chart can come to the surface.
The Following User Says Thank You to ElenaJ For This Useful Post:
Hkk (09-30-2019)
Unread 09-30-2019, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJ View Post
I was actually born in the NY area, lived very unhappily there, never quite felt I fit in, the one thing that was always positive was work.
I now live in a different country whose sun falls on my ascendent, and my relocation chart has Jupiter on the ascendent. And I feel I belong here, from the first moment I set foot. Even though work has been more difficult here.
So, I agree completely with what you wrote, and find relocation charts a very valid and helpful tool towards finding a suitable location where the best of your chart can come to the surface.
Thanks for the Thank you ElanaJ.

Im from the UK. I went onto astro.com and played around with relocation charts. Im cap sun, libra rising leo north node. When i change it to New York or Canada it changed my rising to Leo my NN in 1st instead of 11th and my 3rd house stellium in sag changed to the 5th! The only thing is chiron was in the 10th house. Otherwise i was contemplating packing my bags and moving! lol no joke....i will take myself where i'm happy or happier
Unread 10-01-2019, 12:48 AM

Anyone born on the MC Venus line is said to a higher likelihood of appearing in public events, have some deal of fame or celebrity, and friends in high places. My Mom founded a local Autism Society chapter in Riverside county twice (In the 1980s and again, 90s) after I was first diagnosed with mild autism in age 4 and again after I graduated high school. Due to this fact, the MC Venus line in the So CA desert not far from my birthplace Fontana CA and hometown Indio, best described my life which had some difficulties (Venus is in the sign Aries).
Unread 10-02-2019, 01:37 AM

I've been in a city for a few years which doesn't vibe with me at all, and while I'm interested in location astrology, it's hard for me to get behind the premise of it.

I know certain cities/countries definitely have certain energies, which tend to align with certain signs/aspects/planets, but I rarely see location charts which make much sense. Also the idea of how a birth time is determined for a city/place is hard for me to accept.

Any other sources that might help?
Unread 10-05-2019, 12:16 PM

If I cast a relocation chart to the place I currently live.... my Sun conjuncts my MC within a 1 orb.

I am an entrepreneur....

I have been on TV I think 3-4 times, in newspapers numerous times, I got even a movie cast
The Following User Says Thank You to helike13 For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (10-05-2019)
Unread 10-05-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuterPlanets89 View Post
I've been in a city for a few years which doesn't vibe with me at all, and while I'm interested in location astrology, it's hard for me to get behind the premise of it.

I know certain cities/countries definitely have certain energies, which tend to align with certain signs/aspects/planets, but I rarely see location charts which make much sense. Also the idea of how a birth time is determined for a city/place is hard for me to accept.

Any other sources that might help?
i agree, transplanting birth time astrology onto countries feels a bit too easy for me

how can you trust when a country started? -- in someone's mind, in a contract, at a decisive moment in war?
Unread 10-05-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helike13 View Post
If I cast a relocation chart to the place I currently live.... my Sun conjuncts my MC within a 1 orb.

I am an entrepreneur....

I have been on TV I think 3-4 times, in newspapers numerous times, I got even a movie cast
What movie!!? Why was u in the paper?
Unread 10-05-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasureForever View Post
i agree, transplanting birth time astrology onto countries feels a bit too easy for me

how can you trust when a country started? -- in someone's mind, in a contract, at a decisive moment in war?
Countries as well as cities normally have a constitution, or some type of foundation, on which a horoscope is based.
The Following User Says Thank You to ElenaJ For This Useful Post:
Hkk (10-05-2019)
Unread 10-05-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Countries as well as cities normally have a constitution, or some type of foundation, on which a horoscope is based.
I don't know, it's harder for me to take a chart based on an event (in which there's often quite a bit of subjectivity in when it happened exactly) for a place/country. Charts of cities are even less believable for me, because many "cities" operated as such for many years before any formal document or naming was done.
The Following User Says Thank You to OuterPlanets89 For This Useful Post:
passiflora (10-05-2019)
Unread 10-05-2019, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuterPlanets89 View Post
I don't know, it's harder for me to take a chart based on an event (in which there's often quite a bit of subjectivity in when it happened exactly) for a place/country. Charts of cities are even less believable for me, because many "cities" operated as such for many years before any formal document or naming was done.
A city would normally have a charter when it is officially founded. That is when the city is "born".
Unread 10-25-2019, 01:15 AM

Quote:

I feel like NY would appeal to a Leo or Capricorn or Taurus perhaps, given the state and city's birth charts.
The Following User Says Thank You to The19thLaw For This Useful Post:
ElenaJ (10-25-2019)
Unread 11-08-2019, 09:45 PM

I was born in Eastern Europe but moved to Australia when I was barely a toddler and grew up there. Even though it'd been my home for almost three decades, I never felt truly content or happy. I was always coming from a place of lack and I never felt like it was my country. Even if no one had told me that I wasn't born there I bet that I would have still intuitively felt that I didn't belong in Australia. Funny thing is my whole family feels exactly the same way.

Now I'm living in the UK and I feel much better here. I can't say for sure it's my true home, and I have a feeling that I'm going to move again, when and where I don't know, but I feel I'm on the right path here and have totally changed my way of being thanks to key people I've met. I also, for the first time, have experienced what it's like to truly feel abundance, which means a lot to me given the s*** I've experienced. I truly believe that moving here may have literally saved my life, otherwise I know for a fact that I'd have ended up a very sad and defeated person had I stayed back there because I was becoming increasingly frustrated. Who knows, I might have even contemplated suicide. It was a fork in the road kind of time and I know I made the right choice for my growth.

I feel no ties to Australia, as cold as that sounds, but I feel something for my motherland even though I was uprooted with no memories of it. I don't know what it is in my chart vs Australia's, but looking at my relocation chart placed Mars on my ascendant and Venus on my MC. I didn't feel very Venus MCish, but I don't particularly like the look of Mars-ascendant. Saturn was also in the 11th House, and I did have extreme difficulties finding friends during my childhood and early teens.

Tags
born, happiness, life, theory