18 degrees Scorpio

I am really depressed :( :(. My north node sits at 18deg42 Sco. There goes my life...

What is the orb with serpentis? I notice the 2000 longitude is 22SCO05

Last edited:

franklin taylor

My south node sits just shy of twenty-one degrees Scorpio. It conjuncts my Natal Neptune at 20 degreees (rounding up) Scorpio. I don't really understand what that means. Something about where I have been. Looking at the Sabian References it translates as;
21°)
SOLDIER READY TO FACE CHARGES OF DESERTION FOR LOVE'S SAKE Conflict between old and new perspectives. A willingness to face chaos for the sake of a new order. Yielding to emotions.
___*When positive, the degree is effective responsibility to the inner stirrings of self and a willingness to face the consequence of true self-assertion, and when negative, complete faithlessness to the common welfare.

18 degrees Scorpio translate as;
__(18°)
A WINDING ROAD LEADS THROUGH GLORIOUS AUTUMNAL WOODS The light which transfigures the soul after passions have faded away. Revelation of inner wealth. Radiant consummation.
___*When positive, the degree is high success in every area of true self-interest, and when negative, a perverse delight in permitting worth-while things to go to seed.
You got me on the validity of it all. Yielding to emotions may mean I can be manipulated? Trapped in my past? I thought that my Moon Square Saturn pointed that aspect in my life. Neptune my be confusing things being in such close proximity.
Take Care.
Franklin

FlyAway

What does "18+" mean?
Somewhere between the 18th and the 19th degree?
Or does this depend on the year?
Since this Serpentis degree moved up to 22+ degrees in the year 2000.

I've got my ascendant at 20,32 in Scorpio, but I never paid any particular attention to its degree.

Not that I worry, because I got used to my Scorpio energy through the years.

r-e-g-e-n-e-r-a-t-i-o-n, that's the keyword ;)

Well I've come to the conclusion that I won't be dying anytime soon ;) because I think of all those Sco sun people born with a 18-22 deg sun and none of them to my knowledge have dropped dead at a higher rate than anyone else.

Thanks very much for everyone's help though, I do appreciate it.

Franklin, I don't know what to make of your aspects but I imagine that your explanation is apt. I would say that somehow when things go wrong, your chart says that you flip back into a very emotional and possessive state where you might be suspicious/jealous about things/people (sco) (compare this to my tau sth node, where I just go shopping and indulge when things go wrong :) ). Combine this with Nep, must be some sort of emotional confusion or anything that will give you an altered state of consciousness - drugs, religion etc. I really don't know how Serp fits into this though. Its not as if you drop dead or have a serious accident everytime this happens otherwise you wouldn't be here chatting to us! :) Otherwise, maybe it has to do with painful beginnings in life involving life-death struggles/drugs or something along those lines. Or a religious background? Let me know, I hope none of this is depressing.

This is also an interesting question that Radu asked someone this question (paraphrased with whether you have ever felt anything in your life that is like a snake striking):

Did you experience any time anything of the above? What about snakes - what do you feel about them?
(http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1996&highlight=serpentis)

I can't really think of anything like that, except a very unexpected career change done on a whim that has worked out. Otherwise, no. No loss of parent or thing or a serious or accident or anything.

But I tell you what is interesting;

http://www.winshop.com.au/annew/Unukalhai.html

Serpens, is the same Snake that is found on the symbol of medicine worldwide, the staff of the god Mercury, the caduceus. The caduceus shows two snakes coiling around a central rod surmounted by two wings of the bird on top. Mercury placed his wand between two serpents struggling to devour each other, which represents the directing intelligence (Mercury) reconciling basic opposing forces and so representing good balanced by evil, health by sickness. This much-used image is an emblem of homeopathy - a cure effected by what caused the ailment. The serpent therefore becomes the source of the healing of the wound caused by the serpent.

My partner is in the medical field and of course, my partner is who I will live my future out with in this life (touch wood) and my NN might indicate something about this. He also has a unaspected mercury :)

Flyaway - are you in a med-related field or anything?

