PAST LIVES

Arian Maverick

In an attempt to get back on topic to astrology, I am going to attempt to research the idea of locating our ancestors in our natal charts...I'll post back if I can find anything. :wink:

Since we are no longer allowed to appologize I won't...instead I'll try to steer my free-flowing Aquarian Rising energy back on track.

Aquarian Maverick

Kite

I too have my North Node in Pisces/South in Virgo, so I think that for you and I, we have to learn how to balance these 2 extremes this time around. I too like viewing big portions of 'reality' through my Virgo S. Node lens. It's easy, tidy, and comforting actually. Manageble is the word I'm looking for!!!. It's scary sliding over into the Pisces side and releasing all that Virgonian teeth clenching lazer like focus.....to float free in that massive Ocean of Awareness....and just trust. But there it is!

If only your south node and my Pluto could really learn this lesson! So often I want to have "all the truth and nothing but the truth) which for Virgo is basically all the facts. Facts help me form judgements which is another 7th house manifestation with Pluto in there squaring my Sag Saturn conjunct the MC.

Taking the deep dive into the Pisces ocean of awareness is so antithical to my Virgo Pluto..which also btw squares the nodes. Letting go of the facts, the details, the utlimate judgements that help ground me is something I've obviously had to relearn this lifetime as Pluto square the nodes has been characterized as a "shortcut" position by Jeffrey Wolf Green meaning not doing the full work to move from the past to the future.

Understanding past lives for me then has to overlook the details and get to the emotions underneath and release the Karma from my cellular memory. By acknowledging the trauma and absoring it/trasmuting it, I can free myself and the others involved from having to repeat it. I call this clearing my emotional body - the etheric body. The clearer I get, the lighter I feel and the more empathatic I am. I imagine with thousands of lives some of us old souls have lived/are living - it would be impossible to pay off all the karma incurred. Therefore, using this self's focus to include all of those selves and to join them in unity and purification would allow one to ultimately rise above the Karma...which speaks to my North node position in Scorpio conjunct the MC.

Kite

Arian Maverick

I don't have Pluto in Virgo, but it is the apex of one of my yods and receives the energies of a tight Sun/Mercury/Venus conjunction and a Mars sextile--pretty intense stuff indeed. Also, my Virgo South Node is part of a boomerang involving what appears to be Uranus and the Moon, and it also receives the focus of a T-Square.

Are there any other possible indicators of past lives besides the placement of the South Node? I've heard that the 12th house is sort of a vague collection of feelings and memories from prior lives, a "rubbish bin" so to speak...but as such, it is difficult to use it for this purpose.

Aquarius Maverick

Arian Maverick

Interesting link, Kite! And no, I didn't have to register in order to read the information...which is good, because I don't think I can keep up with any more account information :?

I have a question, though...who is the Shaumbra they refer to?

Aquarian Maverick

A

Anonymous

nodal transits

sita said:
I have a question regarding nodes that I haven't been able to find the answer on, and I am wondering if you might have any ideas on the matter? When I look at my chart with current transits, I notice that the True Node is transitiing into a conjunction with my Natal South Node in Aries, and I am wondering what effect this might be having on my experiences.. I have not heard people talk much about the transitting true node placements, which makes me question their importance.

Any ideas?
Sita

I am recently studying the transits of the moon's north node in my own birthchart. Some of the best questions have come out of Raymond Merriman's Evolutionary Astrology p213-217. I recommend finding the midpoints to your cardinal angles (they'll be in your 2nd, 5th, 8th, and 11th houses. Then make a circular timeline of your life, looking up in an ephemeris the dates that correspond to when the north node transited each of your cardinal angles and their midpoints. Give yourself plenty of time to retrieve memories from the dates you get. If you're not used to doing this kind of excercise, it might take you quite a few times (days, weeks, months of contemplation) before you arrive upon the special circumstances and events that characterize what the universe was trying to hand to you.

This north node transit through Aries is now over...but I would imagine that you can, now with retrospect, pinpoint what the north node was bringing up in you. I would have to look at your whole chart before knowing or reading anything really helpful, but I can assuredly guess that the north node transit was pointing toward authenticity, asking you to acknowledge yourself and your progress. My experience is that the north node touches off some very key experiences (indicated by the house placement and the corresponding themes.) These experiences are generally big. You would know how to measure the relativity and development of your north node transit by making that circular timeline.

Good luck!

A

Anonymous

north node transiting natal Aries south node

Forgot to say this:

You will feel your own talent, including--but not limited to--sheer drive. You will have a comprehensive impression of many lifetimes' worth of fighting. You will feel all the courage and self-orientation you need in order to face whatever's next, especially as justice in your relationships and beauty in your arts demand your strength of character. Embrace what you are.

