Magick

8thstellium

Hi All,
I recently discovered a magick and spiritual supplies site and a forum associated with it.
It's like a whole different world.
Everything boils down to what you believe in I guess.
There people talk about magick and how real it is and their real experiences.

If you take the same query to yahoo answers or google and search, people discard magick as unreal and illusion and abt non-existance of it.

So is that it?
Everything including God and religion and such beliefs are just what we believe in or brought up with?

Is magick real? Can the fate be changed by magick? Is fate even a right word to use if so many people do so many things to change their course of life for better or for worse?

Anybody has any REAL experience with magick?
Is it just based on faith or is it a real thing?

Do you need to have magickal background or lineage to cast little spells without becoming a witch.

retinoid

Well just changing your perspective on something can change a situation dramatically. For example people who become paralyzed...it is terrible and some people kill themselves or live in misery. Others change their lives for the better in some way and don't look at getting paralyzed as negative it just 'is'...same with getting rained on. Some will get very angry about getting wet and say, 'why does this always happen to me!?' while others will not mind. So if you change your perspective of situations then you change the circumstances...this is called ordinary magic.

I think when you change your vibration and align your vibration to a certain area, then you can attract other circumstances. May not be exactly how you envision it, but overall you will change your reality's 'theme'...Such as aligning to prosperity...you will begin to attract avenues of being prosperous. But you may not necessarily be in charge of the specifics. This I believe is higher order magic. Folk magic/lower order attempts to control the specifics and to micromanage yet the people who practice such arts never actually end up any better than they were to begin with.

Last edited:

8thstellium

I think when you change your vibration and align your vibration to a certain area, then you can attract other circumstances. May not be exactly how you envision it, but overall you will change your reality's 'theme'...Such as aligning to prosperity...you will begin to attract avenues of being prosperous. But you may not necessarily be in charge of the specifics. This I believe is higher order magic.
Folk magic/lower order attempts to control the specifics and to micromanage yet the people who practice such arts never actually end up any better than they were to begin with.

Chanting is believed to change vibrations in Hindu religion chanting is prescribed very often.

Since people who do folk magic put so much effort and focus in that direction, might accomplish their cause?

Sagakkan

Well....I have much I could say on this. Since about May 20, 2012 my life was dominated by pain, fear, anxiety, doubt, stress, and lots of shame. I felt that I needed to know why all of this was happening to me - I found that regular psychotherapists/ counselors couldn't really understand someone like me, I suppose I was made differently from other people.

So I went to an online psychic, who did a tarot reading for me. He confirmed a lot of what I already knew, but in addition said that I have a lot of latent psychic abilities, that I should try to use these because it would "raise my vibration" -- I still don't know what this phrase means, but nonetheless. He also did some ceremony thing/ energetic work on me. I definitely felt different after this, though I am unsure as to whether it was the ceremony or just having done something so weird as to receive energy work from an online psychic.

Nonetheless, I did pursue the psychic abilities thing for about three weeks. While sitting in the dining hall I might see the color purple for some reason, and I asked the person sitting across from me if purple was his favorite color. He said yes, it has been a significant color for him since childhood. I did a few things like this until I decided it was too awkward to try in person, so I used the online "talk to a complete stranger" site "omegle".

I would begin by asking if they wanted a psychic reading, that I was a beginner and wanted to practice. Because I was very nervous generally, I used calming music, beautiful pictures, and isochronic tones to calm myself, to reach something of a meditative state.

It would take me a while to go into all of the readings I did, which were very many, but about 25-30% of them were TERRIBLE, sometimes the person would call me a fake and want me to fail. Another 30% of them were very interesting, I would often be able to remote view accurately, use telepathy accurately (you should see the look of shock on some people's faces), tell things about people's lives or loved ones through clairvoyance, etc. Not everything I would get right, but enough to keep me going.

Another third of them were absolutely mind-blowing....they would often go so well, my remote-viewing/ clairvoyance/ telepathy would be so accurate that I asked them if they wanted to read me! This is the most interesting part. On several occasions the other person was able to pick up on an image I sent telepathically with considerable accuracy...they were not strange old lady types, just regular people with no previous interest in this kind of thing.

After a while of this I realized what techniques would improve accuracy, though I realized that some of these might be invasive, possibly considered sorcery on some level, and I started to get very strange symptoms of illness, so I stopped. (The specific symptoms stopped as well) This was probably for the best because I hadn't done much in the way of homework for weeks!

The easiest thing to pick up on are people's passions, their life path, what they love, what is in their heart, what is cherished - the things that matter. For me, that is the case anyway, though I have seen demonstrations by people who are better at picking up on useless minutiae - you might look up Christopher Carter, he is an entertainer who I believe uses psychic gifts of some variety, for example he is able to tell what is in the pockets of randomly chosen audience members. He allows the audience to verify that he is blindfolded and hasn't any remote communication device....it's quite astonishing.

Anyway, that was three months ago that I did all of this.....now sometimes I wonder if it was just a fluke or if my mind was playing tricks on me or something. Though I also learned how to see auras if I want to, they are definitely there, to my senses at least. I still wonder, recently, if my mind has played tricks on me, and have doubts in spite of all these experiences.

Though I have to say....there is probably plenty of evidence of mind over matter if you choose not to ignore it, to be open to it like I was. Western Science has done some good, though it is incredibly misguided in some other ways, and it would be the last thing I would blindly put faith in as so many do.

gen6k

ive had psychic experiences as well as seen ghosts, ufos, aliens. my psychic is about 20% hit because it basically just creeps through at times. theres not enough water to support it. i dont really train it.

ive seen a good amount of things. i might get in to magic ive tried a couple of protection spells cause tarot warned about someone casting a love-spell on me. the tarot said it was a good idea or for a good reason.

one day i had this cord going up to the sky while i was walking outside from the top of my head.

so then i decided to download a counter-spell book and i put on box-like protection around me. by moving my hands like a frame and closing it off from the outside.

i totally see how magick is pure imagination. ive seen that guy in a picture that walks around like its pure magic. hes actually serious about the spirits all around.

im not too fond of the use of magic like its possible uses for me. i dont want to aggravate satanists or something by becoming arrogant. i think its better if i keep away from all the spirit realm before it starts bugging me.

once something is encountered for example one has to keep learning more and more magic to keep up with possible competition.

you should watch out for that and maybe make alliances with more mature protectors.

they have straight up magic spell books at barnes and noble. it could possibly do something, but i see it as more immanent of mundane phenomena. maybe it represents with imagination what can be represented similar to mundane reality. for alternate causes as same causes.

i dont think astrology transits are entirely sanctioned to mundane phenomena and the movements already there. at least with neptune forces start seeping in from other places.

Last edited:

retinoid

Chanting is believed to change vibrations in Hindu religion chanting is prescribed very often.

Since people who do folk magic put so much effort and focus in that direction, might accomplish their cause?

Yes ancient Sanskrit mantras do produce changes in consciousness and vibration.

Lower magic may accomplish a cause but not really. Look to becoming what you want to manifest, not trying to draw it towards you. Changing your life is the ultimate magic. Now, perhaps certain herbs and stones and such can help as they have their own vibration (towards a specific cause), but you need to become what you want to manifest in order to bring it on this plane.

dr. farr

Magic works:happy:, but it AIN'T EASY:crying:!!! It requires a good deal of knowledge, effort, repetition, and, most importantly of all, TIMING!!!:wink:

retinoid

Magic works:happy:, but it AIN'T EASY:crying:!!! It requires a good deal of knowledge, effort, repetition, and, most importantly of all, TIMING!!!:wink:

What kind of magic are you speaking about? Traditional magic requires a lot of these things yes. But is the knowledge and timing used to make things work or just to help you? Make things flow easier?

dr. farr

The timing is needed to make it happen-without the timing it is largely a hit and miss situation; same holds true for any application of subtle energetics (such as in healing with acupuncture, homeopathy, etc) Timing often-if not in fact usually-makes the difference between success and failure (or success vs mediocre results/effects) Timing is a principal reason why earliest astrology (such as in the Vedas, and in ancient China) dealt almost exclusively with selecting (we call it "electing" now) "propitious times" for certain actions, especially for spiritual activities, healing, etc.

I cee

. Now, perhaps certain herbs and stones and such can help as they have their own vibration (towards a specific cause), but you need to become what you want to manifest in order to bring it on this plane.

I agree Retnoid, I seem to be very drawn to the stone, Sapphire, I was lookin at jewellery and this stone just shone out to me!
Also I have had times recently where I wake middle of night and have a very vivid picture, like a night ago it was cogs like inside a clock and a pink scarf, beautiful, long and flowing.

Maybe I had seen these somewhere else and my subconscious was picking up this????

Life is magick.

Slightly off topic, but has anyone seen or done themselves, automated writing?
Where spirits write thru you?

mrdecc

Premium Member
It appears that magick can be as complicated as you need it to be. It does not seem to matter what belief system you work with.
'I' do know this, the old adage 'be careful what you wish for or you might just get it' is earth shatteringly true. 'I' am very very careful about what 'I' wish for as my belief system is very simple. Also working within groups of 3 or possibly more (numbers greater than 3 have not been tested thoroughly enough for 'me' to be totally convinced),greatly amplifies whatever energy you are working with.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Anyone who doesn't believe in Magick as opposed for example to White Magic needs to read a little book entitled: Path To Power by Roger Heisler.

White Magic is involved in magic that only works in the levels of consciousness above the mental plane. Magick(both white and black) works in the physical, emotional and mental planes.

I wasn't really sure of the workings of it until I could not sell my house and I resorted to a set of Roman Catholic Incantations. It involved the use of an statue and ritualized prayers to St. Joseph. The statue was of St. Joseph holding the Baby Jesus buried upside down in the ground in front of the dwelling, with 2 inchies of dirt over top of the burial. The sudden and unexpected actions toward the sale of the house when the incantation process was used, after 3 months of no action at all, changed my mind. And my house was a cream puff that I completely renovated top to bottom, it was in the area of the lowest taxes in the county and the best schools, in one of the most desirable and most scenic developments.

So I bought the little book to find out why it worked and found out more than I wanted to know.