It might have of course something to do with my own career too. I'm not in a medical career but I guess in my profession, its almost like a counselling service for people too.

Last edited:

cara4art

Natally I have Jupiter Rx in 8th house at 18 Scorpio. Ability to go into deep states to access hidden material, which I have had to do over the past nearly 3 years. Too long of a story to go into here. Along with Chiron Rx in 8th(2 Scorpio), the shamanic archetype rings true with me, and I tend to seek within for my own answers and spirituality. Have not sought wealth(aka "other people's money")pretty much, and any personal success has been short-lived, but due to my own efforts though. I like to keep things simple in my life so I don't need to have alot of money. Some folks along the way have commented that I have "money issues" or a "poverty consciousness" because I am not actively seeking fame and fortune(I'm an artist), but you know what? I have no debts, I have very good health, don't want much in the way of material things, and have plenty of time, as well as peace and quiet, so actually I am wealthy in a way that many people are not.

FlyAway

23 said:
Flyaway - are you in a med-related field or anything?

No meds here, I'm more into soul things and creativity, but not professionaly though.
I can relate more to cara4art's story.

franklin taylor

No, I am not too depressed about it, I have plenty of other things to be upset about. Things I can change opposed to things in life I can't like my Natal Horoscope. I may have to agree with parts of your explanation though. One has to consider more than jealousy and possesiveness though with Scorpio. They are also well known for their Idealism as well and it is a Keyword for them. With all this being in my ninth house, Idealism, would be a viable asset or liability expressed. When things go wrong, I tend to dwell on what should be right rather than the way things in reality are. One could call this Escapist Idealism. (These two words should be two keysword for Neptune in Scorpio natives period, and probably are and I just hadn't seen it) not that its right or "normal" but its me. I strive not to think that way but its almost like a hidden drive/habit (so are planetary energies). So, Neptune is at work because my judgement can be fuzzy and I have to take my self to the level where I'm on the outside looking in and then I usually can right things or at least take a proper "shot at it". I also found a website that explains the Neptune/ South Node conjunction and here is what I found and would also concur that it carries weight for explaining me

Neptune conjunct South Node: This individual may feel phobic about beauty, imagination or their rescuing instincts. They could yearn for the unattainable dream. They tend to overdo visualization and fantasy. A savior-victim association could develop. Learning to find the common ground between human love and a love of God is key to this individual, who is very sensitive to cosmic nurturing

I can see about all of this for me. That Phobic thing stands out for I can see right through beauty (I almost distrust it) even when I don't want to. I can quickly get to the matters of things of the heart. (That sound's Scorpioish if thats even a word hehe). I guess I would need to find God again. I certainly can differentiate God's love and Human's love already for it is almost at opposite ends of the universe at times in my opinion, but finding common ground is more elusive to me. (fear of My Imagination... Naah! not a chance) I had an Out-of- Body experience in a dream. I have written a poem about it since (obviously) as a way of dealing with it for I was only nine years old at the time, and it frightened me and still affects me because I have bits and parts of it again and again. My imagination has always been wild. When I was 4, I was playing like I was an Indian dancing around a bonfire and something started stinging me. (Sounds like the beginning words of one of those Sabian Symbols) I was completely convinced that the bonfire was burning me when in reality I was being stung by a wasp that had fell into the overalls I was wearing. I was stung 15 times and went into anaphylactic shock and almost died. I do fear imagination...to a point. So Neptune plays a big role in my life, but not in drug addiction for I am "Phobic" of such things. For I have seen so much sorrow and death around me caused by them. I feel it affects me more in fantasy (there's not many layers of meaning between the words Fantasy and Idealism) and other more esoteric ways. Though I am thoroughly convinced, with all of my being, that I do talk to another world while I sleep. A world that helps me cope with this world and solves many of my domestic daily questions when I have them. And that it has something to do with my Neptunian placement. May sound crazy to some but to others they fully understand for they do it themselves. Here's the link and it gives all the planets conjunct North and South Node descriptions
http://www.lunarliving.org/featured/nodes.html
Take Care.
Franklin