Being spontaneous might feel significantly pleasant right now. If you go for it, rest assured you will learn a lot (good and bad.)

Two of my most favorite times in my relationship with myself (uncovering of myself so far) happened during n.node transits of my s.node. It's fun.

I'm curious; is your Chiron near your south node?

A

Anonymous

Re: nodal transits

This north node transit through Aries is now over...

Oh how I hate to make mistakes! The north node will be in Aries until June 22, 2006. But I don't know what degree your s. node is, so I can't say whether your transit is over or not.

markus

hi markus here :) my question has started up a lot of interesting conversations. past lives are very interesting. Thanks to aquarian maverick lapis and draco for replying. :wink:

A

Anonymous

plutonic regression

Just want to say that I LOVE the excitement in the air!! Its pure cosmic gold being thrown around on this forum. And, I agree,Lapis, it would be great to start another thread about this sort of stuff. I'm sure we'd be blitzed at what we'd be able to help each other understand.

Happyraccoon, thank you so much for your insight and starter fuel. I just love new assignments!!! All of your pointers resonated,and I'm looking forward to getting those midpoints and checking back. It should be a fun dig in the pit. You asked about my Chiron, and yes, it looks to be about 30 degrees from my South Node and 11 from my Aries Sun. I don't think it technically makes a stellium, but there seems to be a lot going on for me in that neighborhood. I think the transit is over for me, but here's a peep at my chart, if you're still interested.

http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?...gbpf9Z-u1132608114&lang=e&gm=a1&ast=1181,+h13

I want to thank everyone for sharing these past life posts. Excuse the irony, but I feel so less alone (ha ha) to know that others are going through a similar past life re-integration process. It can be quite a load to integrate past life w/ trauma, be here now, heal a childhood. and simultaneously get to work on time, as many of you know. So, Thank You All For Sharing. Just another reminder that we're all one being, always waking up to our many faces/facets.

Somewhere on this ever expanding thread someone asked about particular chart aspects that might indicate past Iives. I don't know where EXACTLY to source this info , but I read somewhere that a natal Pluto inconjunct Venus aspect at 150 degrees could indicate a past life as a prostitute. Which.... drum roll, please... I have in my chart and KNOW that I've been in atleast one past life, as a "high class whore" to the court of Loius XIV in France's pre-head chopping days, but probably have been in many more. :oops: My Pluto is iin H8 Libra, too, giving that H3 venus some mightly "directed" mutual receptivity. Not sure, but I would guess the Pluto in anyone's chart (planet of death and rebirth) would be a strong indication of another place to look for past lives, as it was with certainty for me.

Sita

Lapis

sita,

I'm sure we've all got some old concubine, whore, temple Priestess, prostitute past lives in us no matter what our sex is this time around! :lol: After all they claim it to be the oldest profession! :wink:

I just started a new "Metaphysical" thread at General Chat so we now have a place to get carried away with all sorts of other interesting things too.

I hear ya about the need for 'multi-tasking' at the speed of light now! Ascension 101 :lol:

Arian Maverick

Just want to say that I LOVE the excitement in the air!! Its pure cosmic gold being thrown around on this forum. And, I agree,Lapis, it would be great to start another thread about this sort of stuff. I'm sure we'd be blitzed at what we'd be able to help each other understand.

I see from your chart that you're also an Aries...leave it to us rams to energize a forum...or anything else for that matter! 8)

Somewhere on this ever expanding thread someone asked about particular chart aspects that might indicate past Iives. I don't know where EXACTLY to source this info , but I read somewhere that a natal Pluto inconjunct Venus aspect at 150 degrees could indicate a past life as a prostitute.

That was probably me...I have an Aries stellium in my second house (Sun/Mercury/Venus) all inconjunct Pluto in Scorpio in my ninth house. Perhaps I was a prositute in a past life (we all know what region Scorpio governs :wink:), but I have a strangest inkling that I was a midwife.

EDIT: I have just created a new board, Astrological Influences That May Indicate Past Lives. As the title indicates, the intention of this thread is to provide a place strictly for discussing "astrological influences that may indicate past lives"...not for sharing the past life memories themselves. Lapis has kindly created The Metaphysical Corner for this specific purpose and others, which can be found in the General Chat Boards. Hopefully, this will help tidy things up a bit :wink:

Aquarian Maverick

A

Anonymous

Will it be a bit too late posting this reply? :roll:

I was really impressed after reading through Aquarian Maverick's experience of past life.

