Sun mahadasha

Ukpoohbear

I am in a period of sun mahadasha and I hear it happens every 100 years and not everyone will get one and it is also rare for someone of a young age. I am very religious or it was a religious experience and now I feel different. I am now in the Ketu and last stage.

Are there any other people with experience and story to share about their experience?

mathur_dinesh

Anybody born in a constellation of the Sun will be considered born in the Vimshottari major-period of that planet. This would be so when the Moon was in a constellation of the Sun at the time of birth. There are three constellations of the Sun out of a total number of 27 constellations. Thus roughly 1/9th of world population is born under Sun major-period.

Ukpoohbear

Anybody born in a constellation of the Sun will be considered born in the Vimshottari major-period of that planet. This would be so when the Moon was in a constellation of the Sun at the time of birth. There are three constellations of the Sun out of a total number of 27 constellations. Thus roughly 1/9th of world population is born under Sun major-period.

I thought the Sun Dasha was 6 years out of the whole 120 years Dasha? This makes my young age unique. My young age to have this experience. I was told the ending period was difficult and I should avoid adventure or fights.

mathur_dinesh

We are all interested in astrology and many a time we try to impart astrological knowledge to our friends without understanding the issue ourselves. Please be careful in accepting such knowledge.
Out of 120 years only 6 are not governed by the Sun in the sense it has been told. This would mean that all born in those 6 years in a span of 120 years would start with this major-period.
No, it is not so.

Ukpoohbear

We are all interested in astrology and many a time we try to impart astrological knowledge to our friends without understanding the issue ourselves. Please be careful in accepting such knowledge.
Out of 120 years only 6 are not governed by the Sun in the sense it has been told. This would mean that all born in those 6 years in a span of 120 years would start with this major-period.
No, it is not so.

Thank you. I see I was mistaken. This come from a man who is engineer and Indian so he should know better.

Ukpoohbear

"If someone is born with a Sun Dasha they are too young it so anything about it. But when you get it in your adult life (remember Sun has only 6 yrs full quota, in the entire 120 yrs of the Dasha scheme)... then you have the chance to consciously act as per its active energy in your life and make deliberate progresses"

Chakravathy

Hey pooh bear,

It's not just Sun. Mars and Ketu only have 7 years. And 7 years of ketu is like a millennia. Moon has only 10 years. The rest are pretty long. You starting with Sun is surely not special or unique. And the 6 years of sun period will be different for different people depending on Sun's position, aspects, strength and many other factors. And Indian Engineers need not necessarily know astrology and the sun :smile: With the heat, no one likes Sun there anyways. He has told you something he thought was special and you have believed it since they are in "Nice Things" category :whistling: Not trying to disappoint you, but Sun Dasa is just another dasa with a purpose. Every major period tries to teach us something.

If you want a reading, it's always better to post your birth details. And your Sun can be decoded by the learned members! And keep an eye on that Indian Engineer? Saying nice things when he has no idea about it.! Well, that a good start for him though, but this forum has killed it for him. Anyways, I wish you good luck :)

Ukpoohbear

Hey pooh bear,

It's not just Sun. Mars and Ketu only have 7 years. And 7 years of ketu is like a millennia. Moon has only 10 years. The rest are pretty long. You starting with Sun is surely not special or unique. And the 6 years of sun period will be different for different people depending on Sun's position, aspects, strength and many other factors. And Indian Engineers need not necessarily know astrology and the sun :smile: With the heat, no one likes Sun there anyways. He has told you something he thought was special and you have believed it since they are in "Nice Things" category :whistling: Not trying to disappoint you, but Sun Dasa is just another dasa with a purpose. Every major period tries to teach us something.

If you want a reading, it's always better to post your birth details. And your Sun can be decoded by the learned members! And keep an eye on that Indian Engineer? Saying nice things when he has no idea about it.! Well, that a good start for him though, but this forum has killed it for him. Anyways, I wish you good luck :)

Yes I am just a beginner at astrology and I have been asking about Vedic to my friends in multicultural centre and he offer to read my chart. I have cancer 12 lord in 12 house which gives struggle with loving others and myself? I will post chart in forum and begin to learn about astrology on here and join the discussion.

Do you have a Vedic book to recommend for beginner level?