Selling a house (signing a contract) under the retrograde Mercury transit: yes or no?

mahaira

I know that we should take into consideration other aspects (I’m posting the owners chart with transits in the beginning of July), but I was wondering if any contract signing should always be avoided while Mercury is retrograde.

We are selling a house after having notified the buyer of every single problem the house might have and he still wants to buy it, since he owns the adjacent properties (he’s buying little by little the whole street).

He has even offered a fair price and is ready to sign a document stating that he is buying the property fully aware of the mentioned problems.

Thank you for your thoughts :smile:

Attachments

• TranJul.jpg
    TranJul.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 28

mahaira

After doing some research and checking the dates, I realized that it was possible to avoid signing anything while the Mercury is retrograde.

It is really ill-advised to buy/sell/sign anything during Rx.
We will have to travel however during the last days of this retrograde transit, but that is unavoidable.
The good thing is that we will not be travelling for business purposes only (apparently not good when Mercury is in retrograde), but to see friends and family as well.

I've found these sites very useful:

https://www.astrologyzone.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-mercury-retrograde/

http://www.hairboutique.com/blogs_p/index.php/2015/01/22/mercury-retrograde-2/

ElenaJ

Well we can't really close ourselves up in a closet during every mercury retrograde period, can we?
The important thing to keep in mind is to read and re-read and re-read, dot every i and cross every T very carefully.
Double check figures, dates, etc.
And then hope you've covered it all!

waybread

Some of us have Mercury retrograde natally, for life.

I don't find that Mercury retrograde makes a big difference, because normally I expect that things could go wrong, so it's just a question of more careful planning, and having a back-up in case something does go wrong.

Inquisag

I agree with not signing a contract during a retrograde period unless you absolutely cannot avoid doing so. Instead it is a great time for investigation. If the person buying your house has not said yet why he is buying all adjacent properties, you may learn the reason during the retrograde. You may learn that you should not sell the property to him.

Regarding the chart you posted, I'm guessing that it shows transits for the start of the Mercury retrograde period on the outside of the wheel and your natal positions on the inside. The part of fortune has been excluded from Astrodienst charts of late. I have found that it is a necessary element when it comes to finances. However, if the date and time you casted the chart is given at the bottom, my calculations place the part of fortune in the 8th house which doesn't make it helpful here. It would be helpful to see where it is in your natal chart.

Your Sun is below the horizon, indicating that you would use the night formula: Ascendant + Sun - Moon. I got 10 degrees 50 minutes Aries for your natal part of fortune, placing it in the 3rd house. I'm rusty with calculations, so that could be wrong. If I am correct, your part of fortune is conjunct Jupiter across the 4th house. That adds to your fortunate placement of Jupiter in the 4th, conjunct the IC (4th house cusp).

I consider Jupiter's placement to be in the buried treasure spot. This spot may only apply to Horary Astrology as I have not had an opportunity to test it. Anthony Louis wrote the following in his book, Horary Astrology Plain And Simple: pg 37 "...I was reading the aphorisms of Guido Bonatus as background for this book. In saying #122, Bonatus tells us to consider 'whether the Part of Fortune be in the first 10 degrees of the 4th house, with the Moon's North Node, the Moon, Venus and Jupiter, and they be direct - for that signifies the native shall be lucky in discovering and finding out hidden treasure... and if only the Part of Fortune be there not afflicted, a small quantity.'

If that is indeed transiting Jupiter entering your 2nd house, you may be giving away a fortune by selling your house or selling your house will lead to a fortune. I suggest keeping your ears and eyes open and asking questions now until Mercury shadow period ends (July 26).