Here goes mine
Date back when I was a child, I watched a movie about the ancient Chinese making human into clay statues and burrying them alive. I cried fiercely while I was watching that scene. It was like 3 years old when I watched that movie, and 19 years later I could still remember that scene clearly. At the very beginning, I didn't link the movie up with my own experiences for I was only a kid at that time and thought that was only something fictitious. In the later school life, I started to learn keywords of my own language as well as English (ah yes I do not speak English as my primary language:p). I found myself being very sensitive to the word "suffocation" no matter what kind of language it is. I couldn't spell and pronounce difficult words correctly when I was a kid except that one. Everytime I read through Chinese history up to the time at around 300 B.C, in which the king of Qun dynasty burried 400k people alive, my hands couldn't stop shaking, and I feel like I go through the feeling of suffocation again. The feeling is horrible that I could stop keep deep breathing.
My mom told me during the time my father died when I was 6, I requested to check carefully if father was really dead, I said not to bury those who are alive by mistake. (I couldn't remember if I had really said these, I was told by my mom)

Until the time I got in touch with astrology, it was the first time I tried to link up the clues I found in this life. By using the approach by AT Mann in another thread, I've got my moon dated back my past life in 366 B.C in which my moon stands alone in the buchet pattern

Once I glimpsed through an essay about Ketu and Rahu of Vedic astrology, (just very occasionally, Vedic theories are too difficult for my standard) it said when south node lies in 12th house it is more easily to experience the feeling from past lives and you should learn your tasks through it. I don't know if the essay explains correctly, but I do have my south node in 12th conjuncting my Uranus in Sagittarius (hmm, I am still trying to figure out what's the meaning of that conjunction, any ideas? :p )

Sometimes right before I get into my dream when I sleep, some scenes sound familiar to me blink through my head. I couldn't clearly distinguish them between imaginations and experiences cause I blame it onto my day-dreaming skill brought by my neptune -asc conjunction.

Well well, I don't know if I've gone to far and got off-topic. :p Just some of my experience sharing :p

Cheers
Enid

Lapis

Narcissus,

Thanks for sharing your really intense memory with us. You perfectly described how we usually remember a past life. A big trigger! Something in this life will resonate so strongly with something we've lived through or died through in a past life, that this trigger (whatever it is) will instantly reconnect us to that past life faster than the speed of light!

We have a wise saying here in the USA and it goes....."Out of the mouths of babes!"

So very true it is too. As children we often still have a clear connection with our real multidimensional Self and we'll pop out with the most telling sentences about ourselves. When I was about 4 my parents took me to an amuzement park where I got to ride on my first merry-go-round. (A huge ride for kids with beautifully painted fake horses. It goes around in a circle and up and down.) My parents even took pictures of me riding on this.

Everytime I'd pass by them, they'd be waving and smiling at me. I however was like a 40 year old driving on the freeway at rush hour! Typical Capricorn! There's photos to prove this sad fact. :roll: When the ride stopped and they helped me off it, they asked me why I wasn't having fun and if I was afraid. I begged for them to let me back on the ride again because I loved the horses. I told them that, "One must pay close attention whenever riding a horse because one could die if not careful."

My parents believed in reincarnation and put me back on the ride and stopped waving and smiling at me each time I circled around! :lol: They allowed me to pay close attention to my horse riding without any distractions!!! Cool parents. :wink:

400 thousand people died from being buried alive by some Chinese *&#* ruler. Can we say karma??? Wow! Are you doing OK with this issue now? My mom died from suffocation in a past life too and she still gets freaked out when she has trouble breathing in this life. She has asmatha, chronic bronchits and it turns into pnuemonia really easily in this life. Makes you wonder dosen't it?

CalicoDreams

Another indicator of my alamo-y past life ..or two, actually...

I have a fear of things popping up, or being hidden away from me behind a wall... in the Alamo, it was only walls that seperated the 180 men inside from the thousands of Mexican troops outside ..in fact, in the 2004 movie ..they show a point of view from the inside, looking just over the wall at the thousands of Mexican combatants and ..God, that just freaks me out.

..Then there's loud noises and explodey.. type noises. I don't like those. But, I can be amidst them. It's strange. Right now I'm visiting my father on the indian reservation (I'm native american) and it was like a warzone down in the village. People setting off even the largest kinds of fireworks, and I'm just ....I can't be near those. It took a lot of coaxing, but once I was out there I was able to take it. I still didn't like it, but ... I didn't run away or anything. What amazed me too, is that there were rockets at the alamo.

Claire19

For past life clues I always look at the south node and its aspects but in a tight orb of 3 or 4 degrees only in my opinion. It gives an idea of the sort of situation you were in the past. Also 12th house can give clues especially with issues coming from the past such as weaknesses. The moon gives clues to our family hereditary and memory. The north node is our path this time around and depending on the aspects, how difficult or easy that may be. Martin Schulman's book on Karmic Astrology, the Moons Nodes and Reincarnation is interesting.

The "transitting nodes" are not valid in my view. They belong to the person born on that day.

Claire