When did you get into astrology?

spock

Frankly I can't be 100% sure about the ages and the seasons of my very first contact with Astrology. I could be fifteen or sixteen, I first read the Newman books at seventeen or eighteen, I am quite sure I wasn't nineteen. I probably read the article around fifteen or early sixteen, it was a sunny day, that much I can remember. My mother told me repeatedly that I was born the given time, eastern european time. Lamia is situated geographically on the center of Greece. I had my suspicions about Capricorn and Jupiter but not about Libra. I always thought that my ascendant was Aquarius, that would probably explain my interest in Astrology. I started acting in 2003. I am very reckless as a person, careless but not carefree. I am a male. What exactly makes my involvement with acting consistent? If you look at the dates of my posts you will probably comprehend why I sound so impatient. Are you an expert on Numerology as well? If yes you could analyze my numbers as well if that is not too much to ask. This semi-analysis of my data has been fascinating for me, it's been a dream come true for decades now, thank you very, very much!!! And please, continue your questions!:happy:
I have no more questions. The dates you have given me have been too general and too uncertain to be useful as data. Regarding Jupiter and acting the Gauquelin research found that Jupiter was more often than expected just above the Asc or just to the right of the MC at the birth of successful actors, although I have long suspected that due to an average lateness factor in reporting birthtimes the peaks in the distribution are actually on the angles. (For other reasons I suspect that the Nonagesimal, not the MC is the location of the upper peak.) The implication is that having Jupiter on the Asc means you have traits that are advantageous to have if one happens to be an actor. Those traits, according to the Gauquelins, are extroversion, immodesty, and spontenaity, in general being at ease in a crowd, something of a show-off, able to make a good impression. But I think more specifically, based on Vygotsky, that the Jupiter rhythm is that part of the psyche that enables us to pretend, to have one thing stand for another (e.g. the little boy riding a stick which he pretends is his horse), to play social roles and therefore also roles in the theater. Having Jupiter on the Asc emphasizes this capacity and a tendency to make believe, which is helpful if one is an actor even though it doesn't guarantee success (because it's not the only factor that leads to success in acting). I'm afraid I have no numerological interpretation to offer, and anyway it wouldn't be appropriate in this sub-forum.

Nervious break down, Jupiter Transiting the 8th house stellium in Pisces Aquarius cusp of, Sun, Venus, Mercury, Jupiter. (As well as the obvious jupiter return at the same time.)

Started with ptolemy's tetrabiblos, Then CArmen AStrologicum, And sue tompkins aspects in astrology. Completely self taught, in under a year can't find any new information nothing i havent read before etc. etc....

"It's said that what used to take a life time to learn, can be taught in a few months with the advent and availability of information on the internet."

Last edited:

spock

Nervious break down, Jupiter Transiting the 8th house stellium in Pisces Aquarius cusp of, Sun, Venus, Mercury, Jupiter. (As well as the obvious jupiter return at the same time.)

Started with ptolemy's tetrabiblos, Then CArmen AStrologicum, And sue tompkins aspects in astrology. Completely self taught, in under a year can't find any new information nothing i havent read before etc. etc....
When did the breakdown occur (in calendar terms)? Does "under a year" refer to the time period immediately following it? Was the breakdown a factor in your taking up astrology? Would you be willing to share your chart and/or birth data?

Caro

I would say I have always been into it from a fairly young age.

However a turning point was being given a couple ofs basic astrology books in 2000.
I started to do my own chart in 2001. I had previously had readings in 90's which I was not that impressed with.

Then when I moved cities in 2001 I began to meet through further education people who studied astrology or who were qualified astrologers.
Then is when I realised how vast a subject it was. (I have often thought I would study for a diploma - but Im concerned it might take over my life and I never leave the house!!)

coincided with jupiter and saturn transit to my 8th house(gemini))

(1999 had been a very difficult year with part of 2000 also)

my dob 11.2.67 00.30 am (Im aqua sun) Plympton UK.

Pallas-trine-Mars

Basically my parents knew a little bit. They knew which Sun signs they were a detail or two of what some of their Sun sign descriptions are, though they really don't know much or care a lot. They told me what my sign was, Cancer. I looked it up in an encyclopedia and thought 'hmm, I guess that does sound a little bit like me' but didn't know what to do with the information so I didn't really care. It was a few keywords, the water element and ruler was Moon, not much of a stirring or convincing analysis and I still didn't know any of the workings yet. Same for the other signs- dates, Capricorn and Saturn, Scorpio and Pluto.. Not knowing or really caring where that's coming from. This was when I was very young. Sometimes I'd notice that people of certain Sun signs did seem to have a lot of the same personality traits as others that shared that sign, like Libras, Pisceans, some Scorpios and Tauruses, but I still didn't know where to go from there.

Also had a mentor who hated astrology, one of "those people," you know. The skeptics. She was one of the

"I pretend I'm angry at astrology when really I'm just ignorant of how it works, it seems intangible and to be beyond human understanding of how it could possibly be working as professional astrologers claim and an scared that it might have more control of my life and identity then my own choice",

much like your teacher, Spock. So she and her negative vibes pushed me a bit farther still from astrology, but I still knew what I knew and decided to just leave her to whatever she wanted to believe.

It wasn't until Saturn was recently in Cancer that I was utterly convinced. My life sucked horribly as only Saturn can do to someone unprepared for his bullsh*, and this was for YEARS. I couldn't understand it. How is everything suddenly so difficult, why can't I get out of these negative places I'm trapped in. People were no help. I ended up reading newspaper and online astro forecasts (note: I didn't say "horoscope" because that's not what they are) desperate for some advice. I'd sometimes did that but of course I never really cared about them. They give you a bit of advice, you never know on what and it's maybe 50/50 chance they could be right. The ones I was looking at were either AMNewYork or Metro, which I liked because they were free, seemed less biased than paid-for papers, had stories those didn't, a good writing style.. And AOL's horoscope. One or more of those seemed to accurately predict my misery and depression and mentioned Saturn, which I'd never seen before. I was astounded. It turned up later on the b-stard was making a bunch of his evil aspects all over my chart.

So I ended up reading more on astrology and it's working. I ended up teaching myself about it and various techniques. Haven't looked back.

I'm so sorry for that. I meant to make a short and quick post. Oh well lol

Last edited: