Sun+Moon in 2nd house

Namaste,
What effect these two make in second house when in combination(together).
These are at 24 degree according to aspect and conjuction chart that I am reading. Help appreciated .

suhasg

Both are almost a sign apart. According to Vedic Astrology if both are still in the same sign then both are in conjunction. According to Western astrology they are not.

I mean being on same house didn't they cancel each other out. As sun is fire moon is water, water cancels fire . Thats the only thing I want to know. By the way,Thank You for replying

Crystalpages

Namaste,
What effect these two make in second house when in combination(together).
These are at 24 degree according to aspect and conjuction chart that I am reading. Help appreciated .

Vishwavijeta ji,

In order to get meaningful information from this astro-signal, we would need some more background information and details.

First of all, it was not clear if the two were in the same sign (house) 24 degrees apart (e.g., sun at 3d taurus and moon at 27d taurus, or were both the 'lights' at the 24d of the sign.

Secondly, the significance would be different depending on which sign was rising. For pisces rising, it would represent the lords of 5th and 6th; for libra rising, it would represent the lords of 10th and 11th joining in the 2nd house. The latter would indicate the heightening of accumulation of wealth related to one's work and possibly important work (other factors being helpful before the firm conclusion can be made, and subject to strong cancellation of debilitated moon!), while the former may represent some problems with the 2nd and 5th house matters or even the possibility of education being associated with a healthcare line of work, particularly considering exaltation of lord of sixth.

And differently for other signs rising.

The *other* factors or considerations, at the very minimum will be aspects and associations with other planets in the chart, nakshatras, dispositors of the rashi, and many many more!

I realize that many texts, ancient and contemporary have chapters on effect of planets in a house, or sign and Saravali has many chapters on presence of a planet or two or more, but those are often, in the field, seen to turn out to be hit or miss at best, and I believe were meant as 'thought starters' and not bottom-lines.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Last edited:
I think it is from aries as lagna lord is in 1st house. Also the planetary position according to western chart is following:
Moon 18* Gemini 58
Sun 24* Taurus 35

I'm still rookie and the whole chart reading seems very hard nut to crack.
Help Appreciated .

Crystalpages

I think it is from aries as lagna lord is in 1st house. Also the planetary position according to western chart is following:
Moon 18* Gemini 58
Sun 24* Taurus 35

I'm still rookie and the whole chart reading seems very hard nut to crack.
Help Appreciated .

Once we begin trying to enjoy daal or sarson ka saag, with bread baked elsewhere, some end up with indigestion!

Me -- I have since few decades ago, east or west have not been a problem and have become a part of my world and family!

One little pointer, though!

Why was it that the tropical thinking focused so much on aspects, which simply paid attention to interplanetary relationships which negated essentially, what? Precession??

Well you are certainly right on this one. I do feels like sometimes we have to look beyond that. If we are getting benefit from mixing ideologies , why not we should do that ? Besides how it will result, I mean the sun moon combination with details above? I hope I am not rushing for answer(right now it looks like I do :0 )

Last edited:

VenusS

One born in Moon/Sun in 2nd house for Aries native, will be Raja yoga in 2nd house. Although, this might not be that strong because of degrees, but this will be there, as 4th/5th lord and Exalted Moon. Moon is stronger than sun, one will be devoted to hhis Mother and Father, one will be very religious, fond of wealth through family business. This will change if there is an eminity planet in 8th, or sat or mars aspect it from their special aspects(3,10,4,8). One's ego will be damaged, or will have none, will have no confidence(this will change if 1st lord, mars, saturn be well situated). There will be no evils whatsoever, if Jup,Mer,Venus is in lagna(Sage Garga Hora shastra), there will be no evil or evils will be destroyed if lagna, have benefic drishtis, or is situated in well position, if jupiter aspect moon here(BPHS).
Regards

Note : one will have extreme emotions, will be depressed or very sensitive towards every aspect.